• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Maybe there are similar characters, I don't deny that, in real life, but he was made over the top from his first scene. The quote that "you're not in kansas anymore"?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    He reminded me of some of my senior officers in the army. Nothing out of this world or tremendously unrealistic really. I don't get why people are so surprised with him. There are so many people in this world, especially in army-centered nations like the US, which leave and breath through the army and their uniforms.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe there are similar characters, I don't deny that, in real life, but he was made over the top from his first scene. The quote that "you're not in kansas anymore"?

Well army officers frequently try and give out speeches like that to try and uplift their troops when a difficult situation is coming up. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff i've heard...this, in the movie, isn't that far-stretched really smile
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe there are similar characters, I don't deny that, in real life, but he was made over the top from his first scene. The quote that "you're not in kansas anymore"?

There's not a lot of strong original dialogue in the film, and nearly all the jokes fall flat. The actors and animators manage to bring it to life, however. The dialogue scene prior to the 'marriage night' is very nicely done.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. What I meant is that it all was over the top. Regarding the dialogues, I did like Jake's voiceovers.
  4. oops, wrong thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited

For second time.

I went with my mother, who doesn't go very much to the cinema. She doesn't like the fantasy.....

SHE LOVED THE MOVIE! at the end she asked me " the 3 hours are over?". She wanted moooore.

I enjoyed the movie a little bit more this time. I still think it's really boring at places, and Cameron really had to make a better script or delete 20 minutes of film. being said that, the experience of the movie is really AMAZING. Pandora looks gorgeous! and I probably I will go a third time. (because i don't have plans to buy a 3d television in a near future :P )

PS: I talked with a lot of people, and everybody seems to love this movie (even watching it in 2d). That's why this weekend the movies only drop a 2 % and it's n 1 again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    Steven, you said you watched it ? What are your opinions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven, you said you watched it ? What are your opinions?

Positive. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks, i just read your post. I am very glad you liked it! I personally never called it a masterpiece, although i do believe it's quite close wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
  5. Totally lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods

Brilliant!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Hehehe, good one! Reminds me of this one cheesy
  6. lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never seen either of those. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010

biggrin It seems to me that Disney may sue Cameron. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    It's funny, but it's telling you the obvious. The story smelled Pocahontas, even from the trailers. But AVATAR is light years better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited
    I saw the movie recently and I like it a lot. However, most of the score is buried under the soundeffects... or was simply not too obvious because I only "heard" it when familiar themes popped up. (Glory) Anyway, I still have to buy the score though. I am not the buy buy buy Horner Horner Horner guy anymore... smile Btw... I immensely enjoy the new Innerspace release. What a fun/interesting score.

http://www.neobux.com/?r=Neonovostrom
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    You saw it at the cinema? If yes, the combination of sound / music should be pretty ok.

Good news everyone, 2 more AVATAR sequels being planned, as it was originally intended to be a trilogy, as Cameron says.

Read on:
    James Cameron Planning 'Avatar' Trilogy, Director Tells MTV News

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/12/21/ja … -mtv-news/
  7. indeed, I thought the music got a lot of space to work its magic upon you, without being interrupted by the sound effects, I thought it was just the right way how filmmusic needed to be presented inside a movie. Like LOTR, at the right time loud as hell punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Blood hell. That's going be an expensive trilogy!
  8. Steven wrote
    Blood hell. That's going be an expensive trilogy!

don't worry, all that invested money will find its way back to James smile
    no trouble at all
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think it has the prospect to reach the levels of quality of the LOTR trilogy, in all aspects.
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    I think it has the prospect to reach the levels of quality of the LOTR trilogy, in all aspects.

the only question is, what will he bring of story? I mean what kind of direction can he go with? More people invading Pandora? nope, that's the first film

Very interested to see where this will be going

As long as it's pure blockbuster movies and not more documentaries, he can make as much Avatar's as he wants
  10. While I wouldn't resist an AVATAR sequel, now that (SPOILER) Jake has become one of them (END SPOILER), the story is over for me. I would love if Cameron turned his skills to a whole new palette and let AVATAR be the one standalone movie of the last 20 years that didn't really need a sequel.
  11. franz_conrad wrote
    While I wouldn't resist an AVATAR sequel, now that (SPOILER) Jake has become one of them (END SPOILER), the story is over for me. I would love if Cameron turned his skills to a whole new palette and let AVATAR be the one standalone movie of the last 20 years that didn't really need a sequel.

I know, that's why I'm really interested to see where he could lead us next, perhaps Battle Angel can dry our thirsts first smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    While I wouldn't resist an AVATAR sequel, now that (SPOILER) Jake has become one of them (END SPOILER), the story is over for me. I would love if Cameron turned his skills to a whole new palette and let AVATAR be the one standalone movie of the last 20 years that didn't really need a sequel.

I know, that's why I'm really interested to see where he could lead us next, perhaps Battle Angel can dry our thirsts first smile

Imagine if he hired Zimmer for the sequel...!

(sitting back and awaiting for Jordi to read this)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He can read it but he can't say it! ( ain't that right Mr Ford )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote

Agreed! It felt like a one-off to me, and that's how I would rather it stayed.

Christodoulides wrote

Give me Avatar any day over The Lord of the Long Winded Movies.

But as far as the scores go, I'd take Shore's magnificent works over Horner's fine effort in a heartbeat.