• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Monty Python - Almost the Truth

Monty Python was an incredible influence on me when I was growing up. I had all the videos, had books of the scripts which I read though and thought about an awful lot. Looking back on it, it was incredibly hit-and-miss, like most comedy, but the good parts really were very good. This documentary, for the fortieth anniversary, was rather similar. There's nothing like analysing comedy to destroy all of its impact, but the reminiscences about the personal relationships were interesting. And it made me want to see the exceptional Life of Brian - such a perceptive deconstruction of religious dogma - again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Hadn't heard of that documentary. Sounds great! Must track it down.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    There should be six episodes according to BBC, so perhaps you just saw the first one? BBC says the episodes will later be released on DVD, so that's good news.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Really? I can only find one. It covered the whole thing (from when it was conceived, up to The Meaning of Life).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    FREE WILLY

This is great children adventure movie. I just enjoyed each and every moment of the film. By the way, what a score by Basil? simply amazing. GREAT MOVIE AND SCORE INDEED!

UNDER SIEGE 2: THE DARK TERRITORY

This is one of my favorite action flick. This is really superb action movie i have ever seen. At present days, i don't see films like this. I am very glad to own this film.

THE EXORCIST: THE HERETIC

This movie is not that much bad as i read reviews about this movie. This one is completely different sequel i have ever seen. Though its not like the original, the movie has its own good elements. First of all, many of us would have thought that what was the necessity for the sequel. But here, filmmakers came out with some new refreshing idea of exorcism, where you don't see Regan (Linda Blair) get possessed by demon Pazuzu. Despite that story revolves around Regan who was disturbed by her own past nightmare incidents. Her unusual thoughts and dreams haunting her, especially by the demon pazuzu, so, Father ( Richard Burton - did a fantastic job) helps her out to relieve from that wild dreams and thoughts connected to the demon Pazuzu. This movie is more pyschological thriller than horror. This is the reason why people didn't like this movie, because people's expectation was high and they thought it would be like another Exorcist movie. Eventually, they were disappointed. However, i appreciate the filmmakers for giving this kind of different pyschological horror flick. I strongly disagree with many people saying that this one is worst sequel ever made. Each and every cast members did excellent Job.

To talk about score by Ennio Morricone, his score for this movie was quite awesome and very haunting. I liked the theme music, which you can hear through out the movie and also in end credits. Good score by Ennio Morricone.

Overall, it is good movie and worth watching.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    I just watched The Graham Norton Show. That's right, The Graham Norton Show. Just in case you didn't get that... it's The Graham Norton Show.

shame

Yeah, anyway... just because David Mitchell and Robert Webb were guest - I love those guys. Plus, Anna Paquin's really quite hot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Incredibles weaker than Cars. Good one. biggrin

The Incredibles is the only one that doesn't really feel like a Pixar film to me. Just didn't get the magic from it. Cars is "classic Pixar" (even though it's the weakest of that category).

I see what you mean. A great film, but I suppose it hasn't got that magic or charm that the other Pixar films have. It has its own charm for sure, but not the sort we usually get from Pixar. I think that's a good thing though, it keeps things 'fresh' as they say.

Watched a South Bank Show about Pixar the other day and John Lasseter essentially said the same thing as you. They were worried about getting stale, so brought Brad Bird in and just told him to do whatever he wanted. Nice documentary - most of it was an interview with Lasseter but they also had sequences with all the other people who have directed Pixar films. The drive for quality is obvious from all of them.

There was also a little segment on the forthcoming Disney hand-drawn The Princess and the Frog, which looks very good. Lasseter said they were aiming for a look which is a bit like Lady and the Tramp, which (embarrassing though it may be for a 31-year-old male to say) for me represents the pinnacle of aniimated filmmaking, so I'm pleased with that. The clips looked great, and the excerpts from Randy Newman's songs sounded great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    The Incredibles weaker than Cars.

I liked the movie The Incredibles. It has lot of good fun moments. Though its not great, but its really worth to watch and good entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    The Incredibles weaker than Cars.

