• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    Massive thunderstorm here.
    Oh. No.
    Wait.
    It's fireworks.
    Been going on since 10 AM.

I gather it's gonna rain cats and dogs around midnight.
    Part of me is secretly gloating.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014
    Too cold for human beings today.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014
    -6 this morning.
    Tom
  1. Lots of coverage about the weather on the news. Temperature contrasts in North America fuelling jet stream and leading to all these storms of wind and rain.

A really high "Spring" tide leading to lots of flooding. North Wales coast always seems to be prone to flooding and looking down at the Dee Estuary in front of house it's clear that floods have happened.

Glad that we are a few hundred feet above sea level.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. There's a benefit to living approx 210m above sea level in Sheffield.

I hope none of you are (badly) affected by the weather.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014
    We're looking forward -25 below
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2014 edited
    Is everyone okay in the USA and Canada? Tom, you are quite up north right? I hear about a polar vortex and other Day After Tomorrow-like stuff. I'm sure it's not that bad but minus 40 (celcius) windchill is insane (except if you have fjords to look at).
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2014 edited
    Polar Vortex? It's Doc Doom, he's probably stolen the Silver Surfer's powers..... again rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Bregt wrote
    minus 40 (celcius)

Thanks for clarifying. wink applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2014
    It sounds worse in Fartenheit.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2014
    Still below zero, although a bit warmer today in the sun.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014
    Not much improvement in the weather a mixture of cold and snow.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2014
    The snow is coming down in SPADES here right now, and with -10 C, it's not gonig away anytime soon. I've had to shovel my way out of our building's driveway today. That's a first.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. One cm of snow tonight, that was already getting slushy in the morning and was gone by noon.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2014
    It's like 100 cm here now. Fuck that!
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I'd rather not.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. biggrin applause
  7. It's about 67 here today. The rain brigns warmer temperatures. That'll change tomorrow when the high is 41 with a 100% chance of predicted rain.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. And now I wake up this morning, here in the beautiful city of Zamunda... I mean, Panama City, Florida, and it fucking snowed last night.

I've been here for a little over a decade, on/off, andwe had some light flurries that resembled snow, but this was snow. I'm talking walking on the grass and hearing it crunch like gravel; the ground litterally white in ice balls; my car's body impacted with a hard surface of ince balls; my widnshield caked on with it, with a pile of snow on the wiper blades; icesicles hanging from the roof where I'm at.

It's a Goddamn winter wonderland over here. I had to take pictures to memorialze it.

Of course, the history my country didn't begin with my birth, as some people sem to think it does with them, so I understand this isn't new. In fact, I'm researching and I see the lowest temperatures recorded in Florida were in the late 1800's, with -2 and -19. Yikes. Can you imagine that with wind chill factored in?
    I was living in my car a few years ago when, with wind chill factorered in, it reached about ZERO. I would up some mornings like I was coming out of hibernation, like my body had been shutting down and killing me all night long.

It's also snowed in Florida before. Last year in certain cities, in 1977, and in the 1700's. That's not a full record, mind you.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2014
    I'd love to live in a place like Florida where snowing actually is an EVENT.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Sorry, I've staked claim. ;-)
  10. I assume people in Folrida are not accustomed to driving in snowy weather. Have there been many accidents?
    As in other European countries over here in Germany people are required to put on winter tyres during the cold season.

Stay warm!
    Volker
  11. I don't know. I stopped watching local news probably a decade ago, as it offered nothing and was often littered with incorrect information and political stupidity.

I'm wondering if the roads are iced, particularly on the bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those boneheads who gun it every chance they get, ran into other cars, spun tires, slide into things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2014
    It is so cold here in Minneapolis that on the way to the club this morning I watched my temperature gauge go down instead of the usual up, yikes.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014
    8 inches of snow today
    Tom
  12. My car has de-caked of mini iceballs. Took a few hours of temperatures climbing to 50 degrees, before it melted off and broke in chunks I could pick off.

More importantly, it starts.
  13. Timmer,

half of southern Britain is flooded, storm rages at the coasts. Ar your feet still dry?

Volker
  14. I don't know about Tim but we had a hell of a time of it up here in Bangor yesterday, they closed the bridges to Anglesey and everything. Lucky thing I didn't have any lectures.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer,

half of southern Britain is flooded, storm rages at the coasts. Ar your feet still dry?

Volker

Very dry thank you smile

I live in hilly Bristol, even if it did flood ( which it used to in the lower levels of the city up until the 1960's ) I'm too high up for any flood water.

I have friends in some flooded areas in Somerset and though they're homes aren't affected like some, using transport is very limited. Like Edmund, some areas unaccessable and are un-passable without a boat.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  15. I'm up on a Sheffield hill. Doing alright. Bit windy here like, because I live at the end of the road, overlooking a valley - with the wind picking up serious speeds in said valley.

I do find it "amusing" that, after Somerset has been flooded for weeks, Dave Cameron is suddenly promising shedloads of money.... now that London is getting wet. slant

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube