• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013
    francis wrote
    Wow, what a surprise win for Thai snooker player Dechawat Poomjaeng, great final frame decider but how quirky is this player around the table? Almost like an Asian Columbo trying to bring the opponent of his game with silly reactions and not to mention he keeps his mouth open when he strikes the cue LOL. That said I saw some of the best and inventive shots played by him, hope he gets far! And another heavy weight Maguire knocked out as well. Good tournament so far.

DAMN!!!! I missed it. I like this Poomjaeng, what a character and what a head to take on his debut at the Crucible.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    On the other hand, I'm happy for any German teams that do so well internationally. Fingers crossed for a Bayern-BVB final, but sorry Volker, if that happens it'll be yellow-black that I'm rooting for. wink

In that case, I will too. I'm not so much into that Schalke-Dortmund emnity thing anyway. I mean it can be fun and all. One just shouldn't take it too serious.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013 edited
    As I posted on my Facebook page: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, especially the Spanish. I don't think I have ever seen Barcelona or Real Madrid so comprehensively dismantled the way they were by Bayern and Dortmund (although as Edmund says, Bayern's second goal was offside, and Müller should have been called for a foul on Ribery's goal!)

Bayern are the best club team in the world right now.
  2. Actually, seeing as we're talking about football, I would be curious to know which team everyone supports!

Mine is Sheffield Wednesday (currently mid-table in the English championship) - I was born in Sheffield and have been blue-and-white since I was six years old! Since moving to the States I have also picked up Los Angeles Galaxy (BEFORE David Beckham!!) as my home town team, and go to 3-4 Galaxy games per year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013
    Jon Broxton wrote
    As I posted on my Facebook page: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, especially the Spanish. I don't think I have ever seen Barcelona or Real Madrid so comprehensively dismantled the way they were by Bayern and Dortmund.

It's amazing!
  3. Jon Broxton wrote
    Actually, seeing as we're talking about football, I would be curious to know which team everyone supports!

As I said earlier, I'm a Hertha BSC supporter, although I haven't been following them as closely now that I spend most of football season at university in Wales. Other than that I have certain sympathies for Arsenal and Barcelona, but generally I'll support any German team that's competing internationally, even if I'd normally dislike them in our own league (e.g. Bayern). Don't like Chelsea, Man United or Real Madrid. moon
  4. Jon Broxton wrote
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles

love

But seriously: As I said earlier in this thread, I support Schalke 04 from Gelsenkirchen in the Ruhr area. Gelesenkirchen is right next to Lüdenscheid Nord (sometimes called "Dortmund" wink ). Thats why there is a great rivalry between both clubs. I live about 100 km to the south of these cities and here everybody either supports Borussia Dortmund or Schalke 04.

I go play "Die Wacht am Rhein" now. I feel devilish chauvinistic today. biggrin

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013
    http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/ph … R_460s.jpg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.

5. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013 edited
    Who'd thought it, world number one Mark Selby crashes out 13-10 to Barry Hawkins.

Ronnie O'Sullivan goes into a 5-3 overnight lead against Ali Carter.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013
    Judd Trump looks in blistering form, I've no doubt the bookies will probably install him as odds on favourite after his 13-7 win over Marco Fu.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Judd Trump looks in blistering form, I've no doubt the bookies will probably install him as odds on favourite after his 13-7 win over Marco Fu.

Well in all honesty his previous opponents haven't been the most difficult to beat; Dominic Dale & Marco Fu are typical first/second round players, lucky to get to a quarter final at best. The quarter finals will prove to be more of a challenge.

I haven't seen the O'Sullivan-Carter match yet, hope to do so today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013
    True, Francis but look at Maguire, Robertson, Allen, Selby....all expected to do well and all getting kicked out by those typical first/second round players.

My prediction is Ding v Trump or O'Sullivan in the final.

my predictions nearly always fall flat on their face
  6. A Ding-Trump final would be excellent. At least my childish part of me thinks so.

Ding-Trump :snigger:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Taxi for Alan Rogers wave
  7. Jon Broxton wrote
    Actually, seeing as we're talking about football, I would be curious to know which team everyone supports!