I liked the movie The Incredibles. It has lot of good fun moments. Though its not great, but its really worth to watch and good entertainment.

1) Use the quote function
    2) It wasn't a statement, it was a flippant reply to Southall's list
    3) The Incredibles IS a great film
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    I just watched The Graham Norton Show. That's right, The Graham Norton Show. Just in case you didn't get that... it's The Graham Norton Show.

shame

Yeah, anyway... just because David Mitchell and Robert Webb were guest - I love those guys. Plus, Anna Paquin's really quite hot.

Me too! Far better than Jonathan Woss's stale old rubbish. And yeah, Anna Paquin IS hot. love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I obtained (8) DVD's of Night Gallery, the old Rod Serling TV series which I watched last night. He was such a good writer.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote
    THE EXORCIST: THE HERETIC

To talk about score by Ennio Morricone, his score for this movie was quite awesome and very haunting. I liked the theme music, which you can hear through out the movie and also in end credits.

And so did director Ram Gopal Varma! And he got Sandeep Chowta to rip it off and give this monstrosity-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_UrzC1U_s
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    OMG! i couldn't believe it. Thanks for sharing, my friend! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

Sorry! there is no "quote" button in my PC. I have no other option to do that.
  1. Sunil wrote

Sorry! there is no "quote" button in my PC. I have no other option to do that.

It's not in your PC.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    What i meant was that not in old Mozilla version. I am using old Mozilla browser. That's the only problem. Is that clear?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote
    What i meant was that not in old Mozilla version. I am using old Mozilla browser. That's the only problem. Is that clear?

Your problem still persists? Can you post a screenshot of how your page looks? Just take a screenshot of this thread (when you are logged in) and post it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Actually, Bregt told me that unless and until, i install new version of Mozilla firebox, i will not get back the buttons. Oops! we are going off topic on this thread, Bhel Puri, i think Tom will not like this. biggrin
  2. Don't worry Tom doesn't like the quote function either. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote

You should see a quote button, a permalink button and a 'send personal message' button in the top right hand corner of each post:

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3269/picture1i.jpg

If you don't, download the new version of Firefox. If you do see them, download the new Firefox anyway.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Currently in the cinema waiting for Up to start. Such a film warrants a second viewing within a week!
  3. Anthony wrote
    Currently in the cinema waiting for Up to start. Such a film warrants a second viewing within a week!

I'm way behind the times! Don't you need to be at home in front of a computer to post? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Phone! =]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    Anthony wrote

Just saw it, absolutely brilliant! I don't want to watch it again though, I'd rather savour it for the blu-ray. Such a film warrants it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote

shame

Me too! Far better than Jonathan Woss's stale old rubbish. And yeah, Anna Paquin IS hot. love

Speaking of which, I finally caught up with the first two episodes of True Blood, pretty good and I'll follow it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    ou should see a quote button, a permalink button and a 'send personal message' button in the top right hand corner of each post:

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3269/picture1i.jpg

If you don't, download the new version of Firefox. If you do see them, download the new Firefox anyway.

Oh! i know that, Steven, but its not here in my PC. However, thank you for your suggestion. wink smile
  4. Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just saw it, absolutely brilliant! I don't want to watch it again though, I'd rather savour it for the blu-ray. Such a film warrants it.

You know Up is a movie I have absolutely no problem to buy without seeing it in the theatre. To see it in the comfort of my home cinema is the better option for me. I don't like going to the (expensive) cinema anymore like I used to. Besides blu-ray is already way better than the quality you get in the cinema.

3D is now the only reason anymore to make a trip towards the nearest cineplex, as far as I'm concerned.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I always become sad when I read about how the younger generation neglects the cinema experience. It's probably because I grew up going to the cinema almost every week. And although I have a very good home cinema system, I still prefer going to the cinema. Movies on the BIG screen with an audience is always a different experience and for me it's a better experience than watching movies at home.
    That's why one of my favourite movies is Cinema Paradiso. You can never make a romantic, lyrical movie about home cinema experiences.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ^ Exactly. And something like Up in 3D is unmissable!