• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    I think the movie is a modern masterpiece. Seriously.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    The wresltler

Mmmm..Like I thought. A very predictible movie.

I don't think this movie is better than Rocky Balboa, in fact it's worst. Some narrative licences (like one flashback) are out of place, the character is not well devoloped ( You never can't feel never he is real looser.) and Mickey Rourke is just Ok.

Couldn´t agree more, specially with your first statement: predictable.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. The Spirit

Quite mediocre, only worth watching for 3 things: the visual style, Sam Jackson and the women. Other than that, it's lightweight and forgettable, never shifting into higher gear when it's supposed to. The story is pretty ridiculous stuff, even if it's a comic book adaptation. There's just nothing that sticks out, and what sticks out is something you'd rather forget. On a positive note: the movie flew by in a jiffy.

And Eva Mendes xeroxing her own butt is totally hot! dizzy lick
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    The Spirit

only on Blu-Ray wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Spirit

only on Blu-Ray wink

I would guess this is the most shocking / widely discussed scene of the film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Probably the only scene worth watching.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Spirit

only on Blu-Ray wink

She's doing WHAT to her own butt?
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Spirit

only on Blu-Ray wink

She's doing WHAT to her own butt?

Dude I won't say anything else except for that it involves a photocopying machine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmmmm.! What movie was that?
  5. See the original post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, ok! Thanks for that, you gave me the only thing worth it in that movie which i never planned to watch anyway smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009 edited
    UP

Fantastic! Need I say no more. Funny, scary, heartbreaking. The 3d isn't overdone and it really adds depth to the picture. Great sound design, the best Giacchino score of the year. Just see it!

*so glad that wasn't a disappointment since I've been waiting two years for it*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    UP

Fantastic! Need I say no more. Funny, scary, heartbreaking. The 3d isn't overdone and it really adds depth to the picture. Great sound design, the best Giacchino score of the year. Just see it!

*so glad that wasn't a disappointment since I've been waiting two years for it*

I absolutely adored it too. Pixar always manages to make us all feel like children. It's magic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Up

By most people's standards it was very good, but I didn't think it was quite on the level of Pixar's best. A bit like Wall-E, I thought the set-up (essentially the film up to the point where the house lands) was great and the actual meat of the story not quite so good, but neither half was really in Wall-E league. The score, again, I thought was fine, but certainly not at Bug's Life or Monsters Inc or Ratatouille or Wall-E quality.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not a fan of Wall-E. As soon as the humans are introduced it starts to suck. I've never warmed to the score either.

While Up didn't have the tight plotting all the other Pixar films have, and one of the weakest villains (a shame, as Muntz could have been good if he was in it longer) I still found it much more enjoyable than many of their other movies.

I've gotta put it in my top 4, with The Incredibles and Ratatouille taking #1 and #2 spots but I'm not sure whether to put this as #3 over Toy Story 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Is it time for another Pixar ranking?

Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc
    Toy Story
    Ratatouille
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    A Bug's Life
    Cars
    Up
    The Incredibles

Did I forget any?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What?! Up and The Incredibles as the two weakest?! shocked

The Incredibles
    Ratatouille
    Toy Story 2
    Up
    A Bug's Life
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    Cars

Tbh, Ratatouille is probably the best, but The Incredibles is easily my favourite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I would still give Up and The Incredibles four out of five. It's all degrees of relative greatness when it comes to Pixar. They just have such a strong culture of striving for absolute quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Is it time for another Pixar ranking?

Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc
    Toy Story
    Ratatouille
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    A Bug's Life
    Cars
    Up
    The Incredibles

Did I forget any?

The Incredibles weaker than Cars. Good one. biggrin

(I've not seen Up, but by the looks of it, it looks a lot better than Cars.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It is. Much better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    From the reviews I've read, the making of documentaries I've seen and the opinions people have expressed, I think it's all but certain that I will agree when I finally get to see it on Wednesday.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Btw, what did everyone think of the new short, Partly Cloudy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I absolutely adored it too. Pixar always manages to make us all feel like children. It's magic.

But I thought you were "usually moved by adulthood than anything related to childhood."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

But I thought you were "usually moved by adulthood than anything related to childhood."

-Erik-

There are exceptions, thus the "usually". Pure, honest exceptions (i.e. Pixar) and not americanized junk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

The Incredibles is the only one that doesn't really feel like a Pixar film to me. Just didn't get the magic from it. Cars is "classic Pixar" (even though it's the weakest of that category).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My recent viewing was sports as the Yankees defeated the Twins 4-3.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

The Incredibles is the only one that doesn't really feel like a Pixar film to me. Just didn't get the magic from it. Cars is "classic Pixar" (even though it's the weakest of that category).

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Cars is a piece of junk. It couldn't keep me OR my son awake. The Incredibles on the other hand is a cinematic masterpiece weather it follows the Pixar formula or not.

My ranking is as follows...

Toy Story 2
    The Incredibles
    Wall-E
    Monsters Inc
    Finding Nemo
    Toy Story
    Ratatouille
    A Bug's Life
    Cars

The bottom three I have no interest in EVER seeing again!

I haven't seen Up shame

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

The Incredibles is the best James Bond film ever made.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

The Incredibles is the best James Bond film ever made.

Hah! More like the best film about the Fantastic Four not starring the Fantastic Four ever made.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

I see what you mean. A great film, but I suppose it hasn't got that magic or charm that the other Pixar films have. It has its own charm for sure, but not the sort we usually get from Pixar. I think that's a good thing though, it keeps things 'fresh' as they say.

I think Erik has shocked me the most with his opinion of Ratatouille. I'm honestly, unambiguously, unequivocally perplexed as to how anyone can not be charmed by that film.