• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
    You never know when you need a plastic box.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    You never know when you need a plastic box.

Well, I hope my container-nappers did that while the garbage was still in there...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  2. Update: I have to go to the police to file an actual report on this 'theft'. Otherwise the thiefs could use my container to dump their garbage and I would have to pay for it.

So tomorrow I'll go and say hi to the police...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012 edited
    Good luck!

Today, I got an UNexpected 10.000 NOK (about $1700) backlash on the tax report, which is both weird and annoying since I hardly made a nickel last year. This is extremely annoying, especially considering all the other high costs I have lined up (including an expensive US trip) and very low income. There will be a severe blow to my shrinking savings account in the following months. I have no idea how I'm going to solve it at this particular time.

Very annoying. Ruins the day.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Update: I have to go to the police to file an actual report on this 'theft'. Otherwise the thiefs could use my container to dump their garbage and I would have to pay for it.

So tomorrow I'll go and say hi to the police...

ah, how wondrous the laws of Belgium seem to be
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Thor, are you sure they didn't make an error?
    I wouldn't pay a cent, or a NOK in your case, before I got a clear explanation.
    Can't you contact the tax services and ask for more info?

Elin
  5. Thor wrote
    Good luck!

Today, I got an UNexpected 10.000 NOK (about $1700) backlash on the tax report, which is both weird and annoying since I hardly made a nickel last year. This is extremely annoying, especially considering all the other high costs I have lined up (including an expensive US trip) and very low income. There will be a severe blow to my shrinking savings account in the following months. I have no idea how I'm going to solve it at this particular time.

Very annoying. Ruins the day.

damn, that bites
    hope you can find a solution without having to cancel any trips, or sell any things
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. I know what you mean Thor. I'd been keeping back some earnings over the last year to take care of tax but forgot about NI contributions. Bang! Find an additional £1000+. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012
    Shit, that's a lot of money you both have to return! How is that possible in your case Thor?

What are NI contributions Alan?
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    Shit, that's a lot of money you both have to return! How is that possible in your case Thor?

It's 'National Insurance' and is a contribution made as a percentage of wages that goes towards some types of state benefits. It is a mix of these wages-based contributions and a fixed amount too. I had paid the fixed part but had forgotten that there would be an additional amount once I had submitted my earnings.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Somebody stole my garbage container today.
    Not really sure why somebody would want to steal it.

Because they are collectors.
    Garbage collectors.

ROFLOLCOPTER!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

I have no idea how it's possible. I'll have to investigate. Most likely, they're right, though, and I've overlooked something when I filled out my report. Or have had too low a tax percentage during the year (which I doubt).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012
    I'm still registered as a freelancer, while I haven't done freelance work in two years... I have to pay 'something' each month and we are kind of hoping I get something back when I change the freelance status... with retrospective effect.

I hate taking care of these kind of things... it's probably just a couple of clicks and then done, but I've been postponing this for two years now
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

I have no idea how it's possible. I'll have to investigate. Most likely, they're right, though, and I've overlooked something when I filled out my report. Or have had too low a tax percentage during the year (which I doubt).

It's likely something like a changes tax law you weren't aware of: some deductibles that are no longer deductible. Stuff like that. I'm usually very thorough, but this happened to me a few times.
    Never to the tune of 1700 dollars though! shocked That is a LOT of money.

I would actually be inclined to agree with Elin: have a chat with them. It simply seems to be too much to be a random mistake or oversight, and with all the trouble last year -the litigation on the house and whatnot- it is likely -to my mind- that some settlement or payment has been taken into account that actually only exists on paper!

slant
    Good luck, Thor.
    I do hope it all works out.

And I can't help but wonder how many babies you ate in a previous incarnation to deserve this kind of karma.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Martijn wrote
    I would actually be inclined to agree with Elin: have a chat with them.

I must have said something right if Martijn agrees with me. spin

If you'd be a Belgian citizen, I would have told you: contact my uncle. He works for the IRS and he's a gem when it comes down to sorting this stuff out.
    Because you're Norwegian, you'll have to find your own go-to guy I'm afraid.

Martijn wrote
    And I can't help but wonder how many babies you ate in a previous incarnation to deserve this kind of karma.

