• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    The Beyondness of Things - John Barry

What beautiful Sunday evening listening.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William wrote
    NP: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - John Williams

Excellent score, though the OST really doesn't do it justice.

Agreed. This is one you need to hear in the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Afrika Wataru Hokoyama

Addicted. I had the theme stuck in my head all friggin night last night... slant

Great! I'm glad I'm waiting for this then. smile

Just heard this! OMG! Fantastic theme!

Where can I order this from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008 edited
    NP: Meet Dave, John Debney
    Letting that one seep in a bit more. I think there's some good stuff in there.

[Edit]: I was right! "Dave's System Check" is already worth checking out to this score, by itself!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Atham wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Afrika Wataru Hokoyama

Addicted. I had the theme stuck in my head all friggin night last night... slant

This seems to be one of the only places.

Fast shipping too. My copy came from Japan to the UK in about 3 days. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    NP: Whisper Of The Heart - Yuji Nomi

I play this very often. So beautiful, emotional, and sensitive...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Over The Hedge - Harry's brother tongue

Short but fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing: Horton Hears a who (Powell)

Becoming one of my favouritie Powell scores ( along with Happy feet)

The thematic presentacion is not so clever than his previous scores, but there is a lot of energy, imagination and themes here. "horton theme" is pretty good, and the "kangoor theme" very, very good.

The first 3 tracks makes a great Overture!!!!

NP:Medicine Man

there are 3 parts in this score:

1- The ultra positive south american ryhtms: annoying when you are not in this very specific Godlsmith mood.
    2-The romantic stuff: Gorgeous
    3-The total Recall Dark stuff: Cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008 edited
    NP: Meet Joe Black - Thomas Newman

shocked

I only know 5 of his works so far, but he's really becoming my another favorite composer...

10 minutes of finale That Next Place is fantastic! I love the main theme. I reminds me a bit of Nemo theme, but it's used more than in Nemo.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The Beyondness of Things - John Barry

What beautiful Sunday evening listening.

Very tempting but I gotta sleep now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Anthony wrote
    Atham wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Afrika Wataru Hokoyama

This seems to be one of the only places.

Fast shipping too. My copy came from Japan to the UK in about 3 days. smile

Thankyou!

But man it's pricey in Australian dollars!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Little Women - Thomas Newman

Not snowing, but it's cold here today. This score has wintery feel...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote

shocked

I only know 5 of his works so far, but he's really becoming my another favorite composer...

10 minutes of finale That Next Place is fantastic! I love the main theme. I reminds me a bit of Nemo theme, but it's used more than in Nemo.

Meet Joe Black is a personal favorite of mine. What about ROAD TO PERDITION? Have you discovered that yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edward Shearmur's PASSENGERS

Quite a nice mixing of K-PAX, Thomas Newman-isms and my personal favorite JNH-esque emotional ride in "Epiphany". Not something that stands out in particularly original ways but it's sentimental enough to keep you rolling if you're into his writing for K-pax. Could have been better though, judging from who it comes from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Miya wrote

shocked

Meet Joe Black is a personal favorite of mine. What about ROAD TO PERDITION? Have you discovered that yet?

I saw the movie (it was great), and the score was also fantastic... but I don't have the album yet. It's not in the rental store/local library near my home (thanks to those places I can "get" many scores tongue ), so I'll buy it next time I get some money wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Alexander Desplat

Very delicate, tender and soft spoken music. Something to listen to when you want to go sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    NP: Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Alexander Desplat

Very delicate, tender and soft spoken music. Something to listen to when you want to go sleep.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I have an idea! Newman and Desplan Joins to create "music for your Dreamz".Wow!

NP:MOH (Giacchino)

Defintley not music to go to sleep!

What a thematic, rich and energic score! I even notice giacchino voice more than in the past!

"Menker's mine" and the "nazi's theme" rocks!
  1. NP: Curious Case of Benjamin Button ([b]Desplat)[/b]

Turns out a top 5 of scores may be possible this year after all. This makes the fifth interesting score I've heard this year! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The other 4 being?
  2. Let the guessing game begin...

(Actually, there may not be four others, but it doesn't feel like there've been many!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    All of them with composers' names I can't pronounce.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I also struggle to pronounce Djawadi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I listened to one of his scores once.
  3. And you're still alive? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Who knows what a second listen would have done...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Michael, i've fell in love with the opening of Curious Case of Benjamin Button, "postcards". Reminds me of Birth indeed; i am sold, i am going to preorder now! What are your favorite tracks?

Is there a way to save the streaming from http://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/ba … ore/score1 to the hard disk? Or find them in a temporary internet files' folder or something?
  4. At the moment, the really good ones seem to me to be STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (Elfman), NIGHT (Scubi... I don't even know how to spell it, actually), JOSHUA (Muhly), WALL-E (Newman), MERCENARIES 2 (Tilton), 'Roar!' (Giacchino), THE HAPPENING (Newton Howard). I would love to count DAYBREAKERS (Gordon) on that list too, as the music is magnificent*, but whoever is releasing the film decided to hold onto it long past its intended September release date.

Williams' INDY score, Danny's WANTED, Arnold's QUANTUM OF SOLACE, Talgorn's ASTERIX AT THE OLYMPICS, and Horner's BOY IN STRIPED PYJAMAS also jumped off the page.

Disappointments? Maybe REVOLUTIONARY ROAD. I didn't know what to expect, but it is a bit familiar.

* Don't ask, I don't have. I was allowed to listen to it once.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Michael, i've fell in love with the opening of Curious Case of Benjamin Button, "postcards". Reminds me of Birth indeed; i am sold, i am going to preorder now! What are your favorite tracks?

Is there a way to save the streaming from http://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/ba … ore/score1 to the hard disk? Or find them in a temporary internet files' folder or something?

I don't know.

'A New Life' and 'Mr Gateau' both made me look up to see what track was playing.
    Also 'Alone at Night' and 'It was nice to have met you'.
  6. "Due South"
    John McCarthy, Jay Semko, & Jack Lenz

Four or five tracks from the John McCarthy promo. About two of them were on the commercial release, but these promo versions are slightly different, and longer.

I LOVE this music. For those who have not seen this wonderful TV show, the music is mostly guitar, cymbol, drums, and various instruments as needed. It's a small emsamble and but good stuff nonetheless.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote

Watch this video and use CDex or similar audio programs to record sound of your computer, while your microphone is signaled on the computer signal. Works like a charm!

http://youtube.jimmyr.com/tutorials/zg3vs7oh32s.php
    Kazoo