• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    2nd, 3rd & 4th 'THIS' need tweaking bud spin

Weird. confused
    They work for me?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nope! I just get the 'videos, all categories' thingy? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    I've always been a massive fan of genius Stevie Wonder ( at least until he went all crappy in the 1980's ), but rather than youtube his early Motown or 1970's brilliance I thought I'd stick this one I just found......

HERE.

punk

Worth bumping to here cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    flash Help? flash

I would like to change this thread title to something more encomposing than just 'summer' music?

Suggestions???
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Favourite spring, summer, autumn and winter music?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Posssssibly??

I'll wait to hear more suggestions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Favourite songs that you associate with a specific event, period, significant person and/or place?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Let's see....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think I'll leave it like that.........warts and all. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...uhm

Incidentally (as I really can't recreate the problem), has anyone else have a problem accessing these links, like Timmer has? confused

Other songs I associate with summer (for reasons of energy, lightness of touch or simply because I first heard them and they made a strong impression on me in summer) are this one, this one, this one, and VERY MUCH this one, which is my all-time favourite summer song.

I'm starting to think it may be a BT thing again, blocking content.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Anything by The Beach Boys! Santana, too.

The Beach Boys do invoke summer thoughts.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Posssssibly??

I'll wait to hear more suggestions.

"Music to remember..."
    "Musical memories"
    "Remind me, baby, of you"

...I should go and work for K-Tel. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If others here could try out Martijn's links and post here would be appreciated.

What's this with BT Martijn?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Thor wrote
    Anything by The Beach Boys! Santana, too.

The Beach Boys do invoke summer thoughts.
    Thomas

Both the Beach Boys and Santana are great summery hot weather playing, I love both! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    If others here could try out Martijn's links and post here would be appreciated.

What's this with BT Martijn?

BT has a bit of a track record squeezing and even blocking copyright-sensitive sites or content.
    slant

Anyway, with different hyperlinks this time, the summer songs I referenced were Zucchero's Baila Morena, Shakira's Suerte, Mötorhead's Hellraiser and my all-time favourite: Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Still odd though. I've not had problems with youtube clips before.

Good choices by the way........particularly Motorhead punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Beach boys evoke green-yellowy feelings to me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    Bollocks.
    While I don't buy into the whole Brian Wilson being a modern day Mozart either (people do tend to get overly hagiographical about the group), they did some absolutely outstanding songs.

My favourite.
    And another!

It's totally ripping, dude! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah, mmmkay.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Bollocks.
    While I don't buy into the whole Brian Wilson being a modern day Mozart either (people do tend to get overly hagiographical about the group), they did some absolutely outstanding songs.

My favourite.
    And another!

It's totally ripping, dude! cool

One of the greatest bands of all time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    yeah, mmmkay.

Totally lamo frube, dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate i blame bands like beach boys for everything gay in our musical world. I'd rather listen to Jacko instead biggrin shocked tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    busy thinking up most terrible torturous death known and unknown to mankind to inflict on the Greek heathen
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bring it on; as long as it's nothing involving stinky spiders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    thanks for the tip devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mate i blame bands like beach boys for everything gay in our musical world. I'd rather listen to Jacko instead biggrin shocked tongue

Dude.
    I mean.
    Seriously.
    DUDE.
    slant

Equating the Beach Boys to "gay" and "Jacko" is like equating Sinatra to Dean Martin.
    The fact that the two are somehow interlinked in some bizarre way says nothing about the lightyears in quality dividing the two.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    Really D, whatcha like!? rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    I listen to a lot of music whenever I read, and it's usually about particle physics and cosmology (which is about as big a subject you could ever attempt to get your head around, even in Popular Science form). Of the many scores and classical pieces I've listened to while reading about the mass giving Higgs field, the different ways in which the fourth dimension can be spliced depending on your acceleration through absolute space, the idea that we may be living in just one of an infinite number of universes, or the way that the Big Bang may have had no real beginning (bear with me), Alan Silvestri's Contact score has stood out among many others.

So not only do I associate it with Carl Sagan's mind-bending story for blisteringly obvious reasons, but I also associate it with some pretty big scientific ideas. That truly has changed my appreciation for this score, I can assure you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009
    shocked You read some heady stuff, Steven. cool