• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    3000?

False alarm. That's a typo on my behalf shame. I wanted to type 300 but i haven't actually seen the collection for years 'cause it's in my parent's house in Cyprus (i am looking at it right now and it's much more than 300, i'll count and tell you). But every single pound i had back then (teenage years and the army, every single salary i got as a kid) went to metal cd's.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010 edited
    Did you ever make a fort out of them and pretended you were the king?
    You know, If I had 3000 CDs, I'd make a fort and pretend I was king. knight

Edit; Oh, 300. That wouldn't make a very good fort. sad
  1. 300? Would be a nice opportunity to dine in hell?

getting my coat...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven and Pawell, you made me laugh biggrin kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, 300 is almost as much as 3000!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, there's just one zero difference. And we all know that a zero is nothing.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Well, Sparta's 300 were as good as 3000 other men.

I'll get my coat now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    300? Your oil powers far exceed my estimates. shocked dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Your oil powers far exceed my estimates.

biggrin biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. I'm Kevin, the apparently infamous Kevin Smith, and I would like to become more involved with this far establishment.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    KevinSmith wrote
    I'm Kevin, the apparently infamous Kevin Smith, and I would like to become more involved with this far establishment.

Infamous? As long as you're not the director Kevin Smith, I must admit that I've not heard of your notoriety before.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    I'm Kevin, the apparently infamous Kevin Smith, and I would like to become more involved with this far establishment.

You're infamous and Thor's not heard of your notoriety get's you off to a bad start in the infamous stakes Kevin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. It's just I was one vote away from being banned from Filmtracks, because a very small minority (four veteran readers) felt I was obnoxious and juvenile, when the vast majority had no problem with me. It's a bizarre incident really.
  4. Filmtracks community tends to be bizarre, though there are very fine members I would like to see here also, like Craig Richard Lysy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sounds familiar.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    It's just I was one vote away from being banned from Filmtracks, because a very small minority (four veteran readers) felt I was obnoxious and juvenile, when the vast majority had no problem with me. It's a bizarre incident really.

I was a member of Filmtracks briefly ( I think I posted all of about 3-4 replies ) but that friggin forum is a headache-and-a-half, such a lousy lay out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I was a member of Filmtracks too, for a very brief while back in the 90's. Didn't like the interface, nor the membership, so I quickly got out of there. I believe it hasn't changed much since then, neither interface nor membership.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I hope I can make some friends with you people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Strange that you were banned there, considering that 99% of people in that thread thought you shouldn't be banned. Also weird to see Christian Kühn so angry and vindictive just because he didn't like your writing style. Seemed a bit over the top to put it mildly.

PawelStroinski wrote
    Filmtracks community tends to be bizarre, though there are very fine members I would like to see here also, like Craig Richard Lysy.

Indeed. I also like Mikal alot. Very decent fellows who always have good thoughts to offer. We should steal them.

Peter smile
  6. KevinSmith wrote

Kevin, then get more involved here
    because you will always have a place here beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    EdBogie wrote
    'Ello! I've been lurking here quite some time, finally decided to join in and post! ^_^

My name's Christina, but you can call me Ed. (nick name, long story, haha) I'm hopelessly addicted to film music, and well, all sorts of music really... but scores and soundtracks are what I find myself hooked on the most. (Funny to think I was a full out metal head before listening to The Village by JNH a couple years ago. Everything changed after that, haha.) I play guitar (acoustic & electric), piano, and Irish tin/low whistle. I also love photography, reading, drawing, and speedcubing.

Favorite composers: James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer (I know, I know... Cardinal sin, right?), John Williams, Michael Giacchino, John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams, Patrick Doyle, Alexandre Desplat, and James Horner.

Anywho! Sorry for the long boring post. Glad to be here along side fellow addicts. :D

I like this! Welcome Ed! wave
  7. Yeah but where is Christina now?

We've seen this too many already, people register, post a few things, than vanish without a trace. sad

Are we THAT scary?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. plindboe wrote
    Strange that you were banned there, considering that 99% of people in that thread thought you shouldn't be banned. Also weird to see Christian Kühn so angry and vindictive just because he didn't like your writing style. Seemed a bit over the top to put it mildly.

It was the group of four veteran readers of the website who have clout.
  9. Kevin wasn't banned. There was one voice too little to ban him.
  10. PawelStroinski wrote
    Kevin wasn't banned. There was one voice too little to ban him.

Banned for nothing! Nada! Zip!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kevin wasn't banned. There was one voice too little to ban him.

Ah, good, I misread Clemmensen's post then.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Short introduction is perhaps required. I know some of you before, as I was active on the old forum. Norwegian, my passport states, a vivid film music fan since my first record; John Williams Dracula, bought at HMV in Oxford street, on my first trip to London, back in 1990. A mere 21 years now.

My favorites today are Mark Isham, Michael Kamen, John Williams, Georges Delerue, Marc Shaiman, Rachel Portman, Alexander Desplat, Bear McCreary, Ron Goodwin, Malcom Arnold etc.

Working full-time, being father to one, hosting a weekly pub-quiz (and making the quiz) and running the local film society, I don't get as much time as I would hope for film music; but I am getting good at multitasking wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see you here again beer and congratulations on becoming a father fireworks beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Herlig å se deg tilbake, adragon!

We can never get enough Norwegians, dammit! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Welcome Adragon beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh