• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2013 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    "Mr. Peabody & Sherman"
    "Big Eyes"
    (Tim Burton)
    Danny Elfman
    Source: Kraft-Engle agency resume.

I was aware of BIG EYES. But PEABODY seems to be another animated kid flick, it seems. Could be interesting.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. justin boggan wrote
    "Hercules 3D" (Renny Harlin)
    Tuomas Kantelinen
    Source: unconfirmed.

Confirmed. His name is in the trailer's end credits.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Morricone has scored apprently another commercial for Dolce & Gabbana perfume. He did one last year for them as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbAEJ1nPC8
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    "Mad Max: Fury Road"
    Elliot Wheeler
    Source: a new interview, a post (I think it was his Facebook), and other sources where he says he is doing the music for the film.

Replacing the rumored Christopher Young, whom replaced Marco Beltrami, whom replaced the originally announced John Powell back in 2003. WHEW.

Wheeler is scoring a couple other films, and recently did arrangements on "The Great Gatsby".

Wheeler's score has been replaced. FilmMusicReporter is now reporting Junkie XL as the new composer.

Oh, boy.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    What's a Junkie XL?
  4. A current fad for uninformed movie producers looking for what's "hot".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    What's a Junkie XL?

Like a Junkie XXL, only smaller. And full of Remote Control "co-composers" at a guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I actually love the fact that JXL is doing film scores now, although the proof is eventually in the pudding, as they say.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Well, how did you like the pudding called "Man of Steel", 'cause he contributed to it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013 edited
    I'm liking it more and more, and yes, I know he contributed on it.

It's about time he branched out. To me and many others, he's still the guy who did the "A Little Less Conversation" remix.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013
    Thor wrote
    I'm liking it more and more, and yes, I know he contributed on it.

It's about time he branched out. To me and many others, he's still the guy who did the "A Little Less Conversation" remix.

Great track....
    punk ELVIS punk

chicken
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    What's a Junkie XL?

Like a Junkie XXL, only smaller. And full of Remote Control "co-composers" at a guess.

Or have they foregone all pretenses and finally credited the Remote Control composing software?
  6. "Butterfly Love"
    Michel Legrand
    Source: Film's production company website. They also state Al Kasha will do the love theme (I assume they mean a song).

He's what -- 84? Still scoring like Morricone. It's one a year now, but sitll.

"Viva Cañonero!"
    Patrick Doyle
    UNCONFIRMED
  7. "One Lucky Moon"
    Willie Nelson (yes, the same guy)
    Source: production company's website. Doesn't hurt that it's run by Willie Nelson...

"Rob the Mob" (recorded)
    "Chasing Life" (TV movie/pilot; possibly recorded)
    "Friends With Better Lives" (recorded; pilot that may not have gotten picked up)
    Stephen Endelman
    Source: Endelman's Twitter page.

"To Tokyo"
    Trevor Jones
    Source: the film's official website.

"Hunting Christ" (2015)
    John Frizzell
    Source: the film's official website.
  8. Trevor Jones, eh? Cool! I'm also excited about the Frizzel project. I really like his GODS AND GENERALS and this new film sounds like it could lead to a fine film score.
  9. Yeah, it's been a while since we've heard anything from Jones. Looking forward to it!
  10. "Holiday!" (2014)
    Anne Dudley
    Source: none provided, but she is. Signed and already onboard. Some kind of musical film.
  11. Good to see Trevor Jones is back in action. One of the many fine composers out there that doesn't get the attention anymore
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. "Single In South Beach"
    Mark Hinebrook and Luis Fandiño
    Source: the production company's website.
  13. "Another Me" (recorded)
    Michael Price
    Source: website of the orchestra who performed it.

Price has worked with Arnold in recent years, and even worked some for Kamen before his passing.
  14. justin boggan wrote
    "Gods Behaving Badly" (Marc Turtletaub's feature film directorial debut, previously doing producing)
    George S. Clinton
    Source: news section of his website.

FilmMusicReporter.com is now reporting Christopher Young has done a score.

The theremin takes a substantial place in the score, and I'll get a screen credit. (First time, after doing film scores for 10 years!)

(theremin musician charles Lester)
  15. "Throwback"
    Richard Band & Amotz Plessner
    Source: film's trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFILywASMo4

Some interesting music at the beginning. But how the trailer was scored, not so much:
    http://urbancinefile.com/home/view.asp? … News_files
  16. .
  17. "You're Not You" (recorded)
    Jeanine Tesori and Teese Gohl
    (Gohl has worked with Goldenthal a number of times)

????? (should be recorded now)
    Carter Burwell
    Film secretively titled at the moment about Julian Assange. The Tribeca Film Festival showed it as "Kiss the Water", but that's not the actual name.

"Ping Pong Summer" (recorded)
    Michael Montes

Source for all: website of a person who worked on them all.
  18. justin boggan wrote
    ????? (should be recorded now)
    Carter Burwell
    Film secretively titled at the moment about Julian Assange. The Tribeca Film Festival showed it as "Kiss the Water", but that's not the actual name.

You mean The Fifth Estate? That's been out here in the UK for a while and there's nothing secretive about the title as far as I know. confused
  19. OH -- my fault. I never looked into what "The Fifth Estate" was about.
  20. UNCONFIRMED:

"Edge of Tomorrow"
    Darren Rutter

IMDb recently started listing him as the composer. Previously Ramin Djawaski had been hired.

I know -- "Who?"

Seems a few years ago he started working under Deane Ogden, and has taken to working with Steve Price (doing additional for "Gravity").

Putting Ogden aside, the rest leaves me just a few hundred feet below "not hopeful".
  21. "83 Days: The Murder of George Stinney, Jr."
    Stephen James Taylor
    Source: website of the production company.
  22. "A Walk Among the Tombstones" (should be recorded)
    Carlos Rivera
    Source: website of a guy who worked on the score.

This is his first film score. Previously he's played guitar on about a handful of scores, for no one particular composer. He just sort of came out of nowhere it seems.
  23. "Magnitude 9"
    Jan A.P. Kaczmarek
    Source: the production studio's website; Jan has signed early, I think it hasn't stated filming yet.

A film that takes place during the tsunami in Japan a couple years ago.