• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

LOVE the main theme. The rendition in the last track is irresistible! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Happening James Newton Howard

I've not seen the film, but I have no doubt this works great. Quality film music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It works wonders. I liked the film as well, might be its only fan smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    I haven't listened to this one in quite a while, I'd forgotten how good it is. I listen to Erik's playlist for a more enjoyable listen. (It was actually Erik's playlist that helped change my initial opinion of this score!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

TRUE!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : RED HEAT - James Horner

Only a few tracks from this, there's too much of this album that I don't like, however, one particular action track has a superb funky bassline very reminicent of Stanley Clarke that's cooking.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

TRUE!

I'll probably watch it for two reasons: JNH and Zooey Deschannel. love <-both of them
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Get out a superb horror film like THE MIST instead.
  1. NP: FREEDOM PIANO STORIES 4 --- Joe Hisaishi

Thanks Mya kiss
    the usual lovely piano melodies of Hisaishi, enough to dream away with
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

Now there is one film that completely exceeded my expectations.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LOST IN SPACE - Bruce Broughton

Yeah baby punk
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : LOST IN SPACE - Bruce Broughton

Yeah baby punk

you said it, can't believe I left this one dorment for so many years
    enjoyed it thoroughly punk
  3. NP: THE INFORMERS --- Christopher Young

First listen
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Now there is one film that completely exceeded my expectations.

Indeed. Best horror film I´ve watched lately.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Coincidentally I saw that film the other day. My two favourite moments were during the end scene of the film where [spoiler]the big fuck-off alien thing walked over the car and of course the moment the main protagonist found out he shouldn't have killed his son and those other people[/spoiler]. That ending just floored me! It was great to have a completely shocking ending like that for once in a film. The music used in the end scene was very effective too.

That religious bitch REALLY pissed me off though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A Far Off Place James Horner

I've heard a few people mention that this one was allegedly ghostwritten in parts, and it's not surprising in the least. Some of the action I swear is by McNeely!? (Or perhaps Debney?)

(A great score though, that theme which is definitely Horner's is beautiful.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I almost played that this evening ( and went for the inferior Red Heat instead )

NP : JANE EYRE - John Williams

One of my favourite Williams scores and one of my all time favourite scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    I almost played that this evening ( and went for the inferior Red Heat instead )

WHat do you think of the "ghostwriting"? Do you think it could be McNeely? I suppose it's hard to be sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Coincidentally I saw that film the other day. My two favourite moments were during the end scene of the film where [spoiler]the big fuck-off alien thing walked over the car and of course the moment the main protagonist found out he shouldn't have killed his son and those other people[/spoiler]. That ending just floored me! It was great to have a completely shocking ending like that for once in a film. The music used in the end scene was very effective too.

Always wanted to watch that; but whenever monsters and or evil bastard monster aliens pop up, there goes the movie experience out the window for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Always wanted to watch that; but whenever monsters and or evil bastard monster aliens pop up, there goes the movie experience out the window for me.

The special effects aren't anything to write home about, but the film itself is very well made and very gripping (not surprising for a Darabont film really). Even if you're not too keen on most of the film, it's all worth it for the end scene.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

It is not a monster / aliens festival. You barely get to see any of them actually; except in the EXCEPTIONALLY shot and edited drugstore sequence. And I agree with Steven, the ending is shocking (and disturbing at the same time).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Just out of interest D, what bastard monster alien movies don't you like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

Me too. that was the point though. [spoiler]And to enjoy even more when she finally dies [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

I don't like it when monsters are involved. I usually giggle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I don't like it when monsters are involved. I usually giggle.

That's not what I asked. dizzy

I'm just curious to know which monster movies you dislike? There's silly monsters ala Lost In Space, or awesome monsters ala Alien.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I want to know too. Specifics please.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^

WHat do you think of the "ghostwriting"? Do you think it could be McNeely? I suppose it's hard to be sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...?

McNeely is the safer bet. This score sounds so 'un-Hornerish' in places it has to be different writer(s).

In the end we don't know and may never know? All that's really important is that it's a damn fine listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    All that's really important is that it's a damn fine listen.

True... but I still remain very curious. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    All that's really important is that it's a damn fine listen.

True... but I still remain very curious. wink

I had read a long time ago that the score MIGHT have been ghostwritten by Horner's orchestrator Tom Pasatieri. I can't for the love of me remember where I read that. Dammit!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    I remember ( Bill Conti I think? ) mentioning how 'you'd be surprised how many composers have their music ghost written for them' ( or words to that effect ). I can't remember the exact source except that it was an interview in a soundtrack magazine.