• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Thanks! right now, i am reading Nicholas Hooper thread, but i couldn't find separate thread for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Are you sure about separate thread for HP and Half blood prince? smile

Why do we need a separate thread on Half Blood Prince? Just discuss the score in the Hooper thread.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    I'd be happy even with a collaboration between JW and Hooper.

Good lord no! Williams by himself or not at all.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

Why do we need a separate thread on Half Blood Prince? Just discuss the score in the Hooper thread.

-Erik-

No Problem. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote

-Erik-

I agree. Its sounds weird to me. In John Williams' career, he had never collaborated with any other composer and he will not, perhaps he should not. John Williams possess a unique style of composing film scores, where Hooper doesn't have that quality. In fact, Hooper is no where near to Maestro. I think Mr.Ravi was in the mood of joking. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    No, I meant I just want Williams back by any means. Actually Hooper is mates with Yates adnd so probably Yates wouldn't want to remove him so in an extreme case I guess I could settle even with a collaboration. Unlikely anyway...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote

-Erik-

I agree. Its sounds weird to me. In John Williams' career, he had never collaborated with any other composer and he will not, perhaps he should not.

Well, he did work with William Ross on Chamber of Secrets. However, Ross' material was strictly adaptation of previously existing materiel... but they did work together. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I believe John Williams will not accept this kind of offer collaborating with other composers. As you know, JW is kind of egoistic personality. He won't collaborate with anybody. As i said earlier, he should not collaborate because that may affect composing style. I know opinions differ from each other. I don't know what is the problem for Yates to work with Maestro.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Nicholas Hooper

First listen... and completely bored out of my skull! sleep

EDIT - It is very interesting to hear Williams' Quidditch motif from POA in "Ron's Victory!" Wow! It is still a completely bland action cue but that quote earns Hooper a few points.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    As you know, JW is kind of egoistic personality.

Where do you get this nonsense?!?!

Sunil wrote
    He won't collaborate with anybody.

Again, I point you to Chamber of Secrets.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote
    I believe John Williams will not accept this kind of offer collaborating with other composers. As you know, JW is kind of egoistic personality. He won't collaborate with anybody. As i said earlier, he should not collaborate because that may affect composing style. I know opinions differ from each other. I don't know what is the problem for Yates to work with Maestro.

Who told you he's egoistic?! I think every director he's worked with only praises how down to earth, humble and adjustable he is, for a man of his stature!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote

-Erik-

I agree. Its sounds weird to me. In John Williams' career, he had never collaborated with any other composer and he will not, perhaps he should not.

Well, he did work with William Ross on Chamber of Secrets. However, Ross' material was strictly adaptation of previously existing materiel... but they did work together. wink

-Erik-

Of course, but i heard that he just adapted John Williams composition and conducted the orchestra. I never heard that William Ross wrote any cue or theme for "Chamber of Secrets". I apologize for my ignorance, if there is any cue or theme written by William Ross, please let me know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    If you watch the movie you'll see quite a few cues in COS have much new material by Ross. "The Spiders" is a good example, it's much longer in the movie than on the CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Of course, but i heard that he just adapted John Williams composition and conducted the orchestra. I never heard that William Ross wrote any cue or theme for "Chamber of Secrets". I apologize for my ignorance, if there is any cue or theme written by William Ross, please let me know.

That's not the point. The point is that they worked closely together. Very closely together adapting the old themes and new themes so they would work seamlessly together. But you are right... Ross didn't write ANY new material. Ross was quoted saying that Chamber was a John Williams score from beginning to end. Ross filled in a few holes... but none of it was original material.

And to put the kybosh on your silly Williams is egotistical BS... Williams is the one that insisted from the VERY beginning the Ross get an "adapted by" credit on screen even though Ross didn't want one. Yeah, that Williams... what an asshole.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Sunil wrote

Who told you he's egoistic?! I think every director he's worked with only praises how down to earth, humble and adjustable he is, for a man of his stature!!

No, no you misunderstood me. He never showed his ego towards any director or producer and he was so loyal to director like Steven Spielberg. But you click the below link where i read about his egoism. Sorry, if have misunderstood it. For your reference, click below link:

http://www.filmtracks.com/composers/williams.shtml

Let me tell you one thing, I am a huge and die hard fan of John Williams.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    No, no you misunderstood me. He never showed his ego towards any director or producer and he was so loyal to director like Steven Spielberg. But you click the below link where i read about his egoism. Sorry, if have misunderstood it. For your reference, click below link:

Garbage!!! Christian writes...

"Williams' personality is admired by many, but intensely disliked by others. In concert, both at the Boston Pops and on tour, his sense of humor captivates the audience almost immediately. On the other hand, other professionals claim that Williams' ego has become too inflated --perhaps due to his enormous worldwide success."

Yet Christian has no facts or quotes to back any of that up. I'd like to read that 1997 interview regarding his Academy Award nominations yet there are no links to that article anywhere is Christian's write up.

THUMBS WAAAAAAAAAAY DOWN!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

And to put the kybosh on your silly Williams is egotistical BS... Williams is the one that insisted from the VERY beginning the Ross get an "adapted by" credit on screen even though Ross didn't want one. Yeah, that Williams... what an asshole.

-Erik-

I agree. But my intention or aim is not to call Maestro as ego full person. I read it in filmtracks composer tributes. That's all. First of all, i never met him personally. Anyhow, i should haven't stated that without proper evidence. No hard feelings. OK! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Anyhow, i should haven't stated that without proper evidence.

Geez... where has that happened before? slant

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote

Let me tell you one thing, I am a huge and die hard fan of John Williams.

Have a nice day!

It's a wonder a man of that stature and fame can inspire jealousy and lies in some people, isn't it? If the world went by comments of such people almost everyone in that league would be blacklisted. And is there any LEGIT, OFFICIAL proof for that comment??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

I am sorry, which one you are asking about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote

It's a wonder a man of that stature and fame can inspire jealousy and lies in some people, isn't it?

AGREE! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

I am sorry, which one you are asking about?

You bring nonsense to this board without proper evidence or just make stuff up. Has that EVER happened before here at MT? Yeah, I think so. You are quickly becoming famous for it.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

confused

I'm sorry... I thought I was being clear. Here... does this help?

Better?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

You bring nonsense to this board without proper evidence or just making stuff up. Has that EVER happened before here at MT? Yeah, I think so. You are quickly becoming famous for it.

-Erik-

Sorry, my friend! Don't get angry with me. As i have earlier apologized for my damn fucking ignorance which led to unnecessary chaos on this thread. I will be very careful in future in writing such kind of tough news about a person or incident. I know as of now, most of you guys would have thought about me as disgusted person on this MT and you may have decided to ignore me. But kindly accept my apologies and guide me to right path.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

confused

Better?

-Erik-

confused confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    But kindly accept my apologies and guide me to right path.

Just quit making shit up... or make sure your source of info is credible.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Better?

-Erik-

confused confused

OH. MY. GOD!

What's the issue here?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

I will not..... or i will try.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    But kindly accept my apologies and guide me to right path.

-Erik-

I think i made a mistake of offering my apologies to a person who doesn't know to accept it or never know the meaning of forgiveness. Shame on myself.