• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2008
    * THE INTEPRETER

Decent enough and fine acting by most parties involved, but somehow I wasn't properly immersed in the narrative. Pollack has a tendency to slow things unnecessarily down now and then; I'm not sure if the thriller format is his forte.

* 10.000 B.C.

Well, this had a very interesting premise, but was really totally stupid, riddled with narrative holes, lack of credence and really very clichéed from A to Z. I wouldn't even know where to start. But some of the spectular imagery was...well, spectacular. Except for the sabretooth. That looked like something from MONSTERS INC.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2008 edited
    American Gangster | Ridley Scott

F*cking brilliant. I'm a sucker for a good gangster pic, and this is about as good as it gets! Not much for Franzesque film essays, so I'll just express my excitement for this great film from my bodily-challenged chums:

spin cheesy punk cheesy punk cheesy spin

(The score worked well enough, although it's not something I'll be buying.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

* 10.000 B.C.

Well, this had a very interesting premise, but was really totally stupid, riddled with narrative holes, lack of credence and really very clichéed from A to Z. I wouldn't even know where to start. But some of the spectacular imagery was...well, spectacular. Except for the sabretooth. That looked like something from MONSTERS INC.

LOL! That bad eh? Boy am i glad i stayed as far as possible from that crap! Thanks to you guys who have already went through the martyr and shared your disgust with the rest of us, and of course rottentomatoes wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    American Gangster | Ridley Scott

F*cking brilliant. I'm a sucker for a good gangster pic, and this is about as good as it gets! Not much for Franzesque film essays, so I'll just express my excitement for this great film from my bodily-challenged chums:

spin cheesy punk cheesy punk cheesy spin

(The score worked well enough, although it's not something I'll be buying.)

Yeah, I thought this film was good too!

Not very convincing as older characters at the end but that's a minor quibble.

Don't remember the score at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

* 10.000 B.C.

Well, this had a very interesting premise, but was really totally stupid, riddled with narrative holes, lack of credence and really very clichéed from A to Z. I wouldn't even know where to start. But some of the spectacular imagery was...well, spectacular. Except for the sabretooth. That looked like something from MONSTERS INC.

LOL! That bad eh? Boy am i glad i stayed as far as possible from that crap! Thanks to you guys who have already went through the martyr and shared your disgust with the rest of us, and of course rottentomatoes wink

The whole thing looked stoopid right from the first glimpse I saw and it's just jumping on the Apocalypto bandwagon.

It's got prehistoric beasties so I'll watch it when it's on DVD.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But i heard that even Apocalypto was way better?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    But i heard that even Apocalypto was way better?

Apocalypto is a great, though very bloody romp that I really enjoyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, APOCALYPTO is a whole other animal, an effort to actually make a BELIEVABLE portrait of the ancient culture. Fine film.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Beuwolf

At least I tried to do that....I arrived at home from Work..And I tried to watch the movie.

I felt sleep 30 minutes later...because i was tired and because I found the movie was bad:

1- Because This forced "camera" angles, making this impossible shots.
    2-Because this kind of animation dinamics, ironically when you try to make a realistic animation movie.
    3- I think the Anthony Hopkins and other actors animation (specially when they are talkig) is mediocre.

Anyway....I have to watch the rest of the movie.
  1. I turned off APOCALYPTO about 40% through. Whatever language they were talking in, it's hard to believe the Mayan civilization at its height featured tribal families sitting round having more serious versions of the tribal gatherings spoofed in the opening of THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY. The violence is pretty juvenile as well - I'm not too keen on the idea of enjoying such gratuitous stuff, because realistic or not, visceral enjoyment is what the film is trying to excite.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2008 edited
    10,000 BC

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    See now I'm curious about this film. biggrin
  2. I must say this 10000 BC film sounds like the 'Best 'Worst' ' film since FAREWELL TO THE KING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It is quite possibly the most extravagant waste of time, effort and money, that has resulted in a motion picture, in recent memory.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Steven wrote
    See now I'm curious about this film. biggrin

hehe! biggrin

I'm kinda with you there!! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I must say this 10000 BC film sounds like the 'Best 'Worst' ' film since FAREWELL TO THE KING.

For all it's faults ( the excellent score not being one of them ) I really enjoyed this film.

You can shoot me now! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    Beuwolf

At least I tried to do that....I arrived at home from Work..And I tried to watch the movie.

I felt sleep 30 minutes later...because i was tired and because I found the movie was bad:

1- Because This forced "camera" angles, making this impossible shots.
    2-Because this kind of animation dinamics, ironically when you try to make a realistic animation movie.
    3- I think the Anthony Hopkins and other actors animation (specially when they are talkig) is mediocre.

Anyway....I have to watch the rest of the movie.

I confirm what I said in my earlier post, but the movie improved in the second half. The battle with the dragon is quite impressive..

Anyway Im sure Zemeckis could have been done a better movie, devoloping more the dialogues and the characters with real actors.... Sad.

6/10
  3. I watched LA DOLCE VITA tonight. In a word, a film worthy of its reputation. I feel very sad that my culture (or most around the world these days) can't seem to produce movies like this.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't found a good movie I've really enjoyed for a while now.

I like it when I rent a random film and it rocks. Sahara instantly comes to mind. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008 edited
    ?

'quote' isn't working?

I just tried quoting various people here and nothing happens, anyone else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    ?

'quote' isn't working?

I just tried quoting various people here and nothing happens, anyone else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Weird?

Well, I still couldn't quote you quoting me?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And now I find out that though I can edit myself I can't add smilies????

confused
    ^
    unless I write them in?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    And now I find out that though I can edit myself I can't add smilies????

confused
    ^
    unless I write them in?

TEST

It's working ok for me. confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Anthony but NOPE! still nothing confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    THE FORUMS ARE IMPLODING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :panic:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nobody eles having the same problem as me?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've signed off, I've re-signed in, I've turned the computer off / on confused

I'm not getting these problems on FSM or anywhere else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    I've signed off, I've re-signed in, I've turned the computer off / on confused

I'm not getting these problems on FSM or anywhere else.

Euhm. Perhaps clean the cache of your browser?
    Go to the menu Extra, choose Internet Options and clear the Cache. smile
    Kazoo