• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    I'll be smiling Steven when the temperature gets down to 0 and your wearing shorts and a tanktop.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Our forecast has been revised. We'll be getting rain not snow.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009 edited
    Now it's REALLY starting to get cold. Temperature was 0 degrees Celsius tonight. As I always sleep with two windows open (reduced to one in the winter), it was pretty cold inside too. 6-7 degrees, perhaps? freezing
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm, being single does have some benefits. I long for the days of being able to sleep with windows open.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Windows open? now i am really scare to sleep with windows open because of the movie The Exorcist. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Hmm, being single does have some benefits. I long for the days of being able to sleep with windows open.

Really? If you're two, it's even MORE a reason to have a window open, lest you both breathe the same air in and out the whole night. Can get pretty stuffy...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

Really? If you're two, it's even MORE a reason to have a window open, lest you both breathe the same air in and out the whole night. Can get pretty stuffy...

You're preaching to the converted. We not only have to have the window closed in summer, but in winter the heating on overnight. I usually wake up in a pool of sweat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

You're preaching to the converted. We not only have to have the window closed in summer, but in winter the heating on overnight. I usually wake up in a pool of sweat.

Wow...well, I guess that's one aspect of your different cultural and "weather" backgrounds (wasn't your wife raised in Kenya?).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    She was not!

Oops, my mistake. Well, blame it on marital differences, then! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

Tell me about it! slant crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Because I live on the 3rd floor I've avoided having to turn on the heat so far. My apartment is 64 degrees even though the outside temperature has averaged somewhere between 35-40. I think the insulation factor is pretty good. In San Diego there could be as little as 5 degrees difference between the outside/inside temperature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    We're back to the cold weather with the penetrating rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Same here. The whole week.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Same here too!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009 edited
    No rain yet, but pretty cold, yes. I think it has pretty much settled at 5-7 degrees Celsius during the height of the day and slightly below zero at night.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    sdtom wrote

Actually, 50 F is just about nice weather. The real cold is much later. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Rain. Cold. Lots of outdoor time today. No umbrella. Only a light jacket. Hence, wet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    BhelPuri wrote
    sdtom wrote

Actually, 50 F is just about nice weather. The real cold is much later. wink

It was cold enough
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    Rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Rain for the past three days. It ends tonight apparently.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    So have we but it's showing no sign of stopping. I was supposed to be going on a field trip on Saturday but it's been cancelled due to expected further rain and strong winds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, see, that's why I'm not participating in this thread any more.
    IUt just makes me incredibly sad and nostalgic. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    *sigh* It's a tough life sometimes eh Martijn!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited
    You ain't kidding, man.
    You ain't kidding.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nice photos, big man.

I hope you've got some good ones to share in the Photo of the Day thread.

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER - THERE IS A STRICT ONE PHOTO PER DAY LIMIT.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    You ain't kidding, man.
    You ain't kidding.

biggrin cool beer

p.s. Any bugs!?? ( and I don't mean the one you brought home with you )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    Cold enough here with the comment that "if you think this is cold, just wait".
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    The forecast is actually talking about one day (tomorrow) this week where the temperature will be 60. This is a heat wave when it has been 35-40.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    Very grey and dull here with the sun trying to break through.