• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    But kindly accept my apologies and guide me to right path.

Just quit making shit up... or make sure your source of info is credible.

-Erik-

I think i made a mistake of offering my apologies to a person who doesn't know to accept it or never know the meaning of forgiveness. Shame on myself.

lol

You asked for guidance and I gave some to you. You respond with "I will not..... or i will try." And now this? You are hilarious!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Nicholas Hooper

First listen... and completely bored out of my skull! sleep

EDIT - It is very interesting to hear Williams' Quidditch motif from POA in "Ron's Victory!" Wow! It is still a completely bland action cue but that quote earns Hooper a few points.

-Erik-

Just finished my first listen before bed and I've come to the conclusion that I never want to listen to this score ever again!

THUMBS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DOWN <- Fanboy translation for Sunil... this score blows!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    There are only 2 tracks on the score I found good listening - In Noctem and Dumbledore's Farewell. Rest is dronefest.

I seriously pray Williams comes back to prevent Deathly Hallows getting frigged up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    There are only 2 tracks on the score I found good listening - In Noctem and Dumbledore's Farewell. Rest is dronefest.

Agreed!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    But kindly accept my apologies and guide me to right path.

Just quit making shit up... or make sure your source of info is credible.

-Erik-

I think i made a mistake of offering my apologies to a person who doesn't know to accept it or never know the meaning of forgiveness. Shame on myself.

lol

You asked for guidance and I gave some to you. You respond with "I will not..... or i will try." And now this? You are hilarious!

-Erik-

Dear Erik,

I am not hilarious or trying to be funny. But the way you responded was very harsh and rude. It deeply hurt my feelings. When i saw the word like "Shit", i was totally upset. I was under impression that you hate me so much and also i felt that you were asking me quit this forum permanently. Honestly speaking, i wasn't try to be funny or making fun of others. I was so serious about this. I was just expressing my opinion and view. That's all.

Yours sincerely,

Sunil.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote

I seriously pray Williams comes back to prevent Deathly Hallows getting frigged up.

Let me also pray sincerely for Williams to return for Deathly Hallows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Dear Erik,

I am not hilarious or trying to be funny. But the way you responded was very harsh and rude. It deeply hurt my feelings. When i saw the word like "Shit", i was totally upset. I was under impression that you hate me so much and also i felt that you were asking me quit this forum permanently. Honestly speaking, i wasn't try to be funny or making fun of others. I was so serious about this. I was just expressing my opinion and view. That's all.

Yours sincerely,

Sunil.

Oooooooooooooh GOOD LORD!

Sunil - STOP! STOP NOW! PLEASE! This melodramatic stuff is just sad! "Shit" was used in the place for the word "stuff." STOP MAKING STUFF UP. Better? Man! Grow a pair!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Dear Erik,

Yours sincerely,

Sunil.

Oooooooooooooh GOOD LORD!

Sunil - STOP! STOP NOW! PLEASE! This melodramatic stuff is just sad! "Shit" was used in the place for the word "stuff." STOP MAKING STUFF UP. Better? Man! Grow a pair!

-Erik-

OK! DONE! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Can we PLEASE get this thread back on track. I don't care who does it but what are you NOW PLAYING?!

Well, I was going to bed but I just had to stick around for more Sunil entertainment so I'm...

NP: The Film Music of Sir Richard Rodney Bennett - featuring the BBC Philharmonic conducted by Rumon Gamba

I just got a boatload of these Chandos releases and I'm very happy with them. Richard Rodney Bennett is someone I'm not entirely familiar with (Far From The Madding Crowd is all that I know... although I have 5 of his scores on file confused ) so this album is a perfect introduction of his music to me.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

One of last year's best scores. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

One of last year's best scores. Love it.

IMHO, the best score written last year! Superb!

-Erik-
  1. NP: Some pop music that is rather catchy.

