• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    I'm still awake and I haven't had a beer since last Sunday slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

You are not Tim. Bring Tim back! angry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Now that's just crazy talk.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

You are not Tim. Bring Tim back! angry

I'm starting to feel better, next week I'll be back and giving it large! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Now that's just crazy talk.

Tis indeed! beer <--coffee
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011
    I'm going out tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks, off to a pub where we'll take part in a quiz, a normal pub quiz, general knowledge and all that.
  1. Timmer wrote
    I'm going out tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks, off to a pub where we'll take part in a quiz, a normal pub quiz, general knowledge and all that.

good for you, I love quizzes smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too! I hope we'll win punk
  2. Timmer wrote
    Me too! I hope we'll win punk

if not, it's always a fun time to be amongst friends and have loads of fun smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's the most important part but it'll still be nice to win. I'll let you know the result.
  3. Timmer wrote
    That's the most important part but it'll still be nice to win. I'll let you know the result.

okay beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

About bloody time!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Timmer wrote

I loved the one I took part in when I was in London. Great fun and I hope to repeat the experience.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote

I'm not going out as much these days since I'm trying my best to save as much money as I can for my summer getaway. Though, I must admit, working in a restaurant as a bartender does have it's benefits - there is no fucking way I am going to pour "expired" wine down the sink after every shift. Nothing gets the zips on my bag open quicker.

In fact I'm drinking a bottle right now. Tastes perfectly fine to me!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm not going out as much these days since I'm trying my best to save as much money as I can for my summer getaway. Though, I must admit, working in a restaurant as a bartender does have it's benefits - there is no fucking way I am going to pour "expired" wine down the sink after every shift. Nothing gets the zips on my bag open quicker.

punk biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

okay beer

Came 3rd slant ....by one and a half points! cry

We did brilliantly except for two rounds, one of which was obscure word meanings where you got given a word and three choices as to what it meant and another round where you got given five famous writers ( Wordsworth, Twain, Burns, Coleridge, Dickens ) and had to match the famous quote to the writer.....we got ZERO points in both those rounds ( we guessed, wrongly obviously rolleyes every single one ), if we could have struck lucky on just two of them we would have won. sad

18 teams.

Team that came 1st had seven players.

Team that came 2nd had eight players

Our team had five players but there was no prize for 3rd angry

Such is life but we did have a great time cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

punk biggrin beer

I'm serious though. I see so much going to waste (food as well - which is why I always have some cling-film ready cool ).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    Off out tonight though I'll still take it a bit easy.

Cheers guys beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011
    Just returned from a party (as I've already mentioned in the Now Playing thread). Had a nice time and now I'm off to bed! Goodninght ladies and gents! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

okay beer

We did brilliantly except for two rounds, one of which was obscure word meanings where you got given a word and three choices as to what it meant and another round where you got given five famous writers ( Wordsworth, Twain, Burns, Coleridge, Dickens ) and had to match the famous quote to the writer.....we got ZERO points in both those rounds ( we guessed, wrongly obviously rolleyes every single one ), if we could have struck lucky on just two of them we would have won. sad

18 teams.

no prize, not even a bronze Pint?

as long as you had fun
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2011
    Nah! Only 1st and 2nd place get money prizes.

There IS a prize for coming second to last, a bottle of house wine, making it a second to last prize stops anyone from trying 'we're crap, lets lose and win a bottle of wine' tactics.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Nah! Only 1st and 2nd place get money prizes.

There IS a prize for coming second to last, a bottle of house wine, making it a second to last prize stops anyone from trying 'we're crap, lets lose and win a bottle of wine' tactics.

wow, we never had quizzes for money. Always a bottle of beer or something in that vein, but never money
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2011 edited
    I haven't taken part in any pub quiz in any pub that hasn't had a cash prize in it's No.1 spot, I have known prizes of beer, T-shirts and Mugs for runners up.

Perhaps it's something to do with the law in your country Thomas?
  7. Timmer wrote
    I haven't taken part in any pub quiz in any pub that hasn't had a cash prize in it's No.1 spot, I have known prizes of beer, T-shirts and Mugs for runners up.

Perhaps it's something to do with the law in your country Thomas?

perhaps, I should look into that
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

okay beer

18 teams.

Well, last night me and my same team took part in the same pub quiz at the same pub ( apparantly it's a regular Thursday night thing ), it was just as packed as last week but this time we did better...

We came 1st punk biggrin

A full 9 points ahead of 2nd tongue cheesy

The 'QUOTES' round suited us better this time, having to put names to quotes from famous politicians, Lincoln, Churchill, etc, I was also very pleased to see a John Barry question come up, albeit very easy for me ( who won an Oscar for best score to Out of Africa ), turns out the quiz master was a bit of a John Barry fan and even told me he spent the day playing his scores when he heard the sad news.
  8. so, you got paid now smile , very good my boy wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    Thank you kindly sir! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011
    A friends birthday tonight, celebrated at a pub.....BEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pub tonight for me too. First Saturday I've done something since I can remember!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YAYYYY for Ant! punk beer