• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    No, only the American branch.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    U2 have had to pull out of headlining.

oh my word i am so devastated my life is fruitless and so empty

What? shocked
    Saint Bono will not be present to bless your socks (provided they're not made with child labour, in an ecological fashion, environment--friendly, without carbon footprint, non-alcoholic, whale-saving, baby-loving, respectful of all religions, colours and creeds, politically left wing yet economically sound)?

Surely this is a sign of the impending the apocalypse. sad

biggrin

To be honest, if I got the chance I would have gone and watched them, it's not often you might get the chance to see the biggest band on the planet and not have to pay a single penny.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    U2 in Greece: Never on a Sunday, bloody Sunday.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    U2 in Greece: Never on a Sunday, bloody Sunday.

biggrin
    And talking of Sunday, Bloody Sunday...

ALAN PARTRIDGE talks U2

I still can't watch this without dying in laughter dizzy biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bono is baby-loving now?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    eh? confused

Gorillaz have been confirmed to take over the U2 spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    Nice lineup, Tim. I would have loved to see:

Rolf Harris
    Scissor Sisters
    Stevie Wonder
    Faithless
    The Flaming Lips
    Pet Shop Boys
    Orbital
    LCD Sound System
    George Clinton & Parliament

...and some of the dance stages.

Yeah, I know, not terribly obscure, but you wanna make sure you get your money's worth.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Nice lineup, Tim. I would have loved to see:

Rolf Harris
    Scissor Sisters
    Stevie Wonder
    Faithless
    The Flaming Lips
    Pet Shop Boys
    Orbital
    LCD Sound System
    George Clinton & Parliament

...and some of the dance stages.

Yeah, I know, not terribly obscure, but you wanna make sure you get your money's worth.

Did you see my choice of whom I would like to see? It's on the previous page and is nearly the same as yours wink beer

I've seen Rolf Harris there before, he was brilliant and a real crowd pleaser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Did you see my choice of whom I would like to see? It's on the previous page and is nearly the same as yours wink beer

Yeah, I noticed. We do have some overlapping taste here and there.

I've seen Rolf Harris there before, he was brilliant and a real crowd pleaser.

I've never seen him before, but he has a kinda film music connection, so it would be interesting to hear what the ol' man is about.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    And talking of Sunday, Bloody Sunday...

ALAN PARTRIDGE talks U2

I still can't watch this without dying in laughter dizzy biggrin

biggrin A classic! I know it well. Never fails to crack me up!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bono is baby-loving now?

Provided they're African and starving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    My mate decided to stay on site at Glastonbury when we went there on Sunday, he's phoned me three times since yesterday, something tells me he's bored.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    I'm off at 7.00am this morning so this is the last of me until next week.

Make sure you all misbehave and drink copious amounts of beer this weekend.

Chiao wave beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Have a good time Tim! I expect a full report when you return.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I'm off at 7.00am this morning

Well, THAT's a shitty start. slant

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Just a generation thing. I'd have paid a lot of money and did to hear Copland conduct his own music.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'm off at 7.00am this morning

Well, THAT's a shitty start. slant

wink

It was but it was necessary because the traffic around this time is notorius. last year I lost a days work because it took us 12 hours to get there, and Glastonbury is only 30 miles from me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Have a good time Tim! I expect a full report when you return.

beer

Report coming soon smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    [Fonz] EEEEEYYYyyyyyyyyy. He's back!

I got a bit of the line-up, and I'm thoroughly envious. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I didn't want to open a new thread so I'll post it here...

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL LINE UP

...and here's the acts I'd like to see

Snoop Dogg
    Muse
    Scissor Sisters
    Shakira
    Stevie Wonder
    Faithless
    Slash ( of Guns n' Roses )
    Orbital
    MGMT
    The Flaming Lips
    The Stranglers
    Groove Armada
    George Clinton w/ Parliament / Funkadelic

....and I'll probably be lucky to see two of those acts. rolleyes

And I actually did better than that, I saw 3 of those acts spin

GLASTONBURY part 1

What I actually saw...

Snoop Dogg - mysogonist, sexist....yeah, but who cares, he was great, not the kind of thing I would normally see but I'd never seen a rap artist before and I've got to say he was very enjoyable, the man has a hell of a fine singing voice too, an excellent entertainer.

George Clinton - Funking funky funk FUNK master ripped the place up, what a band too, incredible musicianship and incredible professionalism when the mixing desk in the middle of the field broke down for five minutes these guys and girls just continued as if nothing happened, some of this set put shivers up and down my spine, awesome show and my top moment of the weekend.

Stevie Wonder - A living legend, the man is, in the true sense of the word, a genius. This was fantastic and like Clinton, the musicianship was sublime, this goes down a few notches for a couple of moments that were preachy ( world peace blah blah blah ) and broke up the rhythm, still, I feel privilaged to have witnessed a true giant play.

I also saw half of Kate Nash set.... rolleyes :shrug:

Stuff I could hear but couldn't see....

Scissor Sisters ( and yeah, I could hear Kylie Minogue singing with them )
    Faithless
    MGMT
    Rolf Harris
    Muse
    Shakira
    cry
    Femi Kuti
    Gorillaz
    Pet Shop Boys

All sounded good but I was working at the time slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    GLASTONBURY part 2

The Good....

The weather, did I mention the weather? It was outrageously hot all week with barely a cloud in sight

EDIT : - Friends have called around, can't be antisocial...laterz. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited
    Excellent, Timmer. Sounds like a ball!
    (But what's your beef with Kate Nash? I really like her stuff. smile )

Too bad you didn't get to see Shakira. That girl is on fire!
    I read about Kylie teaming up with the Scissor Sisters, and thought of you instantly. Too bad you didn't catch the act. Apparently it was quite something (big headlines and photos).

What kind of work did you do there?
    The usual? (Backstage security and such)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    Great stuff, Timmer! Wonder & Clinton, in particular. Living legends.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010
    Timmer wrote
    GLASTONBURY part 2

The Good....

The weather, did I mention the weather? It was outrageously hot all week with barely a cloud in sight

I'll get back to you on this stuff guys, friends called around and ambushed me and I was dragged out ( kicking and screaming...as you can imagine ) to a pub where I was tube fed copiupous amounts of alcohol dizzy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    GLASTONBURY part 2

The Good....

I'll get back to you on this stuff guys, friends called around and ambushed me and I was dragged out ( kicking and screaming...as you can imagine ) to a pub where I was tube fed copiupous amounts of alcohol dizzy beer

Poor man.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm feeling it now. :yesweneedahangoveremoticon:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    GLASTONBURY part 2

The Good....

GLASTONBURY part 2 1/2

The Good....

Having a great time with my co-workers, many of whom I know from Bristol.

Meeting new people.

The full on non-stop entertainment 24/7, a heaving mass of craziness.

Arcadia / Shangri-La, two areas on the site that were crazier ( if possible ) than anywhere else, animatronic dragons that breathed fire, discos that were on fire, a three storey building with a tubetrain sticking out of the top on fire, a disco made out of commercial airliner wings, fuselage, engines etc, add crazy cyberpunk costumes and vehicles and this was a mash up of Mad Max, Bladerunner, Reign Of Fire craziness that was as heady as fuck....an unmissable experience at night time.

All the semi-naked ( and occasionally naked ) women lick

BEER.........lots of it! beer

Seeing Boy George in an after hours bar trying not to be noticed by dancing in the middle of the floor holding a torch underneath his chin dancing to Culture Club hits.

And possibly best, and most memorable of all was me insisting to my five companions ( Melanie, Jerry, Dom and two artists from California, Ron & Chuck, all of whom protested ) that we should leave the site at 4.00 am on Monday morning to go to the top of the highest hill.
    I noticed that we were walking through thick mist and suggested it would be brilliant to find a high vantage point because I'd done it many years before to spectacular effect, my companions wanted to hit another bar but I suggested we'll take some cans with us so a compromise was reached, when we reached the top we were greeted with the most gobsmacking vista I'd seen for a long time, a thick white blanket covering the entire festival and valley floor in a superb pre-sunrise dawn light with hillsides stretching for miles ( including the famous Glastonbury Tor ) into the distance, Islands in a sea of white, a truly mystical "Arthurian moment" for sure, we stayed for the spectacular sunrise before heading back into the craziness of the festival, a truly magical few hours.
    Ron and Chuck, in particular, thanked me for what they described as the most memorable experience at the festival cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Wow, sounds fookin' brilliant, as you usually say! smile

Glastonbury - and everything that goes on in and around it - is really the MOTHER of all pop music festivals these days!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    One of the guys I was working with saw Emma Watson ( Hermione in the Harry Potter films ) in the backstage of the Pyramid surrounded by minders, this little madam needs a reality check, without the minders I doubt anyone would have noticed her.