• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I quite enjoy cider - it was one of those drinks we were allowed when we were young: that bridge between non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinking that was "allowed" by my parents.

I'd like to try one of those strong cloudy brews that are proper examples of the drink. But usually I have to settle for bottled big name examples out of supermarkets - Bulmers, Merrydown, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Uuurgh, cider. Makes me want to throw up, sorry. Too sour and/or sweet. But maybe I haven't tasted the right one.

There are so soooooooooooo many, I'd bet there's a few that would suit your taste.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    This is it! shocked

Drink op thee ciiiider, drink op thee ciiiiiiider!

I would spill a drop on some unsuspecting stranger first, just to make sure he doesn't dissolve.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I had a test glas on the farm when we went to get it.
    At 10 in the morning.
    So I know it's good.

And I had some warmed, mulled cider.
    And some others I don't remember.

Don't remember too much of anything, come to think of it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can imagine so biggrin dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A stop in my usual youth pub, with lots of Belgian beers, at cheap prices. punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    A stop in my usual youth pub, with lots of Belgian beers, at cheap prices. punk

Sounds painful. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010 edited
    This afternoon we go to the Salon des vins des Vignerons Indépendants (Exhibition for independent wineries) in Lille, France, just across the border. We received an entrance ticket last week at the winery we visited in the Loire region.

Cool. cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Beer and cider and brandy with friends.

crazy <- what my head feels like

Oh yeah, there was some food as well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Beer and cider and brandy with friends.

crazy <- what my head feels like

Oh yeah, there was some food as well.

I wonder which one of us feels worse? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had been hoping ( yesterday I was ) that Anthony would get back to me so that we could possibly have met tonight, I'm glad he didn't now, I feel utterly shit and would make rotten company slant Tonight I'm staying in and watching a movie with Mel, hopefully I'll feel like eating later but at the moment all I can do is drink copious amounts of tea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010 edited
    So...what are everyone's New Year's plans?

I'll be having a turkey dinner with a couple of friends, way out of town (by train), then we'll head downtown before midnight to catch the fireworks there, before we'll end up in this huge party (more than 100 is expected to arrive) nearby. I'm not going to bother you with all my health issues once again, but I promise to stay the course for as long as I can! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  2. This is my first New Year's in England, I always spend it at home in Northern Ireland (And usually in the same bar in Belfast) but I had a flight booked back to Bristol yesterday as I was meant to fly out on a 3 week job today which has now evaporated so I thought I might as well come back over early for a change. Me and a bunch of others from Bristol are heading down to the coastal surfing village of Woolacombe in Devon, apparantly the whole village dresses up and if the weather holds out should be a bunch of beach bonfires. I usually hate trying to come up with fancy dress costumes but I'm going as Spock, it seemed logical...

Happy New Year to everyone!
  3. I usually have a quiet Hogmanay, seeing in the new year with Anne. We have Jools Holland on in the background - though I usually flick over to see what's happening on Scottish Television just before the bells.

The whisky and shortbread will be out - maybe even some madeira cake also.

Once the new year is in then we'll phone our parents and watch all the fireworks being let off over the Dee Estuary on the Wirral.

Nice and relaxing...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010
    John Chambers wrote
    This is my first New Year's in England, I always spend it at home in Northern Ireland (And usually in the same bar in Belfast) but I had a flight booked back to Bristol yesterday as I was meant to fly out on a 3 week job today which has now evaporated so I thought I might as well come back over early for a change. Me and a bunch of others from Bristol are heading down to the coastal surfing village of Woolacombe in Devon, apparantly the whole village dresses up and if the weather holds out should be a bunch of beach bonfires. I usually hate trying to come up with fancy dress costumes but I'm going as Spock, it seemed logical...

Happy New Year to everyone!

Sounds excellent! punk

I'll be going out later this evening and meeting up with friends, we'll probably hit a few pubs, nothing special really but it should be good fun.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What is everyone else up to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I'm stayin home. Not in the mood to go out, honestly.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    home with fiancee her parents my parents and the fireplace. Bliss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    I'm stayin home. Not in the mood to go out, honestly.

shocked

Have a good night anyway beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    home with fiancee her parents my parents and the fireplace. Bliss

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Off out now, laterz beer
  4. Staying here with my parents.

I never was a huge party animal, in fact I was never particularly social, but not getting invited anywhere did hurt a bit biggrin .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Studying for my professional exam, performance measurement tonight.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm having the quietest New Years in a long time and am staying in playing Uncharted on the shiny new PS3. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    Back.

A nice night but nothing special.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011 edited
    Back again for a moment, I'll be the first to say...

fireworks beer HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! beer fireworks

Health, wealth and happiness! beer
  5. Happy New Year!
  6. And here are my wishes from the blog smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!
  7. happy new year guys and girls, may all our dreams come true beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh