• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012 edited
    Looking For Richard is excellent.

You can watch the film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jERLop6AsTo

Try listening to these clips. The music tends to be mixed quite quietly, but you will get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHI9NtS … re=related - from about 6:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HNGIDoz … re=related - from about 11:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPsPBHk … re=related - from about 6:15-12:20
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    Welcome! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Thor wrote
    I'm also a fan of Rahman, but I actually agree with you there. SLUMDOG was largely disappointing, and seemed more to be hype and "exoticism" more than anything. The irony is that almost anything else he has done is much better than SLUMDOG, but that no one (in the West, at least) know about.

i'm disappointed in you, thor sad hype? pfffft... it's a wonderful score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012 edited
    alicebrallice wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm also a fan of Rahman, but I actually agree with you there. SLUMDOG was largely disappointing, and seemed more to be hype and "exoticism" more than anything. The irony is that almost anything else he has done is much better than SLUMDOG, but that no one (in the West, at least) know about.

i'm disappointed in you, thor sad hype? pfffft... it's a wonderful score!

Not if you've heard Rahman's previous Bollywood scores, all of which are better! tongue wink

Glad to see you pop by, Alice! Hope you stick around...this really is the best film music forum on the net. Objectively! Jeg lover deg.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012
    Hi all, just found this, so i wanted to introduce myself, as I joined today.
    I am a massive fan of Two Steps from Hell and love Trailer music, as well as film scores. I always loved it but never bothered to look who composed them. Since last year I am so interested through finding TSFH.
    So here I am trying to find out more and listen to other fans and see what they think, etc. It is interesting what i read so far!
    My name is Ute, I am German living in London.
    If I figure out how to put a profile up I will, so far i haven't found the button.. sad

Ute
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012
    Welcome, Ute!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    I don't really care much for most trailer music but I welcome you Ute. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. hello Ute, I'm a big fan of trailer music too, not just Two Steps but also Immediate Music, Brand X music, stuff like that
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormolossus
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012 edited
    Hi!

First I've heard about MT.net from my fellow SSTers: SiriusCreations and Dutchbat. I paid a few visits before and today decided to join this interesting community.
    I had a pleasure do meet some of maintitles.net members in Ghent last year and I hope to meet some in Kraków next week, too.

Usually you can find me at Streamingsoundtracks.com nearly every day, but I will keep visiting MT.net too, of course. Definitely looking forward to learn more about beauty of film music! smile

mol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    Welcome, Molossus! It's nice with a little SST/MT cross-over now and then. While I consider MT (and to a certain extent FSM) my primary film music 'home' online, I like to be associated with SST too (and any other film music group).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome aboard! Did I meet you? Probably, perhaps at the Waterhouse at the Beerside?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Arek beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormolossus
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012 edited
    Thanks for a welcome Thor, Bregt and Timmer!

Bregt wrote
    Did I meet you? Probably, perhaps at the Waterhouse at the Beerside?

No. I didn't have that honor, yet. I went back to hotel with my girlfriend before the meeting started.
    Maybe we will have a chance to meet in Ghent this year! I hope I'll be there again.

beer
  3. good to have you on board Molossus, I was there, met a couple of you Streamingsoundtracks people last year, but considering you weren't there at the waterhouse, it seems we missed you then.

Perhaps this year will be different. smile
    Hope you enjoy the friendly place that is MainTitles and intend to stay beer
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
    Hello all! My name is Josh, I'm an aspiring film composer. I've been learning the ropes and working on indie/student productions for the past 3 years, as well as composing and performing non-score music around Pittsburgh for the past 13. I've completed over a dozen short films, a few commercials as well as music for a haunted house. I recently completed my second feature score, and I've just been hired for my third starting this fall. You can hear my some of my work at http://www.reverbnation.com/joshloughrey as well as some of my current non-film music at http://www.reverbnation.com/ghostestate (we're a Celtic Fusion duo called Ghost Estate...traditional music approached from an electronic perspective with a classically trained singer. I do all the electronics, guitars and lap dulcimer).

Anyway, enough babble. Nice to meet you all! I'll be pestering you for feedback and critiques soon!
  4. Hello Josh, I'm Thomas, nice to have you on board.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Josh beer
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Thanks, Thomas and Timmer!

(and hooray for unintentionally alliterative posts!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012 edited
    Hello Josh, and welcome! (You can now add me to the alliteration!).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Thanks Thor! I'm now starting to feel awkward that my name DOESN'T begin with a T wink

"One: Is your name not Bruce?
    M.B. No, it's Michael.
    Two: That's going to cause a little confusion.
    One: Mind if we call you "Bruce" to keep it clear?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
    Monty Python fan eh?

I approve. Welcome aboard, Bruce!

Bruce smile
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    plindboe wrote
    Monty Python fan eh?

...there are people who AREN'T? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes there are, I know a few people who detest it. Personally I like it, as a kid I absolutely loved it and thought it was the funniest thing ever, in retrospect it's a very hit and miss series but I'd happily sit through it all again.
  5. Every once in a while I have to watch my dvds of 'Monty Python & the Holy Grail', or 'And now for something completely different', just to remember what laughing out loud funny really is. Both these films hold some of the most hilarious sketches / scenes my eyes have ever seen. biggrin

Besides I think the orchestral music in Holy Grail is really good. Like when that viking ship first appears. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Monthy Python is some of the best comedy ever (and one of my personal favourites), but it's not a terribly controversial or original preference. They've almost become mainstream over the years.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Hey everybody , just to let you all know I'm NOT dead yet ! My life was turned upside down a while back and that's why I haven't been around for such a loooong time ... shame I had to get my life back on track ... I'll explain more about it later on . I did miss you guys ... I'm gonna check in more often now ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  6. Hey, Eric. Welcome back!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    It's good to see you back here Eric, I was only thinking about you recently and wondered why you hadn't been around much.
  7. Hey Eric, long time no see. wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012
    THX for the re-welcome guys ... wave
    I think I went MIA here for about a year ...
    A whole year ! shocked
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"