• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    I think her main talent is that of continuously hiring the right people and designers to reinvent her "on the edge" over and over and over again. Musically she hasn't done anything that would warrant any kind of attention (it's actually extremely generic).

In that way she reminds me much of Madonna.
    Ten out of ten for media, fashion and pop culture sensitivity.

Minus several million for artistic merit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    True, there's nothing groundbreaking about her music but she does have a talent for song writing and had written hits for other artists ( including Madonna ) before she herself was famous.

I think her image owes as much to Grace Jones as much as she's cribbed from Madonna.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, she's very musical, no doubt about it.
    I just don't find her output -while prodigious- very innovative or distinctive at all.

Grace Jones... Good point, that.
    (Now there's someone who dropped off into obscurity...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, Grace Jones was massive throughout the 80's and laid down some great tracks, she's still going ( a friend of mine saw her in concert recently and said it was brilliant ) but obviously hasn't had as high a profile since her glory days.

p.s. As regards Lady GaGa, I don't really want to defend her anymore than I already have, I really am not much of a fan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    People waiting for TWILIGHT III premiere.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Moz08RhEWgo/T … einais.jpg

Fuck me, seriously. Talking about loosing faith in humanity wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

I don't think it's stupid to wait in line for something they adore, they could say the same thing to us if we would stand in line for a concert of say hans zimmer / james newton howard / john williams, ..

but I can surely see why you would react that way smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, but unlike those fine gentlemen and their music, Twilight is a load of tripe.
  2. Steven wrote
    Yes, but unlike those fine gentlemen and their music, Twilight is a load of tripe.

they could say the same of our music, and if you look at most of today's filmmusic, I would have to agree with them wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

they could say the same of our music

They could, but they'd be wrong.
  3. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

they could say the same of our music

They could, but they'd be wrong.

it's all a matter of taste
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It is. Then again, Twilight is shit regardless of taste.
  4. Steven wrote
    It is. Then again, Twilight is shit regardless of taste.

smile

can only speak of the first, which wasn't all that bad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think it's stupid to wait in line for something they adore, they could say the same thing to us if we would stand in line for a concert of say hans zimmer / james newton howard / john williams, ..

but I can surely see why you would react that way smile

Mate, to wait in a line is one thing; everyone does it, for concerts, getting into a club, stuff like that. And it's natural.

But come on, to actually set a tent and FRIGGIN CAMP DAYS AGO for something, IS R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D either if that it's the new iphone or gay glitter vamps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

they could say the same of our music, and if you look at most of today's filmmusic, I would have to agree with them wink

And i was under the impression you were fond of today's film music? Your reviews suggest so at least; so, decide. *

* I think today's film music is fine btw, with few exceptions, like every other era anyway. Twilight on the other hand is shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, setting up a tent does seem a might excessive. And you can't really compare it to a film music concert since film music concerts are generally unique and one-offs, so even if you did set up a tent, at least it's for a worthier cause! wink In this case it's a film (likely a shit one at that) and will be repeated on a daily basis.

So yes, I agree with Demetris. It's really quite sad.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

And i was under the impression you were fond of today's film music? Your reviews suggest so at least; so, decide. *

* I think today's film music is fine btw, with few exceptions, like every other era anyway. Twilight on the other hand is shit.

that means for all the reviews I do here, there are twice more average scores out there I listen to and neglect to review, and frankly today tracks make it memorable, not the score in total anymore
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

It reminds me of STAR WARS.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It reminds me of STAR WARS.

Must be the ONLY similarity between the two?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What? Rabid, obsessive fans?? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    Steven will finally get his ass kicked now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looks fake?

Regardless, I want one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nah, it's for real. That's an old internet classic, that picture. I want one too! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Looks fake?

Regardless, I want one.

No, you want to join us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I'd have both so they could battle each other.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    " A couple with a child decided to divorce. The judge asks the child: "want to live with your mother?" "No she beats me"... "Want to live with your father then?" "No he beats me too"... "Well who do you want to live with then???" ... "The english football team, they can't beat anyone!" "

Hehe, made me giggle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    Steven will tell me i am too pessimistic on the feature of humanity.

I'd say she should have been aborted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and this tagline from amazon, which i am quoting from a facebook friend

I just received my CD-R of "The Karate Kid" (James Horner) from Amazon, and it has one of the weirdest disclaimers I have ever seen on a soundtrack release: "This album does not contain a recording by Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith".

We don't want retarded youth to accidentally listen to some actual, decent orchestral music, right?
  7. This happened before, League on Their Own has a disclaimer about no Madonna song (This Used to Be My Playground, my favourite of hers and possibly almsot the only one I like) and a Varese album. Edwin's status was priceless lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd say she should have been aborted.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh and this tagline from amazon, which i am quoting from a facebook friend

I just received my CD-R of "The Karate Kid" (James Horner) from Amazon, and it has one of the weirdest disclaimers I have ever seen on a soundtrack release: "This album does not contain a recording by Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith".

We don't want retarded youth to accidentally listen to some actual, decent orchestral music, right?

Well, I guess that disclaimer has to do with the fact that the CD does not contain the Bieber/Smith song from the movie. Seems like a perfectly legitimate "warning" to me.
    I am extremely serious.