• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    When a country has fjords, it damn sure is high on the list of best country in the world. That is a fact. angry

Well, NEW ZEALAND would certainly be on my list of 'Greatest Country', fjords, huge mountains, rain forest, volcanoes, geysers, a fantastic and incredibly varied coastline, a temperate weather and friendly people with proper pubs ( yeah, proper pubs just like they have here in Britain cool ) ....I spent two of the best months of my life in that country.

Indeed. I'd love to go there. I'd also love to visit Australia, which seems equally impressive in natural diversity. Perhaps both of these could be visited in "one go", although it would be tremendously expensive.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Not necessarily true but it certainly takes being in a country longer than a few weeks to really sink into it's structure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    When a country has fjords, it damn sure is high on the list of best country in the world. That is a fact. angry

Well, NEW ZEALAND would certainly be on my list of 'Greatest Country', fjords, huge mountains, rain forest, volcanoes, geysers, a fantastic and incredibly varied coastline, a temperate weather and friendly people with proper pubs ( yeah, proper pubs just like they have here in Britain cool ) ....I spent two of the best months of my life in that country.

Indeed. I'd love to go there. I'd also love to visit Australia, which seems equally impressive in natural diversity. Perhaps both of these could be visited in "one go", although it would be tremendously expensive.

I was only in Australia for just over 2 months, nowhere near enough for such a BIG country.

Lee ( LSH ) recently spent about 6 months out there.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nine actually (though six of them travelling), and yet I still didn't see anywhere near as much as I would have liked. I want to see New Zealand properly at some point - I've visited before (family) but I was only there for about four weeks and I didn't get the chance to explore (I was only 14). Loved what I did see though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Most countries are very enjoyable, when you're a tourist, or visiting. How's the financial and job-finding state in New Zealand?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

Oh. They have pubs too! My friend was there for a month (he did a crazy jump with a chair! Perhaps you worked there?) and said the cities weren't very interesting.

Timmer wrote
    Not necessarily true but it certainly takes being in a country longer than a few weeks to really sink into it's structure.

Oh I'm sure it is. But I loved the fjords in Norway. It was my first hike trip, so I have only good memories of it. A 'romantic' image. As we do mostly when we are on holidays right?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    smile You can't really form a full opinion on a country unless you also work there a bit, imo.

ESPECIALLY if that work involves bungee jumping.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    'a romantic image' ...very true Bregt.

As for cities in New Zealand, your friend is probably partly right but on a social level they're great.

'Crazy jump with a chair'? Sounds like some kind of bungee alternative??
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Most countries are very enjoyable, when you're a tourist, or visiting. How's the financial and job-finding state in New Zealand?

Considering I have no plans to go back in the immediate future I haven't got a clue.

With THE HOBBIT coming up I'm sure there'll be plenty of employment for a year or so for people who are short and have big hairy feet biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Considering I have no plans to go back in the immediate future I haven't got a clue.

With THE HOBBIT coming up I'm sure there'll be plenty of employment for a year or so for people who are short and have big hairy feet biggrin

Finally, a job for Jordi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

A disturbing image.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Finally, a job for Jordi!

biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Pain! I have a strange pain in my stomach area for days and I went to the doctor's today. He told me he doesn't think it's something serious but for good measure he told me to have a series of blood tests and ultrasounds in my internal organs, you know liver, kidneys and so forth. Hope it's nothing serious. sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. Stavroula wrote
    Pain! I have a strange pain in my stomach area for days and I went to the doctor's today. He told me he doesn't thing it's something serious but for good measure he told me to have a series of blood tests and ultrasounds in my internal organs, you know liver, kidneys and so forth. Hope it's nothing serious. sad

hug

Hopefully it's nothing serious girl, get better soon kiss
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you Thomas! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Bregt, we need a HUG icon smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavi, i wish you all the best. My thoughts are with you!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My best too Stavi, and something quickly fixable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Pain! I have a strange pain in my stomach area for days and I went to the doctor's today. He told me he doesn't thing it's something serious but for good measure he told me to have a series of blood tests and ultrasounds in my internal organs, you know liver, kidneys and so forth. Hope it's nothing serious. sad

Interesting juxtaposition.
    Running around with the same complaint and MY doctor told me to sit out and call again in a week. slant

Anyway, take care, Stavroula!
    Positive vibes for nothing more than a minor malfunction that can be rooted out by proper antibiotics or paracetamol or whatever. wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Get well, Stavi!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    My poor car has broken down. sad

To make matters worse I was going to drive 130 miles tomorrow to a friends surprise birthday party.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

To make matters worse I was going to drive 130 miles tomorrow to a friends surprise birthday party.

That´s too bad Anthony. Can you borrow somebody else´s car?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Coach? or, heaven forbid.....train?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Coach....train?!! Blasphemy!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

Perhaps it will be an even bigger surprise if you're not there?

Bummer about the car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    Apparently there's no proper Halloween film on tomorrow. slant
    It's just the film Halloween being shown on three (!) different networks. I hate that flick.

Well, I have some time to decide what I'm gonna listen to tomorrow.
    I know already I'll cap it off with one of the Sapphire & Steel audio adventures. freezing lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Perhaps it will be an even bigger surprise if you're not there?

You are so mean!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Apparently there's no proper Halloween film on tomorrow. slant
    It's just the film Halloween being shown on three (!) different networks. I hate that flick.

Well, I have some time to decide what I'm gonna listen to tomorrow.
    I know already I'll cap it off with one of the Sapphire & Steel audio adventures. freezing lick

Audio adventures sounds more like it. Much as I like the series it can't ( due to budget wink ) match your imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Much as I like the series it can't ( due to budget wink ) match your imagination.

Quite true and the first two audio series do have some pretty scary humdingers...but overall the TV series -especially the very first episode of series one- remains untarnished for its level of creepiness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Fever. slant
    Kazoo