• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012 edited
    utelark wrote
    poor you, i know a couple of people who suffer from migranes lately, might it be the weather?

Weather is a migraine trigger. I suffer from migraines, and weather is one of the main reasons. I freezing when a weather change is expected sad
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Marselus wrote
    Weather is a migraine trigger. I suffer from migraines, and weather is one of the main reasons. I freezing when a weather change is expected sad

Hmm, Marcel...
    Great minds think alike...
    Great heads suffer migraines together?
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Marselus wrote

Hmm, Marcel...
    Great minds think alike...
    Great heads suffer migraines together?

So it would seem wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
    I've suffered migraines in the past too, not fun at all. I've still suffered the odd one here and there over the past few years but they are nowhere near the crippling ones I used to get in my 20's and early 30's. I'm in total sympathy with you two and anyone else who has suffered, those people who have never had one have no idea how mind blowingly bad they can be.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I'm in total sympathy with you two and anyone else who has suffered, those people who have never had one have no idea how mind blowingly bad they can be.

Indeed, sometimes people tend to confuse migraine with a simple headache (as harsh as it can be). Migraine plays in another league, a very painful one sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It does! When I've had really bad ones in the past my mind goes haywire, there's a part that wants to destroy in the most appalling ways anything and anyone that annoys you as well as wanting to take a hammer and smash your own head open to "release" it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    as well as wanting to take a hammer and smash your own head open to "release" it.

The idea of smashing my head against a wall has crossed my mind plenty of times during a crysis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    currently working on a CD label program that is not going well. I'm having difficulty getting them lined up.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. I"m in luck... My migraines have migrated from the smashing my head against the wall while throwing up because of the pain, to downright obnoxious, unable to function (or play well with others) but managable with pain medication.

Because it became (mostly) managable, for a while I thought they weren't migraines (just headaches)... But some of the tell-tale signs were just too obvious (the very specific localisation fo the pain (always behind my right eye), the timing (quite hormonally driven), the different instigators...).

The doctor made sure I was convinced it was indeed a migraine, just not as bad as the ones I had when I was 13...

SO all in all, I'm in luck.

Just doesn't feel like it when I'm stuck in my bed for the next 12h or so...

E.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Elin, my gal, GET BETTER!!!

kiss
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Temperamental internet. Grrrr!

Some sites load as normal, others are really sluggish or don't load at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    Fell down last night in the bathroom as my leg just gave out. Of course I had a difficult time getting up. I did and am okay now. It is just a situation where you never know when it is going to fail, yikes.
    Tom
  4. sdtom wrote
    Fell down last night in the bathroom as my leg just gave out. Of course I had a difficult time getting up. I did and am okay now. It is just a situation where you never know when it is going to fail, yikes.
    Tom

I'm happy to hear you are fine.
    But I can't imagine what it must feel like to have a body member just failing on you...
    You have my sympathy and I wish that things will keep improving for you.
  5. sdtom wrote
    Tom

Glad that you haven't injured yourself too seriously (just bruises?) There's so many hard surfaces to bang your head against bathrooms can be dangerous places.

Tom, do you have the option of keeping a "panic button" with you in case you fall again? I suppose it will cost a significant amount of money but it may be worth considering. Especially if you are living by yourself.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is a panic button in the bathroom and I would have used it if I couldn't have gotten up. I was finally able to pull myself up to my knees by getting a grip on a bathtub handle.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn Tom, that's a unlucky accident. Bathrooms are dangerous!
    Kazoo
  6. Had only 3 hours sleep last night. Not enough, even for me. By the time I went to bed it was just beginning to get light.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
    What did you do that you went to bed so late???
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. I was waiting up for my brother to arrive from Scotland. Leaving home at 9:00pm he didn't arrive until almost 2. It was almost 3 by the time I went to bed.

And I had to get up at 6 to make sure we was up and out for 7:30am - for a classic car gathering at Tatton Park.

I am beginning to flag now!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not an annoyance but a little sadness when I look at my cat Gomez, he's an "old" boy now at 15 years old and I can see that he's slower and his doppelganger "Mr Sparky" rarely appears anymore, he sleeps far more too. Still, he is healthy and hopefully will have a few more years yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Not an annoyance but a little sadness when I look at my cat Gomez, he's an "old" boy now at 15 years old and I can see that he's slower and his doppelganger "Mr Sparky" rarely appears anymore, he sleeps far more too. Still, he is healthy and hopefully will have a few more years yet.

15 years ago....that was even before I saw your name at the FSM boards.

How much is that in human years?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have a little fever. slant I probably overdid myself the past weeks and didn't take enough rest. It's also been very hot at work, and I might have caught a cold or so.

We were planning to see Moonrise Kingdom, but I'll stay home tonight. slant
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

15 years ago....that was even before I saw your name at the FSM boards.

How much is that in human years?

I5 years of course! wink

I don't know anything about those cat/dog years thing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I have a little fever. slant I probably overdid myself the past weeks and didn't take enough rest. It's also been very hot at work, and I might have caught a cold or so.

Doctor Tim advices putting feet up, hot drinks and a good film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Doesn't sound bad!
    Kazoo
  8. Bregt wrote

I don't know what it is, but almost all my friends (and me as well) have been feeling under the weather.
    Must be something in the air?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012
    I had another relapse of the flu yet again. I get the feeling that the public is not being told all that is going on with this strain. We've had 4 deaths that are indirectly related to this flu this year. I grant you I'm in a very senior building but 4 of 144 is still significant. It lead to stroke symptoms with me and has caused a heart attack, pneumonia, and a fatal stroke.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012 edited
    My grandma needed to have a surgery today for removing the cataract of one of her eyes. Next week would be the other eye. Apparently the surgeon had to stop the laser from doing its work because the little bag that was used for the lens in her eye was not strong enough (anymore?). She's one month away from being 90 and now she has one week the time to undergo a full-body coma/narcose surgery (not sure how to say it?) at a university hospital at the other side of the country, to get the cataract removed. Obviously, at such an age, a full narcose is not so simple anymore. If not, then she will not be have it removed again, and the pressure in her eyes will rise causing her sight to go bad.

She's very sad, also because it's quite a standard affair and before it was her turn, already 3 other older people did the same and encouraged her. It's rather weird and I'm not sure what to make of it. For her age, she's still very fit and a happy woman, to which I pay a regular visit. She always has a bottle of beer ready too.

I hope all will be all right! It would be terrible if she wouldn't celebrate the 90.
    Kazoo
  9. It's always a risk indeed, a full narcose surgery at such an age. Hopefully everything goes well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  10. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Bregt wrote

I don't know what it is, but almost all my friends (and me as well) have been feeling under the weather.
    Must be something in the air?

not something in the air, but the air itself. Monday was a horrible day, pure spring temperatures. 13 degrees, windy and raining. Almost 15 degrees difference from a week ago. I'm down with a cold and sore throat myself, hopefully it will be over next week
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh