• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010
    Anthony wrote
    this is mynearliedt nightmof the week.? *bed*

Translate when you are sober please.

Not even Jordi is able to decipher this one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

You have to decipher Jordi first. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

My, damn. I just read what Ant wrote....what was that?!? shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited
    Drunk. And surprisingly this is my earliest night of the week. *bed*

Liquid fun + phone = fail
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited
    I went to the oddest dance party last night.
    The venue was fantastic: a small club right on the beach, and there were ex-hippies, new agers, ravers, and party people of all ages, creeds and colours. And the best selling drink was cleansing fruit extract!

The whole thing started with a VERY touchy-feely warming up (?) that sounded like nothing so much as Wolfman Jack doing one of his fabled love-in radio shows ("feel your body...oh yeah...and that of the person next to you. Love the night away in every way"), which is not my thing! (When i come out and dance it's my experience and the one of thoe I choose to share it with...not that which a balding guru tells me it should be!), so I was ratehr bemusedly sitting around, sipping my rum, wondering whether it was going to be the shortest night out ever...

However it lasted only 45 minutes, and the DJs after that were great.

Ambient ethnic, dance, techno and goa ina n excellent mix, and the crowd went absolutely ape! Seldomly have I experienced such a wonderful, friendly, enthusiastic and warm vibe (without the majority of the population popping E, that is wink ). It was the sunniest, warmest day here, but about three hours in a massive thunderstorm broke, and positively torrential rain poured down. Everyone huddled on the way too small veranda, when I realized...it's only water!

So I set a bit of a trend just continuing in the pouring rain, getting quite a few people to come out and dance as well. Soaking wet in ten seconds.
    Well, with all the ethnic trance and the setting sun in the sea I was already missing Bali terribly, and this rain season-y storm brought me right back. smile The downsideobviously is that I probably smelled like a wet dog the rest of the night...

Got home at around 3-ish.
    Being old and decrepit my poor body is feeling it.
    So today is going to be relatively quiet, with my best friend's birthday as a picknick in the park...with him going all baby-friendly (the party starts at 14:00...14:00...I remember times when we weren't even AWAKE by then), it should be pretty mellow.
    Hope the weather holds...it's looking kinda grey-ish here.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And how is um Dances With Water feeling now?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Slightly chilly.
    Add I brobably hab a gold. <snurfle>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow, sounds like a splendid night, Martijn. I miss the 90's and the rave parties I attended. My damn tinnitus prevents me from having many of them these days, but it's just the kind of night you describe that I long for. Are there a lot of such clubs where you live?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    That must have been awesome Martijn.

Were there also any girls with white tshirts dancing?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Are there a lot of such clubs where you live?

Not too many, I'm afraid.
    These happenings are pretty much ad-hoc and organized by travelling or non-localised event organisations.
    In summer there's a pretty good pick in The Hague and surroundings, but come Spetember it all dies down again.

Bregt wrote
    Were there also any girls with white tshirts dancing?

Just one.
    It was really too dark to see (and I had way too much sweat and rain water pouring in my eyes to pay close attention), but from the few glimpses I got she had nothing to be ashamed off (and was happy to show it) shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010 edited
    Boring night tonight, as I have an important meeting/party tomorrow with the magazine I'm writing for.

So tonight is myself, alone, with a bottle of red wine, some strawberries, Pink Floyd's DIVISION BELL on the stereo and revisiting memories through pictures and facebook. Sounds pretty sad, doesn't it? Well, I guess it is. But I love these kinds of solitary nights once in a while.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Boring night tonight, as I have an important meeting/party tomorrow with the magazine I'm writing for.

So tonight is myself, alone, with a bottle of red wine, some strawberries, Pink Floyd's DIVISION BELL on the stereo and revisiting memories through pictures and facebook. Sounds pretty sad, doesn't it? Well, I guess it is. But I love these kinds of solitary nights once in a while.

Me too sir, me too.

...but not tonight, off I go.

CHEERS beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    New weekend, new possibilities.

Not much party tonight....I'm gonna help a friend to move. But when we're finished, he's serving all the helpers beer and pizza. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    Still not quite recovered from the pneumonia thingie, but I'm gonna take a chance and go to a housewarming party tonight. The only problem now is that I've eaten too much spaghetti. Can hardly squeeze down a beer.... Oof, the problems of Western society nowadays.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    Give it a few hours Thor or you'll bloat out and not enjoy the beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010
    Fuck, I'm dnikt. Again"

Whazzap`? Let's have a dinking competition!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010
    Cool! You dink thirst...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    The only problem now is that I've eaten too much spaghetti. Can hardly squeeze down a beer.... Oof, the problems of Western society nowadays.

Those third world children have no idea of the problems we're facing here on a daily basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    So what have you ladies planned for the evening? Port and biscuits?

I'll be going to a socalled julebord (a type of Christmas party unique for Norway).

christmas_drunk
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What does julebord involve Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    What does julebord involve Thor?

Here's what I wrote on FSM a few years ago:

In Norway, we have a tradition called "julebord" - literally translated as "christmas tables". Almost every institution and community has one (schools, companies, friends, organizations...you name it), and they usually start as early as November. It's called "christmas table" because, well, we sit at tables and eat traditional christmas meals (and continue the party afterwards). I believe it hails back to Medieval times.

It is a source of some controversy because sexual and unwanted mingling between employees may occur under the influence of alcohol (such as the secretary hitting on the boss etc.). Also, this is the one night during the whole year where established husbands and wives with families are allowed some slack and take it all the way out. Not always a pretty sight.

Very viking! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You drink from the skulls of your terrorised victimes? shocked
    Blimey!

Port and biscuits for me, please.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    You drink from the skulls of your terrorised victimes? shocked
    Blimey!

Port and biscuits for me, please.

biggrin and don't forget the cheese.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite so, dear boy. Quite so.

(Although I'm considering imbibing in a little cider brought back from Sussex with the alluring name 'Hellishly Strong' rather than port tonight.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cider eh? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lick

Did you know that my part of the country is famous for it, the amount of different types are nye uncountable, and some of them are truly deadly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I gather that the whole bottom half of England is pretty famous for it...

(When you go into a shop in The Netherlands to buy cider, there's a choice of two. So you know, anything over that already impresses me. I finished the aptly named and most enjoyable 'Rum Rooster' last night. lick christmas_drunk )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HERE is a song to go with your cider biggrin wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    This is it! shocked

Drink op thee ciiiider, drink op thee ciiiiiiider!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Uuurgh, cider. Makes me want to throw up, sorry. Too sour and/or sweet. But maybe I haven't tasted the right one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OneS. The right oneS.

Apparently there's more than two! biggrin drink