• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I read yesterday about circles of Avatar fanatics who have been depressed since it came out because they're disappointed with our world and are trying to find ways to cope with life away from Avatar.

Let me guess: those that are depressed forgot to turn in their 3D glasses?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    I read yesterday about circles of Avatar fanatics who have been depressed since it came out because they're disappointed with our world and are trying to find ways to cope with life away from Avatar.

Just look around this gorgeous planet, smell the roses and see just how beautiful, diverse and epic it is!!!

These people seriously need to get out more and lead a life.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Correction:

"cope with life away from Avatar."

Was meant to be:

"cope with life away from Pandora.

Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Just look around this gorgeous planet, smell the roses and see just how beautiful, diverse and epic it is!!!

Completely agree with you. I mean, come on, it IS a great movie, but get a life.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The world in Avatar is more beautiful than this ball of crap can possibly hope to be.

Why? In Avatar mankind is not the dominant species.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris

2. there are weird people on this planet dizzy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But Sunil says Avatar wasn't a success 'cause it didn't touch people's hearts.
  3. Christodoulides wrote

I guess it affected not their hearts, but their minds smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

If Sunil said it it must be true!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Where did you read that??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, i stick to my comment very firmly. Avatar didn't touch people's hearts as like Titanic. If you say Titanic is a great film, i will agree, but not Avatar.

Ok! you guys are amazed just because you all have seen in 3D, but did anybody here have seen this movie in 2D version?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

If Sunil said it it must be true!

Exactly. kiss biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Where did you read that??

There's some links above smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, i stick to my comment very firmly. Avatar didn't touch people's hearts as like Titanic. If you say Titanic is a great film, i will agree, but not Avatar.

Ok! you guys are amazed just because you all have seen in 3D, but did anybody here have seen this movie in 2D version?

Mmmkay. And that's because Avatar didn't make you waste a box of tissues when watching it? 'Cause you know, i can picture you as young, and fragile little sensitive fella who would go bananas with crying over Leo's death and all. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote

Mmmkay. And that's because Avatar didn't make you waste a box of tissues when watching it? 'Cause you know, i can picture you as young, and fragile little sensitive fella who would go bananas with crying over Leo's death and all. wink

No, its not like that. I liked Titanic because of wonderful storytelling with wonderful characterization and excellent special effects and most importantly, excellent score by James Horner. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same can be said about Avatar my friend wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Same can be said about Avatar my friend wink

But my friend, in the climax Sam don't die and no emotional music. biggrin bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sigourney Weaver dies. And there's emotional music. As for Titanic, Leo's dying was a relief for me! That annoying prick!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    As for Titanic, Leo's dying was a relief for me! That annoying prick!

I think you are so jealous about Leo. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jealous that she got the fat chicK? No thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jealous that she got the fat chicK? No thanks.

lol but she is better than Neytiri... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sigourney Weaver dies. And there's emotional music. As for Titanic, Leo's dying was a relief for me! That annoying prick!

If he'd died in the first ten minutes then I might want to watch the film again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I agree with you on this one Sunil. Or at least I see your point. I mean I do think Avatar is a great movie (maybe it´s too soon for everybody to appreciate it), but not as great or touching as Titanic was / is. Titanic wasn´t the most original story ever (neither is Avatar) but it had something (maybe the sum of all of its elements: production design, performances, photography, music, the charm of the ship, a universal love story, etc) that made it a movie one step above Avatar (which is a colder movie IMO). Using your words, I agree, Titanic touched me in a way Avatar didn´t. That said, after watching Avatar twice I can say it gets better in a second viewing, where you already know what happens and can focus on discovering new things about the movie, and trust me, there´s plenty of them.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Only time will tell if AVATAR will stand as iconically in film history or James Cameron's career as TITANIC - or ALIENS and the TERMINATOR films, for that matter. It's a bit too early to tell. I wouldn't be surprised, though. It's quite the cultural "happening" or phenomenon already.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Cheers mate! slant rolleyes

That'll teach me for reading this thread. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Spoiler tags D, spoiler tags!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not that important to the story anyway. I am sorry.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Cheers mate! slant rolleyes

That'll teach me for reading this thread. angry

But it's perhaps not as bad as [spoiler]Michelle Rodriguez getting killed.[/spoiler] sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

If he'd died in the first ten minutes then I might want to watch the film again.

He is quite annoying in that film. Thankfully he turned into a fine actor, one that I'm a fan of (just not in Titanic).