• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    ...will be hosted by Hugh Jackman.

From IMDB:

"And the hosting honor goes to … Hugh Jackman. People's reigning Sexiest Man Alive has been chosen to host the 81st annual Academy Awards ceremony, to take place Feb. 22 The Australia star, 40, who'll be hosting the Oscars for the first time, was selected "because we want the ceremony to be fun," says Laurence Mark, producer of the telecast. "He can hold the screen and he can hold a stage. It doesn't hurt that he looks amazing in a tuxedo and he's the Sexiest Man Alive." Jackman won an Emmy in 2005 for hosting the 59th annual Tony Awards in 2004. He was also nominated as host of the Tonys in 2005. ABC will broadcast the Oscar ceremony live from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles on Feb. 22."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm sure whoever wins Best Original Score, I'll bloody deserve it more than they do... not that I'm awesome or anything, just the Oscars fail. Epically. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Jackman won an Emmy in 2005 for hosting the 59th annual Tony Awards in 2004.

...that's a joke, right?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008 edited
    shocked

How can you win another award for presenting awards?

Edit: I think they are wrong. It looks like he was nominated for a Tony award the following year for doing it.

And Steven, relax man! Giacchino will be there! We are safe. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Will Bill Conti be there?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008 edited
    I don't know...but Giacchino is musical director now, so we are in good, no, better) hands than ever before. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008
    Who needs Conti when you have the man wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    I doubt that I'll watch it
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    Oscar Watch

Film composers aren't exactly the most social creatures in Hollywood. But when five of this year's Oscar front-runners -- A.R. Rahman (Fox Searchlight's "Slumdog Millionaire"), Howard Shore (Miramax's "Doubt"), Danny Elfman (Focus Features' "Milk"), Alexandre Desplat (Paramount's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button") and Jan Kaczmarek (Overture's "The Visitor") -- sat down recently with The Hollywood Reporter's Kevin Cassidy, they seized the opportunity for a frank, passionate discussion of the past, present and future of film music

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … 1de8e?pn=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What does that mean? Most probable to get oscar-nominated for this year, for these works? Or have they been already nominated and i've been sleeping in a box! shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Wow, this was one of the funniest interviews with composers I ever read, for many reasons.

Many thanks for sharing it with us!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I hope Zimmer and Howard will be nominated and they Win.

It could be very funny, a score wich is basically one note all around (in the movie)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I don't know...but Giacchino is musical director now, so we are in good, no, better) hands than ever before. cool

I thought Conti did magnificent work at the Oscars. It's great to see Michael taking over but Conti was no slouch.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

I thought Conti did magnificent work at the Oscars. It's great to see Michael taking over but Conti was no slouch.

-Erik-

Well said.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've learned not to get excited about them anymore
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I'm not saying he was, and I am sure he did a wonderful job, but with Giacchino in the front seat now though I couldn't possibly be happier. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I'm not saying he was, and I am sure he did a wonderful job, but with Giacchino in the front seat now though I couldn't possibly be happier. smile

...and how much time and effort did you put into your John Powell website? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ..a bucket load..several bucket loads..and guess what..not a single ounce of support and 1 promo CD..thanks fate! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Did Powell ever have anything to say about the website?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "..."

I think "Thanks" but that was about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    That's it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oscars schmoscars!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    sdtom wrote
    That's it?

That's it.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    BhelPuri wrote
    Oscar Watch

Film composers aren't exactly the most social creatures in Hollywood. But when five of this year's Oscar front-runners -- A.R. Rahman (Fox Searchlight's "Slumdog Millionaire"), Howard Shore (Miramax's "Doubt"), Danny Elfman (Focus Features' "Milk"), Alexandre Desplat (Paramount's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button") and Jan Kaczmarek (Overture's "The Visitor") -- sat down recently with The Hollywood Reporter's Kevin Cassidy, they seized the opportunity for a frank, passionate discussion of the past, present and future of film music

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … 1de8e?pn=1

Excellent interview. Howard Shore is quite witty and has insightful comments and suggestions about the whole business. Thanks for sharing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sorry Anthony
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    confused
  2. For no hearing thanks from Powell perhaps?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Anthony wrote
    and guess what..not a single ounce of support and 1 promo CD..thanks fate! rolleyes

Do other film composer fan-sites (not made by someone from the industry) get any support in general?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    Anthony wrote
    and guess what..not a single ounce of support and 1 promo CD..thanks fate! rolleyes

Do other film composer fan-sites (not made by someone from the industry) get any support in general?

It depends who you contact. Sometimes the composer him or herself isn't the right person to contact if you are trying to get promotional material. Usually you get the most support from a PR agency or a record label.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!