• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Aaargh! Not working for me either!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yikes!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    All back to normal! ( ish ) punk

smile biggrin cheesy dizzy spin wave kiss cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Enchanted

Charming, magic and romantic movie!

Menken songs are , in his style, good. The performances are funny, and the script always keeps the tone without being tedious or embracing.

This is what good-feeling movies must be!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Recorded a couple of films off tv lately and finally got round to watching them.

I, Robot - didn't expect much of this, but enjoyed it. Will Smith has a certain presence that can keep films alive, and while it could have been better, it was still OK. A very fine score.

Terminator 3 - if viewed as a comedy, it's tremendous. I think it's intended, too. Some of Arnie's one-liners are worthy of Roger Moore in James Bond's darker days. The pretty young lady who plays the nasty terminator is very easy on the eye. A great pity she didn't spend more of the film in the nude - it would truly be a great work of art had that been the case.

Also watched on Blu-Ray Michael Clayton - a very strong film with fine performances from an excellent cast. I didn't have a clue what was going on for the first half hour, but after that it settled down nicely. Could have really been bolstered with a proper score, though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Watched STARDUST at a friends house earlier, what a pile of pants ( Steven, I feel sorry for you watching this on the big screen ) but my mates kids loved it.

The score was generic rubbish with one particular piece being a very watered down version of Kilar's Dracula ( Vampire Hunters ).

Kudos to Take That who were inspired ( god knows how? ) to write a decent end titles song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    THANK YOU TIM!!! kiss beer

Finally someone else sees what a piece of garbage this film is! cheesy
  1. Timmer wrote
    Watched STARDUST at a friends house earlier, what a pile of pants ( Steven, I feel sorry for you watching this on the big screen ) but my mates kids loved it.

The score was generic rubbish with one particular piece being a very watered down version of Kilar's Dracula ( Vampire Hunters ).

Kudos to Take That who were inspired ( god knows how? ) to write a decent end titles song.

ah, what do you know of films biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote

Depends on what you'd like to know? biggrin
  2. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote

me don't wanna know anymore, I just love Stardust, movie and score wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote

You have my most sincere sympathy! wink
  3. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote

You have my most sincere sympathy! wink

sympathy for what? for having a good taste? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If that's what you want to call it. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, that's really not what we want to call it! Stardust is one of the most cliché ridden, poorly acted, overscored, badly written pieces of trash i've ever seen. Truly a stupid film, particularly inlight of some very decent films that came out in the same year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Me too. A funny, non pretentious movie.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, somebody has been waking up in the wrong side of bed lately tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Not me, I'm the Fonz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heh. "Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    biggrin thumbs
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

That's rich coming from Mr. Anti-Hollywood! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not talking about Stardust; i haven't watched it, nor have i given much attention to the score and i don't plan to do so soon; i am talking about the tone of some of your replies lately; they make me smile wink

As for Mr.Anti-Hollywood, I've been enjoying Hollywood films immensely lately, if you must know wink Apart
    the crappy ones that is heh.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I am not talking about Stardust; i haven't watched it, nor have i given much attention to the score and i don't plan to do so soon; i am talking about the tone of some of your replies lately; they make me smile wink

As for Mr.Anti-Hollywood, I've been enjoying Hollywood films immensely lately, if you must know wink Apart
    the crappy ones that is heh.

that's what we here for, to make you guys smile biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love smiling me biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I prefer:

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    Oh btw, last night i watched SILK.

Silly performances, uninteresting plot and a TREMENDOUSLY LONG and TIRING movie overall. Just some beautiful landscape shots here and a valid point there but overall, oh MY GOD, Please!!!! My (otherwise huge) appreciation for Sakamoto's gorgeous score has risen even more after having witnessed what he had to go through!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I prefer:

beer

I've changed my mind, me too!

Cheers bud beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    Michael Clayton | Tony Gilroy

Slow. And a bit boring.

Nice script, cleverly structured, very fine performances (the films saving grace to a degree)... but it was directed with very little flare. I found the whole thing static and I just couldn't care less about the story. JNH's truly awful score didn't help matters, I can't believe it got nominated for an Oscar!? If ever there was an example of the Oscars being about politics...

Big disappointment, especially after seeing American Gangster - which I'll be watching again with my peeps at uni. Now that's a great film! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "truly awful score" .........now you're talking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Michael Clayton | Tony Gilroy

Slow. And a bit boring.

Nice script, cleverly structured, very fine performances (the films saving grace to a degree)... but it was directed with very little flare. I found the whole thing static and I just couldn't care less about the story.

I have to agree with this, but don´t you think (at least I do) that it was meant to be this way? I mean to make a super cold movie, almost without a simple emotion in the characters?
    As for JNH´s score, well, nothing he could do with such a cold film but underscore it (it did shine though in one of the final sequences).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you