• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited
    Runs from 6 until 17 October:
    http://www.maintitles.net/features/even … hent-2009/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    I think I might be in Asia around that time. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Asia? I think Rahman might be invited biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    I think I might be in Asia around that time. smile

Aha! Where are you going? I sense it might be work related though?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope! Pure leisure!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aaah, good.

Though, postpone that and first come to Ghent (or put it before the festival). Always these excuses! It's next door. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote
    Runs from 6 until 17 October. Asia is the central theme. Again multiple film music concerts are planned during these 10 days. So far two have been announced:

- Concert with music of Shigeru Umebayashi (tbd)
    - 9th Edition of the World Soundtrack Awards (October 17)

Awesome! Bregt, this time you have to do an interview with Cyril Morin. Please!
    And getting him to conduct Samsara would be super fab as well.
  1. Bregt wrote
    Runs from 6 until 17 October. Asia is the central theme. Again multiple film music concerts are planned during these 10 days. So far two have been announced:

- Concert with music of Shigeru Umebayashi (tbd)
    - 9th Edition of the World Soundtrack Awards (October 17)

ahhh cool, something different smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    BhelPuri wrote

And actually put the interviews up on the site! cool
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  2. Rian wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

And actually put the interviews up on the site! cool

ooooooh
    Touche smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    He can handle it. He had three weeks to relax.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  3. Rian wrote
    He can handle it. He had three weeks to relax.

indeed and besides
    he was paid while he was running around in the jungle
    pffff tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    Vote now for your favourite soundtrack and win a World Soundtrack VIP-ticket

Have you always dreamt of being a VIP at the World Soundtrack Awards ceremony during the Ghent International Film Festival? Then vote now for your favourite soundtrack of the past year and win a free night’s stay in the prestigious Marriott Hotel Ghent and two VIP-tickets for the World Soundtrack Awards ceremony and concert on 17 October!

How does it work? Go to www.worldsoundtrackacademy.com, look at the list of films and pick your favourite film music. The composer collecting the most votes will receive the Public Choice Award at the World Soundtrack Awards, the official closing event of the Ghent International Film Festival.

The Marriott Hotel Ghent is a world-class hotel situated in one of the most romantic spots in the historic city centre of Ghent. Thanks to its satisfaction score of 95 percent it ranks as the second highest rated Marriott Hotel in the world. Since last year, the Marriott Hotel has been the official festival hotel where all its international guests stay. Do you feel like savouring the festival atmosphere from the hotel? Don’t delay and vote today for your favourite soundtrack!

The voting for the Public Choice Award runs from 6 July to 15 September and is supervised by PricewaterhouseCoopers.

You can now also order tickets for the Shigeru Umebayashi concert, in Vooruit Ghent.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Voted for the obvious choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Voted for Up! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    Voted for the obvious choice.

lol

(just as a matter of curiosity: what Papuan djembe artist, composing exclusive soundtracks to Mongolian-French collaboration documentaries did you vote for?)
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Pino Donaggio - Oorlogswinter

I've always voted for a Dutch score in the past, and this year is no exception.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf. Biased. tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. I would call it patriotic.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    In this case, Oorlogswinter is a great score; but in a competition of best scores, generally speaking, i'd never thing of voting "nationally". I'd vote for the best score instead, regardless of flags wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I don't vote for a Dutchie just because it's Dutch. If there's a perfect Dutch score and I have ten others fitting the description of the perfect score, I vote nationally.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Pino Donaggio - Oorlogswinter

I've always voted for a Dutch score in the past, and this year is no exception.

Pino Donaggio, ahhhh! A fine Dutch composer. biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    I have the impression that JNH and perphaps also Hans Zimmer will be attending the festival.
    Kazoo
  5. Impression?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes. JNH was Composer of the Year last year, and he did attend. In a lot of cases, this composer returns the year after and gives a concert. Hans Zimmer has been mentioned in a news letter, but more as an example of a "top composer".
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't ever try and play poker, Bregt. wink
  6. Yeah lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Hans Zimmer has been mentioned in a news letter, but more as an example of a "top composer".

That would be great. Zimmer has written very good music since the last time he was there hasn´t he? A concert with some of his more recent work (2002-2009) could be something big.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, i don't see him doing concerts, at least sometime soon; he's very much a no-no-concert guy from what i understood in Soncinemad; he prefers entering the hall, everybody standing up in ovation for him, sitting first row and witnessing others (cough Harry Gregson Williams) struggling on stage smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    But didn´t he say some time ago that he wanted to take a break from composing and do some kinda concert tour? He did it in Ghent for the first time in 2001, would be great the second also to be there. And a reason more than enough to pay a visit to Belgium wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you