Mine is Sheffield Wednesday (currently mid-table in the English championship) - I was born in Sheffield and have been blue-and-white since I was six years old! Since moving to the States I have also picked up Los Angeles Galaxy (BEFORE David Beckham!!) as my home town team, and go to 3-4 Galaxy games per year.

ah Sheffield, the team one of my favorite players played for (namely Marc Degryse), you remember him Jon?

That brings me logically to my favorite team, namely RSCA Anderlecht. Now going through a rough period, but still able to win the championship this year. But they better start winning because now they are having an all time low record (20 points out of 42), embarrassingly bad for a title contender
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Timmer wrote
    Taxi for Alan Rogers wave

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    O'Sullivan looking very good as he closed out Ali Carter 13-8, I feel for Carter, it can't be easy having met O'Sullivan 13 times in his career so far and getting beat 13 times, there's no doubt that kind of score will play on your mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013 edited
    I saw the match and what makes you feel even more for Carter is the nonchalance which O'Sullivan displays when clearing the table during a match decider, going for crazy pots and doubles and making them as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Referee Jan Verhaas almost placed the yellow ball back because he couldn't keep up with O'Sullivan, that did put a smile on Carter's face. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    My goodness, did you see any of Ronnie O'Sullivan's play against Stuart Bingham? Bingham was lucky to get one of the eight frames played, as John Parrot rightly called it, 'Snooker from the gods', a genius at work but can he keep up this unbelievable standard?

O'Sullivan, when in top form, remains the most awesome player I've ever seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote
    My goodness, did you see any of Ronnie O'Sullivan's play against Stuart Bingham? Bingham was lucky to get one of the eight frames played, as John Parrot rightly called it, 'Snooker from the gods', a genius at work but can he keep up this unbelievable standard?

O'Sullivan, when in top form, remains the most awesome player I've ever seen.

Yes, I only saw the first two frames where Bingham basically gave O'Sullivan a freebie each time, so he wasn't off to the best of starts. Saw the score today and well... I wouldn't blame him if he'd just conceded the match (in the same style O'Sullivan once did against Hendry, would have been funny). I am annoyed that both bbc and eurosport first focused their coverage on a match that read 1-10, whereas Ding-Hawkings is the match to follow...

Looking forward to Trump-Murphy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    I just came back from jogging and put on the tv to witness the final frame decider, what a nail biting on the edge of your seat frame! Relieved with the outcome smile
  9. Goddamnit, will nobody stop Bayern???

beer <--- what Jupp Heynckes is going to be drenched in a lot in the near future
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    francis wrote
    I just came back from jogging and put on the tv to witness the final frame decider, what a nail biting on the edge of your seat frame! Relieved with the outcome smile

Wasn't it just! Best nail-biter I've seen in a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013 edited
    Great match between Trump & O'Sullivan so far but like Stephen Hendry said, Trump continues to trail behind and and it seems Ronnie has ran away considerably. Surprised at the small breaks mostly, but I think this is where Trump leaves a lot to be desired; he also seems to have problems with kicks on the white, yet O'Sullivan had zero so far.

Oh, and that has to be the first time a snooker player farted during a world championship? Good for Trump he didn't shart. wink

Enjoy, for those unbeknownst, the audience can hear the commentators via earpieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55b3Q_yLTzY
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013
    Ronnie eases into the final 17-11 against Judd Trump, it's been said so many times and by so many people but truth is truth and that is that Ronnie O'Sullivan is a Snooker genius, so many great players these days and yet he's head and shoulders above everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2013
    Yup, considering the standard of play of that other semi final, I think it's safe to say the 2013 world snooker champion is Ronnie O'Sullivan. What a season he played to get there! biggrin

I hope he will get some maximum attempts!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    It only just occurred to me how little I give a fuck that Fergie & Beckham have both retired, I really could give less of a shit. :shrug:
  10. Football World Chamionships 2014

Thor, after that defeat against Austria, the Swedish boys will have to pull themselves together against the football giant Färöer Islands! wink

To our Belgian friends: Well sone against Serbia!

Volker
  11. I'm sure Thor would be devastated if he wasn't Norwegian... wink