• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    The Niehaus / Michael Stevens and Kyle Eastwood scored Letters from Iwo Jima is even worse than Eastwood at his worst. IF that's possible!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Same here, although i did like Space Cowboys too. But he should REALL start hiring real composers for his films, and by that i don't mean Niehaus and Kyle Eastwood.

I quite like Niehaus scores.

His UNFORGIVEN, for me, is a perfect score to a perfect film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Niehaus / Michael Stevens and Kyle Eastwood scored Letters from Iwo Jima is even worse than Eastwood at his worst. IF that's possible!

The Changeling is one of the worst scores I've ever heard.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Same here, although i did like Space Cowboys too. But he should REALL start hiring real composers for his films, and by that i don't mean Niehaus and Kyle Eastwood.

I quite like Niehaus scores.

His UNFORGIVEN, for me, is a perfect score to a perfect film.

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm working on the Night Gallery material for now.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The Changeling is one of the worst scores I've ever heard.

-Erik-

It's pretty bad i'll give you that. Totally unfitting with the on-screen happenings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: Where the Wild Things Are

Just saw it last night in theaters. Pretty good film, though obviously a lot of liberty was taken regarding the storyline in comparison to the original book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    Finally a decent baseball game!!!! Angels 5- Yankees 4.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009 edited
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    After watching the last movie of the franchise, until now, I revisited the second.

What a great combination of adventure, action, comedy, fantasy. Chris Columbus devolopes ver well the mysteri of main argument, with great CGI, it has a great action climax, and even the 3 kids acts better than they do now.

David Yates seems lost into so unnecessary characters and subplots, and He only exposes and never creates te necessary sense of danger o emotion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    Bangkok Hilton
    I have refreshed my memories of this TV miniseries. I remembered that I had liked it about 20 years ago so I bought the DVD and watched it again. And I liked it, again! It's nice to see the young Nicole Kidman and the late Denholm Elliott in this exciting prison drama.
    (The theme music by the young Graeme Revell is also good!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    After watching the last movie of the franchise, until now, I revisited the second.

What a great combination of adventure, action, comedy, fantasy. Chris Columbus devolopes ver well the mysteri of main argument, with great CGI, it has a great action climax, and even the 3 kids acts better than they do now.

David Yates seems lost into so unnecessary characters and subplots, and He only exposes and never creates te necessary sense of danger o emotion.

Hmm. I found the climax of CoS to have the absolute worst animation of the entire series so far, the basilisk looked incredibly fake. I liked Yates' fifth film a lot, haven't seen the latest one yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Hmm. I found the climax of CoS to have the absolute worst animation of the entire series so far, the basilisk looked incredibly fake. I liked Yates' fifth film a lot, haven't seen the latest one yet.

I think Half blood Prince had horrible CGI. From the pathetic destruction of the London bridge to the CGI landscapes.

Half Blood prince was a great dissapointment in every level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It looked pretty good in the trailers. Oh well, I'll reserve judgement till I watch it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited
    Really, if I had to choose what´s the best thing about the Potter movies, it would be the imagery and effects work, and HBP is NO exception to the rule. As a matter of fact, I think especially HBP is hauntingly beautiful to look at.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    I HBP think the blue screen scenarios are too obvious and poor designed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited
    G.I Joe

all what transformers had to be

Stephen Sommers did his best movie since the Mummy (Ok, its's not say much but it's say something dizzy ) .The Mummy 2 and Van Helsing was stupid and sometimes boring.

G.I Joe is a popcorn movie without complications. Sommers put a lot of energy , moving the camera all the time without being confusing, with some quick flashbacks in the middle of the action sequences (a great narrative move). G.I joe was some of the faster 2 hours of my life.

Action, comedy, expensive CGI but with some B series feeling (it's sommers!), friendly cameos (Fraser, the "mummy")...

About the music? Silvestri Shines. Silvestri rocks. I liked the score when I head it , and now with the images I love it even more. It reminds me the times of Ricochet o Predator 2 but with electronics and electric guitars.

PS: The Paris chase is hilarious, terrific.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    Paranormal Activity

Creepy! Never a bedroom had been so scary. Sometimes, the simpler the better. Two actors, no SFX, no visual FX, no music, no monsters, almost no editing. This is The Blair Witch project in a suburban house.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard it's incredibly stupid. Just to add the alternate opinion wink I didn't see it nor do i plan to, the trailer looked just like that; stupid. But i admit i AM curious to find out all the spoilers about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, it´s the perfect example of love it or hate it movie. I personally loved it because I find totally disturbing certain elements of the film that make it a pure horror experience. But I understand the complaints that it uses some resorts that have been overused in horror movies (decreasing its effect in certain people). Only that, IMO, they are used in this movie to produce a deeper impact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    How was the rest of the Sitges film festival Marcel?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    It was great, as always! A lot of people, loads of movie geeks, long walks round the town and good food. Oh, and some movies tongue Specially good were "REC2", "La Horde" and Park Chan Wook´s "Thirst".

Out of curiosity, take a look at this:
    - These are REC and REC2 directors and sweet REC and REC2 actress

-And these are La Horde directors

Find the seven differences.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Predator

Doesn't hold up as well as John McTiernan's other "80s action classic" but it's still fun to watch. I had forgotten how surprisingly camp Arnie can be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marcel, care to pm me what the hell is that thing that haunts their bedroom, what does it want from them and what happens in the end?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Haha, a spoiler PM! Done!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: World Trade Center

An excellent 9/11 film! Very moving, intense, and a true story!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote

Loved it too although when i started watching it, i admit i was biased it's going to be over-the-top cheesy and melodramatic. It's surprisingly mature and thoughtful though. The Craig Armstrong score worked wonders in it as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have it but have put off watching it. I'll give it a go soon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    William wrote

Loved it too although when i started watching it, i admit i was biased it's going to be over-the-top cheesy and melodramatic. It's surprisingly mature and thoughtful though. The Craig Armstrong score worked wonders in it as well.

I agree. I wasn't expecting it to be so realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    I have it but have put off watching it. I'll give it a go soon.

You should; it's great! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's such a heavy subject, I'll have to be in the right mood to watch this.