• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    But did somebody already mention just how good the Desplat concert was?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009 edited
    smile I am eager to listen to the recordings myself, 'cause from what i read so far i gather than the performance of the orchestra must have been the best of the recent years so far, for this organization.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. The concert was pretty good, even though I didn't like all of the selections. But that doesn't change the fact I've experienced again some beauties I thought were absolutely spectacular
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009
    Video from the press conference, with Alexandre Desplat, Marvin Hamlish and Marc Streitenfeld
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moZZCRDZdA0

Interview with A.R. Rahman and Alexandre Desplat (in French)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcD_ehp6js
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    smile I am eager to listen to the recordings myself, 'cause from what i read so far i gather than the performance of the orchestra must have been the best of the recent years so far, for this organization.

Yes! The Brussels Philharmonic is a really good orchestra. Howard Shore returned to Belgium to record his music fro The Aviator because of that, and a certain concert hall he loved, which he wanted for its specific sound.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Their 15 minutes of fame!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    I've heard that there'll be a tribute to John Barry at the Ghent festival in Oct 2010....anyone know more?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited
    Oh? Really? Where did you hear that?

That'd be awesome!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HERE
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aaah. The Lifetime Achievement Award probably. Will not last very long (unless there's a separate concert of his music apart frm WSA). But looking forward to details (although that will not be before May/June).
    Kazoo
  2. Timmer wrote
    HERE

well, it would be lovely indeed
    that and another big composer, and I'm game
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Aaah. The Lifetime Achievement Award probably. Will not last very long (unless there's a separate concert of his music apart frm WSA). But looking forward to details (although that will not be before May/June).

I wouldn't put money on Barry turning up personally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    Indeed. "Risky" of them. But I wouldn't mind as long as there's some Barry music next year!