• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Aurora1983 wrote
    Hi, i am Thomas, i am 27 and i live in Hilversum The Netherlands!

I work at a medicine distribution centre in Amsterdam.

I love filmmusic, and i like to have more contacts with filmmusic lovers!!

I really like movies too

see ya all soon!

greets Thomas

A guy who has the same name like me is always welcome here, je zal het hier zeer tof vinden wink
    Enjoy your stay
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011 edited
    And I'm here as well: hi you guys!

Been collecting film music since the late 80ies and I've been a member of the FSM and Intrada forum for a long time -- and now Thor has persuaded me to register here as well.

John, almost 40 but living by the motto 'you are as young as you behave'. Moderator and speech and media coach by profession (although that also feels like a hobby) and perdurable as a film music collector. Although it isn't a as big a part of my life as when I used to write (perhaps Dutch and Belgian members remember the film magazine Movie) and had a weekly radio-show on film scores.

Nowadays film music is on when I'm writing or just sitting down, well, listening as in long train trips through the country.

Looking forward to speaking (and debating!) film music with you guys here.

In other words: hi!
    Nothing is as loud as silence - Miklós Rózsa
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    Welcome John beer I recognise you from FSM.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    Timmer wrote
    Welcome John beer I recognise you from FSM.

Same here!

Nothing but good memories I hope? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey John! Welcome.
    Interesting line of work! Should stand you in good stead with the often volatile discussions on film music! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    They're not as necessary as one might think. Now on discussions of downloads vs. cd's for that matter...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, you should find any discussions here relatively less hotheaded than they sometimes may be over at other forums.

The reason for this obviously is that I am always right. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    Well, as long as you agree with me, we won't have a problem. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome, John! Good call. We need more Dutch people around here.... wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oddly, considering how US overpopulated FSM is, this board could do with a few more Americans.

It's also a shame there aren't more people from European countries such as France, Italy, Portugal etc...
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Oddly, considering how US overpopulated FSM is, this board could do with a few more Americans.

It's also a shame there aren't more people from European countries such as France, Italy, Portugal etc...

True. I think the Euro-heavy membership here scares them away. Perhaps it's easier for US to connect to THEIR kind of popular culture (and references) than it is for them to connect to us.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tom ain't scared a no one! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

COLONIALS?
    Good HEAVENS, man!
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    Timmer wrote

If you mean those freaks we kicked out of the country in the 16th century...

wink
  2. hey John nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your stay here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011
    I used to visit scorereviews a great deal, and have tried to check out FSM lately - but I don't care for much of the tenor of the conversation there (too many egos) - but I really want to be able to talk about the film music that I love - and even some that I don't know yet.

I joined Maintitles when it was set up as a place for the scattered fans of Scorereviews to come back together, but my writing duties on HomeTheaterForum have pretty much kept me too busy - but I have begun collecting scores again in a big way and have always enjoyed the good people here.

I'm English but live in America (and am a US citizen) so I might be able to bridge some of that Euro-USA gap smile

Anyway, I wanted to reintroduce myself...thanks smile
    Insert witty line here
  3. Hey Neil Welcome, you won't find a friendlier place than MainTitles, I can guarantee you that. Good to see another lost soul of ScoreReviews making it back. Hope you enjoy your stay here and have all the filmscore conversations you want

Enjoy your stay smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome back Neil beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey hey!
    Good to see you again, Neil!

What with Christian showing up, it's been rather a week of reconnections. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited
    Hey, maybe even Steven ( 'even steven' biggrin lol ...... uhm... >>>> :coat: ) might get over his hissy fit, wind his neck in and get over his ego and re-join us mere mortals?

Yeap! I believe his boots were so big they got tight.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Hey, maybe even Steven ( 'even steven' biggrin lol ...... uhm... >>>> :coat: ) might get over his hissy fit, wind his neck in and get over his ego and re-join us mere mortals?

The chances are 50:50?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Hey hey!
    Good to see you again, Neil!

What with Christian showing up, it's been rather a week of reconnections. smile

Certainly!

Welcome back people! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorprovostom
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    My name is Tom Provost, I am a filmmaker in Los Angeles (native Texan) and a film score fanatic. I remember in college a roommate going through my albums and when he pulled out the soundtrack to CARRIE, he looked at me aghast and said, "What the **** is this??" and then hounded me about it for weeks, not that I cared. Happy to have found your website and look forward to participating. Thanks!
  5. I had the reverse; some young fellow employee asked me once if I listened to (insert the name of some young talentess rap artist here). To which I rpelied, "No, I don't listen to crap."

He thought it was funny. I was serious.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    provostom wrote
    film score fanatic

You'll fit right in then. smile

Welcome abord!

I've never had really negative reactions from other people before. I used to play a Morricone compilation CD on an old work place and everyone liked it. My boss even became a Morricone fanatic because of it.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Big welcome Tom beer

In the past there were a few raised eyebrows and even the odd derogative comment at the amount of scores I had but everyone who knows me and have been long time friends have grown to appreciate ( and in a couple of cases ) even love film music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

No chance. I have a list of names. A list.

I wear flip flops.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

No chance. I have a list of names. A list.

I wear flip flops.

You can skid on those!

I think I wrote a few comments along these lines here and there over the past year, a spot of "fishing" you might say, though you eventually landed yourself cool

A bit Darwinian don't you think? wink
  6. provostom wrote
    My name is Tom Provost, I am a filmmaker in Los Angeles (native Texan) and a film score fanatic. I remember in college a roommate going through my albums and when he pulled out the soundtrack to CARRIE, he looked at me aghast and said, "What the **** is this??" and then hounded me about it for weeks, not that I cared. Happy to have found your website and look forward to participating. Thanks!

hi Tom, good to have you here, hope you have a good time beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome Tom, any relation to Martin Provost?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.