• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009
    I think you'd love her work. Very colorful and exotic, Renaissance musical elements are her central focus.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stop going off-topic!!! angry

Now what were we talking about? Oh yeah, that's right. Interesting words.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    This thread is
    polluted.

You will
    all
    perish.
    Timmer wrote
    Vaughan Williams symphony # 3 'Pastoral',

smile
    Good story, Tim.
    Thing is that I think on those occasions everything comes together, your solitude included.
    I would put odds that had you not been alone, the experience wouldn't have been as powerful as it was.

Thanks Martijn.

You are 100% right too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Don't ever tell him that he is 100% right. Are you a fool?
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Don't ever tell him that he is 100% right.

But I am.
    I leave nothing to change or accident.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I know. I thought I made a mistake but I was wrong
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    This is really difficult to expalain. I'm not really sure if I can.

The day I got the Defiance score from online was one of those days where it rained all day.

I listened to it just as I got home from class. The place I lived was surrounded by forest. Having then seen pictures and trailers of the film, I knew how it primarily took place in the forest as well. Anyway, there seemed to be some kind of connection there. Also, the score is very soothing, perfect for a dark rainy day.

I now only listen to the score on days such as that. It being such a great experience.

I think one of my favorite things is being in a forest on dark, gloomy, and rainy days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    omaha wrote

I think one of my favorite things is being in a forest on dark, gloomy, and rainy days.

You are dark. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I once did an FSM thread about this, so rather than copy/paste the story there, I'll give you the link (in my usual style!):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=1
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    ^
    Hah! I told the same story about the Vaughan Williams piece.

Did anyone spot that it's not quite the same?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TRUE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As a man of principles I do NOT read other forums.
    Either relate the story here, or forever hold your peace!

(Actually, I'm just too lazy to even go over there. Especially now that I should be doing work on my thesis. sad )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    TRUE.

biggrin

For the record, the one related here, is, to the best of my memory, the accurate one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    But then you're thunderously hung over, so I could well imagine tomorrow you will accurately and to the best of your memory remember little gremlins trying to scoop your cerebellum out by use of a pneumatic drill today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    That's about right. The little buggers seem to have also filled my legs with wet sand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's.
    Someone on my brain.
    Some.
    THING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote
    This is really difficult to expalain. I'm not really sure if I can.

The day I got the Defiance score from online was one of those days where it rained all day.

I listened to it just as I got home from class. The place I lived was surrounded by forest. Having then seen pictures and trailers of the film, I knew how it primarily took place in the forest as well. Anyway, there seemed to be some kind of connection there. Also, the score is very soothing, perfect for a dark rainy day.

I now only listen to the score on days such as that. It being such a great experience.

Absolutely adore that score; although i haven't associated it with relevant weather / nature and surroundings' characteristics, still it's a score that's rather personal to me and i enjoy it every single time i play it; pure class by mr.JNH again.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Perhaps I wasn't as enamored with the score because the movie did little for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote
    Perhaps I wasn't as enamored with the score because the movie did little for me.

I enjoyed it much more than Valkyrie. Although, the opening North Africa scene in Valkyrie made my mouth water for a recent film being made about the events in North Africa during WWII. Maybe a film about Rommel. Maybe.
    I would have voted for Ed Harris to play him, but now he is too old. sad

Craig was excellent in Defiance.
    And JNH's score worked wonders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I will say that I found the Valkyrie score more satisfying
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    I didn't want to open a new thread so I'll post it here...

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL LINE UP

...and here's the acts I'd like to see

Snoop Dogg
    Muse
    Scissor Sisters
    Shakira
    Stevie Wonder
    Faithless
    Slash ( of Guns n' Roses )
    Orbital
    MGMT
    The Flaming Lips
    The Stranglers
    Groove Armada
    George Clinton w/ Parliament / Funkadelic

....and I'll probably be lucky to see two of those acts. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    U2 have had to pull out of headlining.

oh my word i am so devastated my life is fruitless and so empty
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    No thanks Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not a fan of the "worlds greatest band" Tom? biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    One place I'll be revisiting at Glasto is the "Pussy Parlure", it's freaky as ...&%@# and would turn D & Steven into melted gibbering wrecks. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    U2 have had to pull out of headlining.

oh my word i am so devastated my life is fruitless and so empty

What? shocked
    Saint Bono will not be present to bless your socks (provided they're not made with child labour, in an ecological fashion, environment--friendly, without carbon footprint, non-alcoholic, whale-saving, baby-loving, respectful of all religions, colours and creeds, politically left wing yet economically sound)?

Surely this is a sign of the impending the apocalypse. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    lol

They'll come to Greece thought and I'll be there! punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. But hasn't their whole tour been cancelled?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn