• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
    8-8

A final frame decider, doesn't get better than that. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    Was watching a movie with my brother, last we checked it was 8-6 and we figured it was the end for Bingham. Didn't expect him to take it to a final frame decider, but I'm glad Robertson came out the winner. I'd like him to win the final, not too big a fan of Selby & Walden.
  1. Well, the World Cup groups have been drawn. Can't say I'm particularly happy, being half-German half-American, to see Germany and the USA in the same group. With Portugal in there as well, the odds seem sadly slim that the Americans will live to see the round of 16. I always like them to do well, if only to raise the sport's profile in the States. It'll be a tough group even for Germany, although they'll pull through like they always do. After so many seconds and thirds recently and Bayern Munich's flawless last (and, so far, current) season, I honestly think this could be our year. punk

In general, the groups seem quite uneven. Groups B, D and G are going to be very competitive indeed, whereas groups C and H don't have any heavyweights in them at all. I like that on principle, as it means some unexpected teams will be able to get further than they ordinarily would.

Here are the groups, for whoever's interested. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    Was watching a movie with my brother, last we checked it was 8-6 and we figured it was the end for Bingham. Didn't expect him to take it to a final frame decider, but I'm glad Robertson came out the winner. I'd like him to win the final, not too big a fan of Selby & Walden.

Agree! I'd like to see a Robertson win too. I felt for Bingham, he showed real steel but someone has to lose.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Well, the World Cup groups have been drawn. Can't say I'm particularly happy, being half-German half-American, to see Germany and the USA in the same group. With Portugal in there as well, the odds seem sadly slim that the Americans will live to see the round of 16. I always like them to do well, if only to raise the sport's profile in the States. It'll be a tough group even for Germany, although they'll pull through like they always do. After so many seconds and thirds recently and Bayern Munich's flawless last (and, so far, current) season, I honestly think this could be our year. punk

In general, the groups seem quite uneven. Groups B, D and G are going to be very competitive indeed, whereas groups C and H don't have any heavyweights in them at all. I like that on principle, as it means some unexpected teams will be able to get further than they ordinarily would.

Here are the groups, for whoever's interested. smile

well, it seems we will meet you in the 8th finales then. I hope USA makes it but I think Germany and Portugal will be too strong at the end
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't wait to see England crash out. The sooner the better!
  3. MI5 will take care of you soon. cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    While our football team is less than stellar the Minnesota Gophers have a #1 ranking in the polls.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Selby's 147 shocked love punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    The fact that it's the 100th in the history of professional snooker and that final black... amazing!!! spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNkAeZqHlY
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013
    Not looking too great for Robertson... I do hope he can come back and save the match but he's not putting up much resistance against Selby.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    Yeah, he's seriously "off" today. The commentators noticed he doesn't have that strut he usually has around the table.

Still, he's looking better this evening.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's more like it Neil.

6-6
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Picked it up at 8-7 when it looked like Selby was going to go 8-8 but that black he missed... ouch! What a tense finale, seemed like every shot had the weight of that room on its shoulders and Neil pulled out his best safety game for that final frame, deserved winner and amazing comeback! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013
    Interesting game yesterday for the Vikings vs Baltimore. 5 touchdowns were scored in the last two minutes of the game, very rare. We came up short 29-26.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    Picked it up at 8-7 when it looked like Selby was going to go 8-8 but that black he missed... ouch! What a tense finale, seemed like every shot had the weight of that room on its shoulders and Neil pulled out his best safety game for that final frame, deserved winner and amazing comeback! punk

Agree! smile

Next big tournament is only a Month away cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013 edited
    Anyone else following the ski world cup this year? It's one of the biggest sports in Norway, and relatively popular throughout much of Northern Europe, but I have a feeling that it's pretty much an unknown sport elsewhere.

Kowalzcyk is showing fantastic form again. Pawel, she must be a big star in Poland, right?

As far as the men are concerned, Norway is doing relatively well, but I really fear the Russians -- especially with the Olympics in Sochi coming up. Seems like they have really managed to get their own team up to the top right before their own games.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Yeah, she is. And she seems to have grown up media-wise. You might be surprised but her "Bjoergen-medication" comments weren't really praised here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, she is. And she seems to have grown up media-wise. You might be surprised but her "Bjoergen-medication" comments weren't really praised here.

That's good to know. We have some similar problems with our male star Petter Northug here, who keeps making very 'provocative' statements about his opponents. Puts some 'spice' into the fights (a la boxing), but also controversial.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013
    And the football is getting to be even more interesting. Watched a special on the concussion issue the NFL is having.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014 edited
    The Masters Tournament

It's Snooker time again Francis. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    The Masters Tournament

It's Snooker time again Francis. cool

Yes! I've been recording the masters, Will check it out this evening spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
    Haven't been that impressed with the quality of play this week at the masters, sure some matches that went to a final frame decider or close to it, but mostly to do with scrappy play. Sifting out the devout circuit players?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
    I agree Francis. I think that's why we've both been so quiet so far. Hopefully it'll pick up, tonight's match between Selby and Higgins should be juicy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I agree Francis. I think that's why we've both been so quiet so far. Hopefully it'll pick up, tonight's match between Selby and Higgins should be juicy.

It is proving to be a tense decider BUT I can't take Higgins serious anymore. The type of shots he missed in these last frames, the types of safeties he hits far too thick and his shot choices overall; with every instance I'm thinking, made another deal Higgins? Might be due to him getting older, but I can't take him serious anymore. I'm still wondering why he didn't get banned or received a more serious punishment after his fix game dealings considering the penalty Lee received last year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014
    Ronnie O'Sullivan

OMG!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can do nothing but shake my head in awe.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    Timmer wrote

It is proving to be a tense decider BUT I can't take Higgins serious anymore. The type of shots he missed in these last frames, the types of safeties he hits far too thick and his shot choices overall; with every instance I'm thinking, made another deal Higgins? Might be due to him getting older, but I can't take him serious anymore. I'm still wondering why he didn't get banned or received a more serious punishment after his fix game dealings considering the penalty Lee received last year.

Yes, his very light punishment left a sour taste in the mouth. Higgins is one of the biggest names in the game though. I believe a lesser player of less box office draw would have been punished far more severely. ( Stephen Lee being a good case in point )

Still, I don't believe there was any nonsense going on in that match but I did think Higgins looked old and unfit.

Francis, catch up on the O'Sullivan v Walden match, it's one-sided but it is some of the most awesome play I've seen in years, Snooker from the gods as John Parrot described it at one point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014
    the football is down to the final three games
    New England vs Denver
    S. F. vs Seattle
    The winners play for the Superbowl.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014
    I always feel a bit "sea sick" watching Mark Selby play snooker, there's all this kind of head and body movement dizzy