• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    My grandma needed to have a surgery today for removing the cataract of one of her eyes. Next week would be the other eye. Apparently the surgeon had to stop the laser from doing its work because the little bag that was used for the lens in her eye was not strong enough (anymore?). She's one month away from being 90 and now she has one week the time to undergo a full-body coma/narcose surgery (not sure how to say it?) at a university hospital at the other side of the country, to get the cataract removed. Obviously, at such an age, a full narcose is not so simple anymore. If not, then she will not be have it removed again, and the pressure in her eyes will rise causing her sight to go bad.

She's very sad, also because it's quite a standard affair and before it was her turn, already 3 other older people did the same and encouraged her. It's rather weird and I'm not sure what to make of it. For her age, she's still very fit and a happy woman, to which I pay a regular visit. She always has a bottle of beer ready too.

I hope all will be all right! It would be terrible if she wouldn't celebrate the 90.

You're lucky to still have your grandmother around at that age. My own are "only" in their mid 80's, and the one on my dad's side has very poor health.

Hope her sight operation thingie works out!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012
    All power to your Gran, Bregt beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. My thoughts are with you and your Granny, Bregt.

Big hug,

Elin hug
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Strange coincidence. My granny had a small operation yesterday too. She is ok now. Don't worry sweet Bregt! Everything is going to be fine! My thoughts and prayers will be with her. hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I hope everything goes fine Bregt. Best wishes! wink kiss
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Bregt,

Have you noticed you get hugs from the girls on this boards, but kisses from the guy(s).
    I think this comment about you and Martijn's relationship is coming across. biggrin
    My congratulations on that one, BTW...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Bregt,

Have you noticed you get hugs from the girls on this boards, but kisses from the guy(s).

Is kissing god even possible?
  3. Marselus wrote
    Is kissing god even possible?

I'm not sure, but kissing Bregt shouldn't be a problem. Although something tells me he would probably prefer kissing girls (besides Martijn, of course)...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    We should all kiss Bregt more often.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote

applause
  4. Thor wrote

don't worry Bregt, I still shake you hand, won't want to offend the potential girls that might be watching wink
    or attract the guys that might be watching too dizzy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    don't worry Bregt, I still shake you hand, won't want to offend the potential girls that might be watching wink
    or attract the guys that might be watching too dizzy

Well, I have heard from a couple of guys that it can be rather irritating if they appear on another man's gaydar.
    But then again, I'm sure Bregt is man enough to deal with that punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
    Too much man love going on here, I think it's near time for a regimine of press-ups for you silky boys here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Too much man love going on here

biggrin
  6. Just watched this short clip of Noah Wyle (Carter of ER) arriving at LAX, shows you how annoying the paparazzi guys can be. Even though they don't do anything wrong, they just keep shooting pictures of a normal couple arriving at an airport, unloading their luggage and watching after their children. Noah's reaction is the right one, it bothers him but he just lets it slide

still, shows you how brutal the paparazzi can wait for a moment you slip out of your role, luckily for Noah this wasn't it

Pfff, paparazzi shame Clip
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. And here's Will Smith, doing the exact opposite.

Bless him!

And that wasn't even a slap, just a mild touch of the cheek.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012
    That was the perfect reaction. Not hard enough to be described as violence, but essentially the body language equivalent of saying "Hey buddy, there's such a thing as personal space!".

Peter smile
  8. Elderly woman treated horribly

Just look and shake your head in disbelief at this poor woman being bullied by a couple of monstrous kids.

The mental abuse she takes for 10 minutes is just beyond words. crazy

Here's a news bulletin.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Elderly woman treated horribly

Just look and shake your head in disbelief at this poor woman being bullied by a couple of monstrous kids.

The mental abuse she takes for 10 minutes is just beyond words. crazy

Here's a news bulletin.

I'm not sure I want to see that. I hate that stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I thought that too, Thor. I've seen so much of this sort of thing already that I don't need to see any more.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Holy cow, I'm annoyed too, watching that video. Karma is on the way though. The kids' names are out, and they're going to be in huge trouble, and donations to the old woman are through the roof. All in all a happy ending.

Things like this happen all the time though where the kids unfortunately aren't dumb enough to film it and post it online.

Peter slant
  10. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I thought that too, Thor. I've seen so much of this sort of thing already that I don't need to see any more.

I can understand that we don't want to acknowledge the fact that such vile acts exists, but sadly we live in a world where such things have become commonplace, and the internet makes it so we know it exists in a couple of seconds, and that doesn't do any good.

It lifts my spirits that the woman will be compensated for the abuse. And those fucked-up brats punished (hopefully).
  11. I thought that this might happen - saying I did not want to watch it would be some sort of sign of denying that this sort of thing happens.

I am acutely aware that this sort of thing happens all the time. I don't need to watch another example of it and to tut-tut at the footage.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  12. Which was exactly my reaction, with the tut-tut in my language of course.

Maybe in 10-20 years time, after I've seen enough of the depraved acts of mankind I'll have the same reaction you have now.

But what I really wanted to say is that the internet has definitely done its share in showing everyone of us how low we as a species can really go. So ignorance really must be bliss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012
    I find myself avoiding more and more people, places, and things. Being alone has its advantages.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What is annoying me very much is that my wife just said "your friend Demetris is hot!"

Divorce on the way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012 edited
    shocked biggrin
    That's the reason I haven't shown Demetris to my boyfriend! He will want to break up with me!
    What's annoying me... myself! So many things have happened in the past few weeks and somehow I blame myself for everything which is of course not the case! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mes amis, I'll be off for a bit.
    I'll be back though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  13. Martijn wrote
    Mes amis, I'll be off for a bit.
    I'll be back though.

You are always a little bit off, Martijn. biggrin
    We still love you, though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012
    I'm looking for a mike stand adapter and am fast coming to the conclusion the cost might end up coming close to the entire mic. stand which includes the adapter, yikes.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!