• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Oh cripes yeah! I'd hate to hear 'local man killed by inappropriate electrical doctoring advice from English film score fan' ( or however the Indian press would write it ) wink

That'd be "English background score fan" for them. wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009 edited
    It was quite a shock going from almost 30 degrees in Turkey and landing in 5 degrees here in Oslo Monday night at 4:30. We were defrosting the car in shorts and sandals! cool --> freezing

Better today. Sunny and windy, appr. 14 degrees Celsius. But the temperature plummeted in the week we were gone!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I was saying the temperature is still hovering close to 80 degrees here. I guess Minnesota must be further south than Oslo. Glad your back safe.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    As I was saying the temperature is still hovering close to 80 degrees here. I guess Minnesota must be further south than Oslo. Glad your back safe.
    Thomas

Thanks! Yeah, I think it is further South. However, we have the Gulf Stream to warm things up a little bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What a return. biggrin

How was the holiday?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Oh cripes yeah! I'd hate to hear 'local man killed by inappropriate electrical doctoring advice from English film score fan' ( or however the Indian press would write it ) wink

That'd be "English background score fan" for them. wink tongue

Yeah, that!! biggrin wink

It's grey and drizzling rain here....from where I'm sat I can see Gomez sat on the window outside, he doesn't seem bothered by the rain.......yet!??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    What a return. biggrin

How was the holiday?

It was great. 2500 NOK for an all-inclusive three-star hotel for one week. That's cheap. Spent 5000 NOK in total, mostly on excursions (like renting a wreck of a car and driving up the Taurus mountains to eat self-caught fish at a remote restaurant!) and boozing! I'll put up pics on facebook once my friend sends me some of his.

I've already planned my next trip, which will be a long "autumn" city weekend with three buddies of mine to Warszaw, Poland in mid November.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor, drop me a line when exactly are you here! I live mere 30 km from there and it's half an hour by train. Could be a tour in the city!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, looks like the apocalypse has passed through.

Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    What a return. biggrin

How was the holiday?

It was great. 2500 NOK for an all-inclusive three-star hotel for one week. That's cheap. Spent 5000 NOK in total, mostly on excursions (like renting a wreck of a car and driving up the Taurus mountains to eat self-caught fish at a remote restaurant!) and boozing! I'll put up pics on facebook once my friend sends me some of his.

I've already planned my next trip, which will be a long "autumn" city weekend with three buddies of mine to Warszaw, Poland in mid November.

cheesy punk

You should meet up with Pawel!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor, drop me a line when exactly are you here! I live mere 30 km from there and it's half an hour by train. Could be a tour in the city!

I'd love to, but I have to ask what my buddies want to do.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Wow - it's a bit dusty in Sydney!

Eerie!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor, drop me a line when exactly are you here! I live mere 30 km from there and it's half an hour by train. Could be a tour in the city!

I'd love to, but I have to ask what my buddies want to do.

OK, drop me a line anyway. I can't drink alcohol for now (still antidepressants), but I can chat!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A bit cooler today with drizzle. Temp is 64.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    The weather has changed and quite rapidly. It is 50 and blustery.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Blue skies. Sunshine.

....but chilly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've not heard the wind whistle for a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cloudy....with chance of meatballs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Low of 38 tonight. As cold as I've experienced in a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Last night I went out for a little while and with the wind gusting from the northwest at 20 mph and the temp around 40 that was cold for me. However, I understand it is just a prelude as to what is coming.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Gray, miserable, sticky rain.

How's the weather in Barcelona now?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Bright sun and some scattered clouds here, moderately hot (about 30 degrees C).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DemonStar wrote
    Bright sun and some scattered clouds here, moderately hot (about 30 degrees C).

How moderate indeed.

After a very long run of nice, sunny weather, it's a bit grey today, even a little rain. As my dad would have said, at least it will fill the peas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Beautiful morning here in Aberdeen. A little chilly but so bright and clear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Beautiful morning here in Aberdeen. A little chilly but so bright and clear.

Same here. Sunny and clear skies, but chilly as hell - only 8 degrees Celsius. I'm contemplating going to the gym for the first time in more than a year, as it's too chilly to run much.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Chilly but clear with a temp of 44 degrees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Chilly but clear with a temp of 44 degrees.

Fahrenheit, I presume? wink That's basically the same temperature we have over here, though. I didn't realize you lived in such a "Norwegian" environment, Tom.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    I would reason that the reason why so many Swedes and Norwegians settled in Minnesota.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I would reason that the reason why so many Swedes and Norwegians settled in Minnesota.
    Thomas

Ah yes....I forgot you had moved to Minnesota! It all makes sense now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And today it is 44 degrees and raining