• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    Oh Bregt! sad Hope it's nothing serious. Get well soon! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Fever. slant

Bummer! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    I didn't really know where to put this, but I testified as witness in court today (regarding the case of our unforunate apartment complex). It wasn't exactly Hollywood melodrama, although I often got an urge to exclaim "You can't HANDLE the truth!" to the prosecutors. wink

I guess why it's annoying me a little bit, is that I don't know how well I did and what the defense thought. I peaked over to him while I was answering questions from the opponents' lawyers, but I didn't get any reaction and I had to leave immediately after I was finished. Let's just hope my testimony didn't make matters worse!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Interesting stuff Thor, I wonder? What music would you have used to score the scene?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Interesting stuff Thor, I wonder? What music would you have used to score the scene?

My first thought was the John Adams speech music from AMISTAD, but since that was somewhat overblown, let's try something more subtle - like Jesus' speech in THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hah! biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've reminded myself of a place I used to work ( my very first job in fact ) where my best work buddy and I gave themes to every character that worked there. We started with Peter and The Wolf, I had Peter's theme, my friend, who was a bit of a ladies man had the wolf theme, the skittish secretary had the ducks theme, the plodding foreman had the Grandfather theme etc, once we'd used it up other music became viable so the flashy company rep had the James Bond theme and our boss who we considered a buffoon had the Laurel & Hardy theme...all done behing their backs of course wink I can't remember what music we used for head office but if it had been written then I'm sure it would have been the Imperial March from Empire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What was YOUR theme, then?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Peter's theme ( it's written up there too wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Peter's theme ( it's written up there too wink )

Ah sorry...I misread it as a guy with the name of Peter having his theme.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    I didn't really know where to put this, but I testified as witness in court today (regarding the case of our unforunate apartment complex). It wasn't exactly Hollywood melodrama, although I often got an urge to exclaim "You can't HANDLE the truth!" to the prosecutors. wink

I guess why it's annoying me a little bit, is that I don't know how well I did and what the defense thought. I peaked over to him while I was answering questions from the opponents' lawyers, but I didn't get any reaction and I had to leave immediately after I was finished. Let's just hope my testimony didn't make matters worse!

What happened? IF you can talk about it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

What happened? IF you can talk about it.

At the testimony? Not much. I was cross-examinated - first by the defender, then by the attorneys for the defendants. If you're talking about the case itself, I talked a little bit about it earlier in the thread:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ii/#Item_5
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm working on this new smaller notepad and I really don't like it probably because I'm not use to it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have a great idea Tom, buy a BIGGER note pad.

don't worry, you can pay me later biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    I wouldn't have bought it. The reality is the City Schools of San Diego did for my friend Maureen. A teaching aid. Free is a good thing.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Okeydokey biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    What's annoying me currently are programs that change what one writes automatically. Argh! crazy

For instance Open office Calc (Same as Excel). When I write "1.8", then as soon as I click Enter, it changes what I wrote to "01-08-09"! It just drives me nuts that the people who made this program at some point thought to themselves "Hey, I don't think people should be allowed to write whatever they want. I think we should make the program change what people write, because we can't trust people to write what's best for their own good".

The same with Open Office Writer (Same as Word). If I write "1)" and clicks Enter. Then it moves the symbols to the right and automatically write "2)" on the next line! Or rather, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on what mood it's in I guess. It also automatically changes a small letter to a big letter if it follows a period, which is incredibly frustrating when one needs a small letter there.

I'm sure there is some way to turn these things off (and please tell me how), but it still annoys me so much that it's apparently the default setting for these programs to sabotage the stuff one writes.

Peter angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    plindboe wrote
    For instance Open office Calc (Same as Excel). When I write "1.8", then as soon as I click Enter, it changes what I wrote to "01-08-09"!

That's probably because the formatting for that column is set to expect a date so it converts whatever you type into a date. There should be a way to change that to make it a number. Use the $% and +.000 keys to set how many decimal places you want to display (and hence say that it is a number)

As for the other niggles, I'm not sure what the numbering problem is. But the first letter capitalization disabling can be done by following this-
    http://linuxwave.blogspot.com/2009/03/t … etter.html

It's not a bad idea to learn LaTeX. There are free tutorials that can get one started in just a few hours. And there are free GUI editors for LaTeX that make it very easy. You have complete control of what you want. And Math formatting is just beautiful.

LyX is an editor that you can type in just like Word and not bother about the LaTeX commands.
    Texmaker is an editor that is a graphical frontend for LaTeX. It gives much more control.

I've been using Texmaker for the last few months and it's just awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    It took me a long time to get the monitor and printer to agree on my newer Canon printer.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    Today I've spent all day laying on the couch feeling as weak as a kitten after throwing up all night without any sleep....I feel very rough sad

....I don't even feel like playing music slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sorry to hear that. I thought I was in for a bout of that last week after I inexplicably couldn't keep any food down one night, but next day I was fine.
  1. What's happened? Food poisoning?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I honestly don't know but compared to the early hours of this morning I feel a lot better now, still not great but a lot better. I've had serious food poisoning once and it was loads of times worse than what I've just suffered and flattened me for over a week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Get well soon Timmer smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Ravi beer

I'll be very well soon, it's very minor compared to what some others have had to go through here on our board.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Peppermint tea can work wonders cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Tim I hope you are feeling better already! Get well soon and let us know how you are doing. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Other peppermint drinks never fail to lift my spirits either! lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've had similiar symptoms off and on for the past three weeks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Other peppermint drinks never fail to lift my spirits either! lick

Right now that would kill me! dizzy

I thought I was getting better but I still feel crap. slant