• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Timmer wrote

A bit Darwinian don't you think? wink

I'm a creationist now! You can't deny 2000 years of miracles.

:Jesus:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Proof!?

Well, you're back uhm

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    Hi everyone,
    I found this web site through a link to Kevin Smith's review of THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE. My name is Chris, I am 29, male, from Louisiana, and I enjoy listening to, and writing about, film scores. My favorite composers are John Williams, Bernard Herrmann and Jerry Goldsmith, but I enjoy works by many other composers too, both past and present. In addition, I have been writing about film scores, as a blogger on my personal blog, The Hollywood Sound, and as a contributing soundtrack reviewer for Film Score Monthly Online Magazine. I have also been involved in screenwriting and filmmaking, and I hope to continue studying film and filmmaking at college in the near future. Glad to be here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hi Chris and welcome to our small community! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Hi Chris and welcome.

wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    Thanks to you both for the warm welcome, I appreciate it. I asked earlier on another part of the forum here, if there was any way I could contribute soundtrack reviews to this web site, since I've seen some people do that here. Does anyone know if that might be possible? Just wondering.
  2. chrish738 wrote
    Thanks to you both for the warm welcome, I appreciate it. I asked earlier on another part of the forum here, if there was any way I could contribute soundtrack reviews to this web site, since I've seen some people do that here. Does anyone know if that might be possible? Just wondering.

Bregt is your man for that. I can't see why not.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    How do I contact him?
  3. chrish738 wrote
    How do I contact him?

Use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    Someone replied to my post at the "site questions" forum. I just sent them a review I wrote for FSM Online back in August. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the contact link, too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Chrish beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJAPhillips
    Hi. I am very happy to see another film music site... being old school, there can never be enough discussion on our obsession. Many of you know me from the FSM and Intrada messageboards and my publications and liner notes. Hope to one day contribute.

In solidarity.

James Phillips
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Welcome all to the friendliest film music message board this side of the internet!

wave

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    Thanks, Erik, and everyone. I've seen you on the FSM board, as well as JWFan.net as well. I listened to your internet show a few times and it was great. I should mention that I do have my own blog about film scores. It's called The Hollywood Sound, and admittedly I've been very lax in trying to update it because of my duties with school and FSM Online, but I will try to keep it updated in some form, possibly with reviews of some soundtracks I already have in my collection, as well as whatever interesting videos I come across on Youtube relating to film music. Here's the link:

http://thehollywoodsound.blogspot.com

Hope to have you all read it at some point. Please let me know what you think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I have it bookmarked! Thanks!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome people! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    JAPhillips wrote
    Hi. I am very happy to see another film music site... being old school, there can never be enough discussion on our obsession. Many of you know me from the FSM and Intrada messageboards and my publications and liner notes. Hope to one day contribute.

In solidarity.

James Phillips

Hi James! Glad to see you make it over here.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Hello James and Chris, hope you have a pleasant stay here smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Welcome James and Chris. Cool to get two new members who are experienced writers about film music.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCobweb
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    Hello all.

Only today did I discover MainTitles.net and register here.
    Hope to get involved with some intelligent (or semi-intelligent) correspondence!
  5. Cobweb wrote
    Hello all.

Hope to get involved with some intelligent (or semi-intelligent) correspondence!

Welcome, Cobweb. A bit of a Leonard Rosenman fan and a fan of twelve tone music?

I hope that you stay around and participate!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    Hiya Cobweb, welcome beer It's good to see someone here whose taste go further than Zimmer & co.

...and Malcolm rather than David Arnold cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorCobweb
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Cobweb wrote
    Hello all.

Welcome, Cobweb. A bit of a Leonard Rosenman fan and a fan of twelve tone music?

I hope that you stay around and participate!

Thanks for the welcome.
    Yes, I'm a fan of Rosenman and many works from the 2nd half of the 20th century.
    Earlier this year, I looked at Rosenman's filmography and noticed just how much Rosenman's TV and movie music still remains unreleased! Where's all those Warner Bros. sound recordings for "Bombers B52" or "The Crowded Sky" or "Countdown", etc.? Rosenman's "Pork Chop Hill" has a superb main title - does it ever get played over here at MainTitles.net?

I'll need a little guidance navagting around here ... am I correct that there's also classical music discussion here along with "Golden Age" filmscores?

Regards
  6. I do quite enjoy Rosenman's music - if "enjoy" is the right word, it is quite challenging. I am not familiar with any of the titles you mention but I would like to hear his score for The Car separate from the film itself.
  7. Cobweb wrote
    I'll need a little guidance navagting around here ... am I correct that there's also classical music discussion here along with "Golden Age" filmscores?

Non-film music classical pieces tend to be covered in topics such as this:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … v/#Item_15

And Tom (see the topic I linked to) is "your main man" when it comes to promoting scores of the "Golden Age" - though there are several of us who have actually heard of things that were composed before the '80s.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCobweb
    Timmer wrote
    Hiya Cobweb, welcome beer It's good to see someone here whose taste go further than Zimmer & co.

Thanks, Timmer!

I've never used a beer icon previously, so give me some time and I'll get to learn more about these emoticons.

There's some Hans Zimmer scores I do like: "Pacific Heights" & "Beyond Rangoon" (so I don't dislike Zimmer or dismiss his music)

I take it, though, that there's a surfeit of Zimmer and a deficit of appreciation for music over 35 years old?

That's a shame about Malcolm Arnold being upstaged by David Arnold. Tell me, Timmer, which 'African' score by Sir Malcolm do you prefer: "Roots of Heaven" or "The Lion"???
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I certainly like to talk old music....in fact, all types of scores since the dawn of the medium. I also like newer things. Variety is the spice of life.

I must admit that I'm not a big fan of Rosenman, though.

But welcome, Cobweb!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cobweb wrote
    Timmer wrote

Thanks, Timmer!

I've never used a beer icon previously, so give me some time and I'll get to learn more about these emoticons.

There's some Hans Zimmer scores I do like: "Pacific Heights" & "Beyond Rangoon" (so I don't dislike Zimmer or dismiss his music)

I take it, though, that there's a surfeit of Zimmer and a deficit of appreciation for music over 35 years old?

That's a shame about Malcolm Arnold being upstaged by David Arnold. Tell me, Timmer, which 'African' score by Sir Malcolm do you prefer: "Roots of Heaven" or "The Lion"???

ROOTS OF HEAVEN

Quite simply I've never heard THE LION, not even seen the film.

I'd also like to point out that I do like some Zimmer scores and also appreciate David Arnold's work also. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ye olde music,
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ye olde music,

On this board AKA neglected music.