• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Really? Aside from the main theme, I find this score rather dull, to be honest.

I kind of did at first, but it grew on me something wicked. Something about it just really clicks with me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009 edited
    On Mark Isham:

Well, he scores them "on-the-fly". Not caring too much, putting in lots of easy-listening synth pads, very few organic instruments, easy n quick stuff. Obviously dollars are more important than all the other factors put together, and not just for Mark.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

I kind of did at first, but it grew on me something wicked. Something about it just really clicks with me. smile

Oh, you bought the subliminal version!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Chilled out trip hop John Barry mix.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POjhT5m9TJI

I was playing the CD earlier ( Off Topic thread ) but I thought some of you here would like to hear this mix of 007 and Counting and 007, I think it's brilliant. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: KNOWING - Marco Beltrami

Now this is some cool stuff!! I'm only a few tracks in and absolutely loving things like "Door Jam" and "New York". Rather subdued action cues that rely fully on orchestra and aren't full of the standard Beltrami percussion or loaded with electronics. punk
  1. Marselus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Tae Guk Gi sounds like The Rock at times.

Wow I´ve listened Taegukgi dozens of times and I´ve never noticed it, I mean it is based in two (very) dramatic themes that have nothing to do with The Rock confused

What about the action music?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Oh, you bought the subliminal version!

Should.... I play it backwards just to make sure?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Only if you want to conjure up the devil.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    On Mark Isham:

Well, he scores them "on-the-fly".

On-the-fly-away-home?

I had to say it. shame

Listened to K-Pax, by Edward Shearmur at work, and was rather disappointed. Beyond the cool main theme, with the bst use in Grand Central, it's rather too empty to sit through completely. The nice moments are when the main theme tries to shine through, but it doesn't happen much. As an atmosphere creator, it does it job well, but it's not satisfying enough.

Also had a listen to The Bourne Ultimatum again. Awesomeness!
    Kazoo
  2. Anthony wrote

Now this is some cool stuff!! I'm only a few tracks in and absolutely loving things like "Door Jam" and "New York". Rather subdued action cues that rely fully on orchestra and aren't full of the standard Beltrami percussion or loaded with electronics. punk

Looking forward to listening to this when it arrives.
    lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Anthony wrote

All the score is really good, but the last four cues are VERY good. Nice surprise.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. NP: King Arthur - Hans Zimmer

Listening to "All of Them!" at the moment. It's a long cue but there's not a boring moment in it all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Kung Fu Panda - Hans and John

Thought I'd give this another spin after a few months. Very enjoyable fluff.

"Panda Po" and "Oogway Ascends" fluff? I think not. There is really only one glaring error and that is the heroic nature of "Tai Lung Escapes." The rest is fan-friggin-tastic!

-Erik-

I disagree. I think the Tai Lung music captures his character perfectly. I'm actually really hoping he somehow returns in the sequel specifically because I liked his music.

Anthony wrote
    NP: ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN - John Powell

I haven't listened to this in over a year! shocked

It's far from his best, but this score really reminds you why Powell is so damn good at animation.

I've been listening to this score a lot during the last two weeks. I think its great, especially the action music near the end and the crazy sloth songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Hocus Pocus (promo) - John Debney

The main title reminds me of Elfman's Batman theme, but yet it is subtly different. One of Debney's most enjoyable scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    On Mark Isham:

Well, he scores them "on-the-fly".

On-the-fly-away-home?

I had to say it. shame

Listened to K-Pax, by Edward Shearmur at work, and was rather disappointed. Beyond the cool main theme, with the bst use in Grand Central, it's rather too empty to sit through completely. The nice moments are when the main theme tries to shine through, but it doesn't happen much. As an atmosphere creator, it does it job well, but it's not satisfying enough.

Also had a listen to The Bourne Ultimatum again. Awesomeness!

Give it time smile Have you seen the movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: King Arthur - Hans Zimmer

Listening to "All of Them!" at the moment. It's a long cue but there's not a boring moment in it all.

Despite the cliches, i absolutely love every note in that score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - Duplicity.

Lots of FUN. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - Duplicity.

Lots of FUN. Love it.

Hmm... I'm interested in hearing this now after reading such different opinions. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it's nothing special or groundbreaking but it's performed very well, it's a vibrant and feel-good James Bond / Bourne-esque little score. I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

Sounds very MV-esque! I quite like what I'm hearing so far, great action stuff and ethnic percussion! Very enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

Sounds very MV-esque! I quite like what I'm hearing so far, great action stuff and ethnic percussion! Very enjoyable.

Very enjoyable is how i'd describe it too! Btw, Tyler has a strong tendency for his slow, dramatic string-driven themes to sound like Zimmer's the thin red line wink He did it in Rambo too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I love that kind of effect!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Panthera wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

"Panda Po" and "Oogway Ascends" fluff? I think not. There is really only one glaring error and that is the heroic nature of "Tai Lung Escapes." The rest is fan-friggin-tastic!

-Erik-

I disagree. I think the Tai Lung music captures his character perfectly.

How so? Here we have this evil son-of-a-bitch escaping the dungeon yet the music plays as if the hero of the film was making the daring escape. The tone is all wrong! The music is GREAT but totally wrong for the sequence.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Panthera wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I disagree. I think the Tai Lung music captures his character perfectly.

How so? Here we have this evil son-of-a-bitch escaping the dungeon yet the music plays as if the hero of the film was making the daring escape. The tone is all wrong! The music is GREAT but totally wrong for the sequence.

-Erik-

I don't think it's played like a hero. I think it's a NOBLE tune played using "dark" orchestrations and textures in this track (in Accu Flashback you see this theme played more tender, when Tai Lung was still a "good"puppet ). After all, he is a character who thinks he is the "Dragon Warrior".

(What I think it's wrong it's the action music in the second half of the track, wich is full of bland orchestrations, typical of Zimmer "mickey mousing" scores )

Anyway, How I said Kung Fu panda is one of my favourites scores by Zimmer and Powell. The Chinese color and tunes are really gorgeous!

NP:Bolt Promo (Powell)

yesterday, i saw the movie. the score shines and fits the movie like a globe.

It's nice to see Powell coming back to his old way of writting, without triyng to beat his previous animated score with more orchestrations and more crazyness.

Nex I will Play: Mononoke Princess Symphoni
    Beautiful and Epic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, is the movie good? I want to watch it badly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nautilus wrote
    ...and fits the movie like a globe.

spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    I don't think it's played like a hero. I think it's a NOBLE tune played using "dark" orchestrations and textures in this track (in Accu Flashback you see this theme played more tender, when Tai Lung was still a "good"puppet ). After all, he is a character who thinks he is the "Dragon Warrior".

Noble is still the wrong tone! Lang might have had good in him in the past but now he is evil and dangerous. The musical tone doesn't work!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi, is the movie good? I want to watch it badly!

Well, It's a nice movie. Some great action, some funny moments (But not so much like I thought) and a lot of tender ones. I think the main reason because I enjoyed it, it's because I like Dogs (I have 2) and for the music.

The same day I saw Howl's moving castle, wich it's a real good movie.

If you want to make an idea what animated movies I like:

Masterpieces: Toy Story 1&2, Ratatouille, Happy feet, Finding Nemo, Wall-E...

Epic or enterntaning: Kung Fu panda, Horton hears a Who, The Incredibles....

A little bit Boring:Cars, Bug's life, Monsters Inc, Robots.

Annoying: All the rest of Dreamwords and Fox animation movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wall-e boring?!? DAMN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wall-e boring?!? DAMN!

No kidding! Boring? Pfffft! I was in awe!

-Erik-