ROTFLOL...
    I don't know what I did right in my previous life, but I did install a central heating system in my house in this one. So when you add that to my morgage payments for my house and some other stuff I can declare to th IRS and I'm getting 6600 Euro's BACK from these nice people this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, THAT is a nice amount! shocked That'll be a good day when it is returned.
    Kazoo
  9. Bregt wrote
    Wow, THAT is a nice amount! shocked That'll be a good day when it is returned.

It is a nice amount, but to be honnest, it's just going to (partially) fill the hole the central heating put into my bank account. But yeah, it should be returned September/October, so I might buy you guys 1 round of drinks beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012 edited
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I would actually be inclined to agree with Elin: have a chat with them.

I must have said something right if Martijn agrees with me. spin

Logically, if you'd said something wrong, I wouldn't have agreed. :pedantic:
    And agreeing with you has nothing to do with those weak knees and butterflies in stomachs Dutch men oddly always seem to get when confronted with Flemish girls. Nothing. At All.

Martijn wrote

ROTFLOL...
    I don't know what I did right in my previous life, but I did install a central heating system in my house in this one. So when you add that to my morgage payments for my house and some other stuff I can declare to th IRS and I'm getting 6600 Euro's BACK from these nice people this year.

Clearly you're the one who killed Thor in his previous baby-eating incarnation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    it should be returned September/October, so I might buy you guys 1 round of drinks beer

We will so remind you this one.... kiss beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  10. Martijn wrote
    Logically, if you'd said something wrong, I wouldn't have agreed. :pedantic:
    And agreeing with you has nothing to do with those weak knees and butterflies in stomachs Dutch men oddly always seem to get when confronted with Flemish girls. Nothing. At All.

So if I now confront you about please, pretty please coming down to Ghent during the WSA, will you also get weak in the knees?
    I'm not beneath groveling here, to get you to come down...

Martijn wrote

punk
    So I guess you better be nice to me in this one, Martijn...

Marselus wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    so I might buy you guys 1 round of drinks beer

We will so remind you this one.... kiss beer

Please remark the word might in my statement.
    It depends on my mood, and that depends on how you guys treat me. biggrin
    But if Martijn comes down, I will definitey buy him a beer...

Is it getting kinda obvious I want Martijn to come down to this year's WSA?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012
    Quite.

I tried to git him to Belgium once, but never succeeded. And when he was here for a concert, he didn't let us know! angry tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn prefers to be the dark, mysterious man that no one really knows.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No one knows him but his Port, a bit like Shaft really except no one knows him but his woman, Shaft, John Shaft.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Martijn prefers to be the dark, mysterious man that no one really knows.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    I love Vangelis music but never EVER liked his CHARIOTS OF FIRE theme, having watched quite a lot of Olympics coverage I'll be very happy if I NEVER hear it again. crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote

So if I now confront you about please, pretty please coming down to Ghent during the WSA, will you also get weak in the knees?

Luckily for me the accent carries over very poorly in writing.
    Your spells will not work unless heard, oh Siren of the South!

Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote

punk
    So I guess you better be nice to me in this one, Martijn...

...but clearly you're the nicest Siren ever! Clever too! And beautiful! And kind to your elders!

Skating_Lientje wrote
    But if Martijn comes down, I will definitey buy him a beer...

Beer? angry vomit
    My tastes are slightly more refined.
    wine champagne drink christmas_drunk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    No one knows him but his Port, a bit like Shaft really except no one knows him but his woman, Shaft, John Shaft.

I know nothing but my port, a bit like sherry really except no one knows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I love Vangelis music but never EVER liked his CHARIOTS OF FIRE theme, having watched quite a lot of Olympics coverage I'll be very happy if I NEVER hear it again. crazy

Really? shocked
    I agree it really is massively and horrendously over(ab)used over the last thirty years, but I still think it's a cracker of a theme!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really? shocked
    I agree it really is massively and horrendously over(ab)used over the last thirty years, but I still think it's a cracker of a theme!

Horses for corses and all that, even my main man John Barry thought the theme was fabulous....oh well shame rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Horses for corpses.