• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    From now on I'm copying all of Jordi's NP posts and pasting them HERE!

biggrin

-Erik-

Damn I expected that guy would give me a huge screaming 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo', alas it remained an anticlimactic 'No'. slant

I remember this from the Commodore Amiga 500 days, with a program which would just say out loud what you typed in. I was more than a little amazed by such a technological wonder!

Nowadays... good little gimmick for translating Jordi's posts tongue biggrin I nearly understood the meaning behind it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Total Recall

70 minutes of epic and loud action music.

One of the most popular themes, for one of his most popular and acclamaited movie.

A memorable theme (yes, even if Poledouris composed it some years ago), complex and addictive action music, techno creating fa futuristic touch, and the synthetiser for create a great soundscape.

Can ask for more? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Fuck it:

kill bunny
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - Elmer Bernstein

If you need an explanation of this you need your head examined to discover if you really are a fan of film music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Memories of Me - Georges Delerue

Nothing really special. For those that have the 7 minute suite from the Varese London Sessions albums or the Great Composers album then you pretty much have the best of the best. Basically it's a light and fluffy jazz score with an excerpt of Beethoven's 9th and a few Delerue patented pull-at-the-heart-string cues. A nice album but not one that I will be return to often.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    The Tudors 2 - Trevor Morris

I want this guy to get more work or score more movies. He has such an interesting voice. The score's juxtaposition of organic and synthetic sounds is interesting. Sure, he uses a similar palette of samples like Zimmer, but the result, as a whole, is very unique.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Promise - Klaus Badelt

Haven't listened to this in a while but it certainly is a very enjoyable score. Shame we've not heard anything remotely as good from him since.

cool
  1. NP: Mom and Dad save the World (Jerry Goldsmith)

I know, hell no is this his best or even his better entries

but you have to admit that even in lesser ways, Goldsmith showed an abundance of wit and creativity
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote

Haven't listened to this in a while but it certainly is a very enjoyable score. Shame we've not heard anything remotely as good from him since.

cool

It's overlong for me but I do quite like it.
  2. Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

It's overlong for me but I do quite like it.

it is his best, sensational stuff, no matter the repetitive nature
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Heya bro, Goldsmith at his worst is miles better than those wannabe's that roam the film score plains these days.

And to make you slightly jealous...

Now enjoying the hell out of and feeling immense satisfaction by listening to:

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Michael Giacchino)

This remains my most-loved Giacchino to date. The recording is truly FANTASTIC (the brass... the strings... the choir... the percussion... the boy soprano... the themes... the explosive action). It all touches me in my very soul and gets my heart racing every time the action cues start and Giacchino shows his immense talent to build his music to the most satisfying heights. I once called him the new John Williams, I'm still confident he has it in him to become just as legendary, judging by the complexity of the music on offer here.

FRONTLINE IS FRAKKING WARRIFIC !!!!

punk punk punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Heya bro, Goldsmith at his worst is miles better than those wannabe's that roam the film score plains these days.

Not always the case... Mr. Baseball anyone?! vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Not always the case... Mr. Baseball anyone?! vomit

-Erik-

Yeah, that's a nasty one and so is Criminal Law.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was playing: waterworld (JNH)

Why anyone didn't tell me how good this score is???

NP:The Last Samurai (Zimmer)

The first 6 tracks are terrific. Some of the best stuff by Zimmer. The rest of the tracks are really very, very irregular.

PS: When the Red Warrior theme appears in " a way of life" is perfect. Taka (the japan girl) sees the ghost of his dead husband in Algren's character. So this synth sound is just perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

confused

I told you. About 5 or 6 years ago.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

confused

Everytime it comes up on NP which is regularly it always gets the thumbs up. Why not try paying a bit more attention Jordi.
  3. NP: Holocaust 2000 --- Ennio Morricone

It is hit and miss with these occassions, in the case of Holocaust it is a miss
    man what an average irritating album
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Dark City (JOnes)

" You have the power" .....You have it, Jones! beer punk punk

(a lot of Merlin, Dinotopia..here!)

I love techno mixed with big orchestras!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

confused

Everytime it comes up on NP which is regularly it always gets the thumbs up. Why not try paying a bit more attention Jordi.

Ditto!

-Erik-
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

confused

Ditto!

-Erik-

yeah, but Kokodezil was doing the same with his selections, and I didn't really trust him

if you know what I mean tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ahh Koko. Crazy people are FUN! beer kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Where is koko by the way? I miss his/her youtube links.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Nautilus wrote

Techno in Dark City confused confused

What Tiesto remix are you playing then dude?

I just play the regular score, no techno present thank god.

Marselus wrote
    Where is koko by the way? I miss his/her youtube links.

He / She is terrorizing YouTube forums as we speak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote

There are some techno / electronic rythms (you can hear specially in "you have the power"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote

There are some techno / electronic rythms (you can hear specially in "you have the power"

That's NOT techno. There are electronics in that cue but it's certainly NOT techno. THIS is techno. vomit

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection - Maurice Jarre

Ever since his passing I've been listening to more of the man's music than ever before... and it's a shame that I didn't really appreciate his music until his passing. I've always ignored it and I can't give a logical explanation as to why. He writes music just the way I like it. For the most part his music is purely orchestral, melodic and has a distinct musical style. I think my hesitation came from my first experiences with Jarre's music... his experimental 80's synth scores.

While the music in Witness, Dead Poet's Society, Enemy Mine and Ghost is good, it was the synth sound - that processed orchestral sound - that turned me off. Even though later on when I became familiar with Jarre's great works - Lawrence, Zhivago, etc - I still couldn't get the icky sounds of those terribly dated 80's scores out of my head.

Well, now that I've matured as a listener... at least I think I have since then... I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Jarre's and have become more and more fascinated with his music. So much so that I've just turned to a City of Prague recording; The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection to find more Jarre gems that I've never really paid much attention to. Jesus of Nazareth, The Fixer, Fatal Attraction, The Year of Living Dangerously (had no idea this score was this good), Red Sun, etc. This folks is me falling in love!

-Erik-

You couldn't have said this at a better time. Just earlier today, I checked this out from the library, prior to reading your comment. Pretty neat coincidence.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Balto - James Horner

One of Horner's best early scores, this is his style I like! Really fun score that's a great listening experience!

One of my favorite Horner scores. His score for this, along with The Land Before Time, shows how capable he is at composing scores for animated films. I hope he gets the chance to compose music for another one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I wish he composed like this today. Can't wait to hear what he does in Avatar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Sunny et l'éléphant - Joe Hisaishi

Sounds very good so far! Gorgeous smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote

That's NOT techno. There are electronics in that cue but it's certainly NOT techno. THIS is techno. vomit

-Erik-

It's a film music geek trend; everything that has electronics in it, is instantly called 'techno'. Shows the general irrelevance of our genre towards other musical genres...and the geekiness of some people (i am not referring to Jordi).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.