• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I love watching baseball, both watching on TV as well as watching the game "live."

Basketball, not so much. I used to play basketball at high school. And once we were runners-up in the Scottish Schools (Central Region) competition!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013
    I grew up with baseball so I've always enjoyed it.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    If you love playing chess then you'll love baseball. Very much a thinking mans game. Lots of strategy. It's probably the only sport where statistic are as important as athletic ability.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    I love basketball!

Hockey, American football, baseball --> sleep

dizzy

How is it even possible for ANYONE to be bored by hockey... the fastest, most explosive, ridiculously entertaining sport out there.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013 edited
    Erik wrote
    If you love playing chess then you'll love baseball.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd read!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Both are strategic, think two-to-three steps ahead type games. That's the main reason why I love it especially during the playoffs. Managers always thinking two to three innings ahead... hell, even into the next game, especially when it comes down to relief pitching.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    I love basketball!

dizzy

How is it even possible for ANYONE to be bored by hockey... the fastest, most explosive, ridiculously entertaining sport out there.

-Erik-

I can't even see the friggin' puck for most of the time. Just a bunch of people skating around and bumping into each other.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    I love basketball!

dizzy

-Erik-

I can't even see the friggin' puck for most of the time. Just a bunch of people skating around and bumping into each other.

yeah
  3. Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    I love basketball!

dizzy

-Erik-

So right! biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Black puck on white ice. dizzy Get your vision checked boys.

-Erik-
  4. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Erik, do any of the broadcasters still have a sort of glow around the puck? I remember being in the US many years ago and I am sure I remember seeing the puck having some sort of a blue halo 'round it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    That glow puck (The Fox Track Puck) was tossed after a few seasons in the 90's. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen implemented into the game. You don't follow the puck when you watch the game you follow the play.

-Erik-
  5. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

It's a tiny thing ricocheting around at a zillion miles an hour in a very confined space. It's really easy to lose track of; at least, that's what I remember from the half-dozen or so times I've watched hockey. Some Minnesotan I am. dizzy

How about a white ball on a nice big green field? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2013 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

NOW we're talkin'!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

NOW we're talkin'!

Snooker?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Both are strategic, think two-to-three steps ahead type games. That's the main reason why I love it especially during the playoffs. Managers always thinking two to three innings ahead... hell, even into the next game, especially when it comes down to relief pitching.

-Erik-

This is really true of football and basketball also. Basketball has its end game strategy with fouling and timeouts. Heck the last minute of a game can take 20 minutes to play. The same is true of the timeouts and getting out of bounds in football. Baseball as you pointed out is endless and can be a pitch by pitch situation.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2013
    I was just thinking about the end of game 6 between the heat and spurs. If Leonard had made both free throws Miami would have reacted differently because the Spurs would be 4 up. They would have tried to score and then foul right away hoping to get the ball one last time.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013
    Coming up to the all star break this year the Pittsburgh Pirates were the first team to reach 50 wins.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013
    Congrats to Andy Murray and Great Britain for FINALLY landing the Wimbledon victory after a 77-year wait!

And what a great match. The tension in that last game was insane!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013
    I expect he'll be made emperor of Scotland now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. UEFA Women's Euro 2013

All is over for Denmark, sorry Plindboe! Norway wins by penalty shootout. So, Thor, the final on Sunday is

Norway - Germany.

You beat us once. Not again! smile

Volker
  8. Captain Future wrote
    UEFA Women's Euro 2013

All is over for Denmark, sorry Plindboe! Norway wins by penalty shootout. So, Thor, the final on Sunday is

Norway - Germany.

You beat us once. Not again! smile

Volker

And we have won! Sorry, Thor - OK, not really! cheesy

So sehn Sieger aus, scha-la-la-la-la ...

But obviously you are all a bunch of bloody chauvinist macho cave men that have no interest in women's football whats-o-ever. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013
    It's true. Women's football is not something I'm very interested in. I see that Norway missed TWO penalty kicks. If that's true, they deserve their second place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Didn't know that women played.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Didn't know that women played.
    Tom

USA is actually one of -- if not THE best -- women football team in the world.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I am too interested in the NFL.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I am too interested in the NFL.
    Tom

Just to be clear -- when we're talking about football here, we're talking about what you probably call 'soccer'.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn colonials. rolleyes

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013
    NFL is a minority sport compared to...erm..."soccer".
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Frankly, I prefer NFL myself. Though it's hockey that's my choice. You could have 2-3 goals in the time when the football teams get into the friggin' offensive zone biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website