Oops. Wrong thread.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: The Lion King- Hans Zimmer

I really like the, *AHEM* unreleased cue track called King of the Past
    I've always loved this score, but for some reason I haven't listened to it much recently. Now just seemed like the right time.

bunny There, I said it. bunny And I'm not afraid to admit it bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Panthera wrote
    NP: The Lion King- Hans Zimmer

I've always loved this score, but for some reason I haven't listened to it much recently. Now just seemed like the right time.

bunny There, I said it. bunny And I'm not afraid to admit it bunny

I play the expanded King Of Pride Rock track everyday at least. Pray everyday for a complete CD release. beer bunny

*throws bulletproof cover over bunnies*
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Can we PLEASE get this thread back on track. I don't care who does it but what are you NOW PLAYING?!

Well, I was going to bed but I just had to stick around for more Sunil entertainment so I'm...

-Erik-

Yes, of course, we should get this thread back on track.

What? I beg your pardon, "more Sunil entertainment", i love this stuff. I believe i can run my own show, as once my friend Steven had suggested me. GREAT! applause to Erik Woods, here is my kiss biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote

I play the expanded King Of Pride Rock track everyday at least. Pray everyday for a complete CD release. beer bunny

How did you get that expanded King of Pride Rock track? Its my all time favorite track. Yes of course, i am also expecting for complete release of this great score.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote

*throws bulletproof cover over bunnies*

If that is the 12 minute finale piece towards the end, then I completely agree. That track is amazing. bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote
    How did you get that expanded King of Pride Rock track? Its my all time favorite track. Yes of course, i am also expecting for complete release of this great score.

It comes from the bootleg floating around. I don't recommend you to get it though unless you're a die hard fan of the score, because the quality is awful, some tracks are even in mono.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Panthera wrote
    If that is the 12 minute finale piece towards the end, then I completely agree. That track is amazing. bunny

11 minutes actually, when you edit the track to correct playing time. It's originally slower on the boot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Sunil wrote

It comes from the bootleg floating around. I don't recommend you to get it though unless you're a die hard fan of the score, because the quality is awful, some tracks are even in mono.

I won't go for it if it is awful recording. Yes, i am die hard fan but i expect quality recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Meanwhile keep fingers crossed for a proper quality genuine recording sessions/promo to surface.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: PoTC - At World's End - Hans Zimmer and co.

Up Is Down = shiver me timbers! punk

Also love the final battle cues.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WOW! 3 pages and none of them down to me n' D's copious posting habits.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Don't worry, top men are working on finding out what's wrong with Sunil.
    TOP MEN.

Anyway.

There Will Be Blood Jonny Greenwood

Comparable to the effectiveness of Wendy Carlos's score for The Shining. It doesn't make a particularly enjoyable album (you really have to see the film to get any enjoyment out of it), but it's extremely effective in the film. Very unique scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    Don't worry, top men are working on finding out what's wrong with Sunil.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Finding Neverland - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

First listen. Wow, this is really, really good! Reminds me a bit of Mark Isham's Eight Below. Going to listen to it fully!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    India: Kingdom Of The Tiger - Michael Brook

It's my favourite "Indian sound" score (it's not proper Indian music, obviously, but rather an instrumental fusion of styles), that absolutely matches a warm Summer's day like today.
    cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    By far the best Indian-spirited score I've heard so far is Danna's Water. I could've sworn it was by some Indian classical music composer had I not known!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Played (all first listens):

The Home of Dark Butterflies - Panu Aaltio
    It's nice to get acquianted with new composers. This score is a truly emotional little gem, I loved it!

The Water Horse - James Newton Howard
    While I was watching the movie some weeks ago with my daughter, I noticed how great the music was so I gave the CD a spin now. I think it's an underrated score by Howard and a very good one. I especially liked how some of the tracks flowed into each other, giving a more complete listening experience. The Celtic stuff and the rousing action tracks are the highlights, but the more subtle emotional music is also very touching. It's another example how great Howard can use the choir.

Puccini - Marco Frisina
    Frisina's latest is just as good as his other scores. Playful, emotional, and very melodic throughout. My only complaint is - as usual - because of the too many short tracks on the CD. I would have been happier with less tracks with more running time. But apart from this, it's a very good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell

I do believe the Phoenix theme is one of Powell's finest moments. Superb stuff.

cool