• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Ooh! Little MT gathering? Is John (Chambers) coming too?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Off to Bristol tonight for the weekend. Timmer, will I see you there? wink

Crumbs! How long have you known you were coming to Bristol Ant?, this is short notice and I've already made plans for tonight.

What are you here for and how long are you staying?
    ^
    much more entertaining if you read that in a comedy Nazi voice wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Meeting up with one of my oldest friends tonight, Baz doesn't live in Bristol anymore but is here to see Motorhead who are playing tonight, we'll meet at a pub and he's staying at mine for the night, I've got plenty of beer in so I expect we'll be up until some god earthly hour cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    Wandered home in the freezing cold at 5 in the morning after the julebord yesterday. Beer, aquavit, good food and beautiful women is a pretty nice mix, though.

I'm pretty much finito today, but I have to gear up for another party tonight - a 5x30 year birthday party.

Ugh. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
  1. You are indeed a party animal!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Meeting up with one of my oldest friends tonight, Baz doesn't live in Bristol anymore but is here to see Motorhead who are playing tonight, we'll meet at a pub and he's staying at mine for the night, I've got plenty of beer in so I expect we'll be up until some god earthly hour cool beer

shocked
    How was the show?
    Did you go anyway?

Thor wrote
    I'm pretty much finito today, but I have to gear up for another party tonight - a 5x30 year birthday party.

Ugh. dizzy

A 150 year old? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No, I didn't go Martijn, I met up with Baz after the gig which he told me was really good, though he did say they're not as loud as they used to be. wink

Anyway, it was well gone daylight by the time I went to bed and I've only been up and awake for the last half hour shocked ....I feel fookin' awful. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    I'm only just starting to feel okay, boy did I over do it last night.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    Feel great! Went to the pub, drank orange juice, entered a pool contest, seriously kicked arse! cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    beer < orange juice
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    beer < orange juice

Ant, what were you doing in Bristol for the weekend?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Drinking. vomit

A 4am finish followed by a 5.30am finish the next day is not the best I've felt.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Drinking. vomit

A 4am finish followed by a 5.30am finish the next day is not the best I've felt.

Ouch! You n' me both. I had commitments on Friday night but I had been hoping to meet up with you on Saturday, however, I got so seriously shit faced into the wee small hours of Saturday morning that any meeting just wouldn't have happened..........hence a night on the oranje juice yesterday. wink

p.s. Where did you go in Bristol?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    We went down to the old docks on Saturday afternoon to look around and came across the old railway track that went along the river.

We (well, "I" decided and therefore dragged my mates) walked down the entire line which was probably a couple of miles, and got us near enough the Clifton bridge for me to convince them to walk up to it.

We got to the observatory at about 5pm and the guy in there nicely let us down into the cave for free if we told the people already down there it was closing.

Afterwards we went to the huge modern shopping complex (don't know the name) for some food and discovered an AWESOME ice cream parlor that did the nicest strawberry gateau I've ever eaten. lick

Bars and clubs included Mr Wolf's, The Bank, and one next to The Grand hotel which served warm cider.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Warm cider!?? shocked freezing vomit

The observitory and the caves? I haven't been there for decades but thinking on it I wish I'd taken Bregt and the rest of the gang when they were here a couple of years ago to them.....and we were litterally only a few meters away.

The shopping complex is called Cabot Circus, it's crap, not a single soundtrack store to be seen slant wink ....I know the ice-cream place you're talking of but have yet to try it, sounds like a MUST.

We've talked about Mr Wolf's before, was there a band playing? A good friend of mine, a very pretty South African girl called Julie plays there regularly. As for The Bank, I've drank there occasionally, it's very close to my watering hole areas. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Warm mulled cider is great.
    Very wintery and lovely.
    I partook greatly when I was in Sussex.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Warm mulled cider is great.
    Very wintery and lovely.
    I partook greatly when I was in Sussex.

You're right! I was being a bit dim and thinking of cold cider that has gone warm from being left too long. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    A f%#¤"%ng cold won't prevent me from going to a housewarming party in an hour. I'll take it a bit easy, though, coz your immune system doesn't exactly welcome alcohol with open arms when it's struggling with a virus.

Damn this country! Why am I not on an exotic beach in Southeast Asia somewhere, enjoying umbrella drinks and hulahula girls?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    A f%#¤"%ng cold won't prevent me from going to a housewarming party in an hour.

Nothing can prevent you from going to a party. NOTHING wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote

Speaks words of wisdom does the Spaniard. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    DRUUUUUUUUUNJK! It' s 5 o'clok. I'm home. Sick and druink at the same time. sCREW YOU ALL!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote

Speaks words of wisdom does the Spaniard. biggrin

Thor wrote
    DRUUUUUUUUUNJK! It' s 5 o'clok. I'm home. Sick and druink at the same time. sCREW YOU ALL!

biggrin

Like I said.....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited
    shame

At least I can comfort myself by the fact that these posts of mine have become so commonplace by now that nobody cares anymore! :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited
    yeah biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah nice stuff!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010 edited
    Just flipped open the first beer of the night, a classic Danish Christmas beer, while I get ready for the third Christmas party of the season:

http://iberge.net/wp-content/Test-2010-7.jpg

Listening to Infected Mushroom on the stereo, all dressed up in my suit and trying to ignore my damn tinnitus.

Will try to steer clear of Maintitles when I get home tonight.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    What? And ruin our fun??
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    What? And ruin our fun??

No, that's right. How could I do that?

Have you ever experienced an evening when you're gearing up for a party, expecting the board(s) to thrive with activity and party mood, but then it's just the sound of crickets and random collector issues?

COME ON, LET'S HAVE SOME PARTY MOOD HERE!

*insert trance beat*

punk
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    *more crickets*
    I am extremely serious.