• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    You're absolutely right there Martijn, the lingo often loses me but at the same time I'm glad they haven't toned it down into film friendly patwa.

The series is a definite grower, I really wasn't sure about it after the first season ( which wasn't helped by the ridiculous hyperbolic claims of it being 'the best TV show ever made' ) but I eventually really got into it and it's an unmissable for me now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good to hear you have the same experience.
    After one season I can definitely see the potential, but as said: I'm certainly not hooked yet. But with that recommendation I have no concerns getting the rest in! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Inglourious Basterds
    The most fun I've had in a movie this year! This is full of style and lots of setpieces. Christoph Waltz gives a fantastic performance as a diabolical, suave and witty colonel- Hans Landa.
    There's some homage to Hitchcock with long scenes played out with an incredible amount of tension. There's a nod to Leone's western and, of course, Morricone's music.
    Go watch it!

punk
  1. The leaked-before-air "Dexter" season 4 premiere. Just finished it, and it's good.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Last night I watched a movie with my son for the very first time. From start to finished he sat there and marveled at the genius that is... Toy Story 2. Sure, I wanted his first movie to be Raiders but there were enough Indy gags in the movie to satisfy me... and of course the boy! It was a great night!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Both the Toy Story films are FAN-TAS-TIC, a real delight to watch. I hope the third one will be as good too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote
    Inglourious Basterds
    The most fun I've had in a movie this year! This is full of style and lots of setpieces. Christoph Waltz gives a fantastic performance as a diabolical, suave and witty colonel- Hans Landa.
    There's some homage to Hitchcock with long scenes played out with an incredible amount of tension. There's a nod to Leone's western and, of course, Morricone's music.
    Go watch it!

punk

I agree, that was a cool movie. The opening scene (of like about 15 minutes) is soo tense and terrifying!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Inglourious Basterds
    Go watch it!

punk

I agree, that was a cool movie. The opening scene (of like about 15 minutes) is soo tense and terrifying!

I want to see this, but all I remember Tarantino for is stupid amounts of gore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    RV: Eagle Eye

Another first viewing. Pretty good film! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It will be a FuManchu film with Christopher Lee for me tonight. All of my DVD's have not yet arrived from SD.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheesy and miscast but those Fu Manchu Chris Lee films are great fun.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I enjoy Mr. Lee
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    Indeed! Highly watchable. The man has real screen presense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I watched again Live free or Die Hard

Ok, it is more near to 24 than a Die Hard film but this movie is fucking COOL!.

Len wiseman did a really great job giving a great dosis of energy to the set pieces, and mixing the classical shoots with some Michael Bay postcards shoots.

The stunts are terrific, the CGI are great.... And Bruce Willis in top form (Why He and Harrison Ford needs to reprise roles like this to put some expression to his faces? )

a fantatic action movie. I want more like this, and less than tranformers 2!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "That's enough of this kung fu shit!"

*smack*

I Love that film as well. I hoped season 7 of 24 would be more like it (especially because they both focused around attacking the country's infrastructure). But limited budgets suck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I'll check out The West Wing as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Anyone here follow THE WIRE? BBC 2 have been showing the whole series ( on season 5 now which is the last of it ) and I am totally hooked.

I've been watching it (up to the end of season three so far - have recorded the rest). I struggle to keep up with it sometimes, and remember who everyone is, but it IS very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Last night I watched a movie with my son for the very first time. From start to finished he sat there and marveled at the genius that is... Toy Story 2. Sure, I wanted his first movie to be Raiders but there were enough Indy gags in the movie to satisfy me... and of course the boy! It was a great night!

-Erik-

Great experience for you I'm sure. I remember seeing it at the cinema, with a lot of young kids also in the audience, and they sat there in virtual silence throughout. Wonderful film - I know lots of them claim to "appeal to the whole family", but this one truly does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Inglourious Basterds
    Christoph Waltz gives a fantastic performance as a diabolical, suave and witty colonel- Hans Landa.
    Go watch it!

punk

I've heard so much good about this Hans Landa, anyway my brother and me are going to watch it this saturday, I'm sure we will have most fun excellent time cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Inglourious Basterds
    Go watch it!

punk

I want to see this, but all I remember Tarantino for is stupid amounts of gore.

I will be seeing this soon, for me Tarantino can do nothing wrong. But from what I've heard this turns to be one of his best films so far. A cinematic feast for eyes, ears, and braincells. smile

And stupid amounts of gore???? MMMMMMMMYOWZA !!!!!! lick Bring it on!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Watched "Dances With Wolves" (for a third time). Good movie. I'd say there is about 10 to 15 minutes of score missing from the expanded score CD.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. DWW is a great movie! A truly legendary western that for once isn't about slaughtering indians and heroic cowboys.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    DWW is a great movie! A truly legendary western that for once isn't about slaughtering indians and heroic cowboys.

Poor white shocks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why? What happened to 'White Shocks'? He / she get electricuted!?

As for DWW....poor 'Two Socks' wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Why? What happened to 'White Shocks'? He / she get electricuted!?

It was the wolve!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No shit Columbo.
  6. Timmer wrote
    No shit Columbo.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    No shit Columbo.

lol

No "saves" today? tongue
  7. Exactly ! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Exactly ! cool

then, you are fired!!! angry