• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013 edited
    We played in a pub quiz last night. Not really annoying because we won anyway but I do wish some quiz masters would get their facts straight, particularly in a film round...

Q: 'do I feel lucky, well, do you punk' was first used in which Clint Eastwood film?

A: Sudden Impact

uhm

I told him it was from Dirty Harry but he had nothing to check it up on and so wouldn't give us the point. I think I would have been very annoyed if that one point had cost us the game.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Actually, "Go ahead, make my day", as far as I remember was NOT in Dirty Harry, but in one of the later movies in the series. I should watch the movie again soon, but yeah, I don't remember "Go ahead, make my day" from the first movie.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ooops! My fault, I just edited it.

I wrote the correct answer instead of what was askedshame biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Oh, right smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bye bye Orsny you twonk!

Well done Bregt, that was quick work beer
  3. Twonk, whatever it means, I like the sound of it biggrin
  4. PawelStroinski wrote
    Twonk, whatever it means, I like the sound of it biggrin

It's a bit like twat but with more feeling.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013
    I'm really frustrated by these bots. Kind of desperate to what to do. But it's Easter so I have a day extra to find out!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013
    Two simple solutions:
    1) block the ENTIRE IP-range for India (they'll give up after a few months, after which the block can be lifted; there currently are no forum users from India so the impact is nil.).
    2) drop automated registration: ALL new users now need approval from a mod (which means providing a proper mail address).

Hey presto.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013
    Martijn wrote
    Two simple solutions:
    1) block the ENTIRE IP-range for India (they'll give up after a few months, after which the block can be lifted; there currently are no forum users from India so the impact is nil.).
    2) drop automated registration: ALL new users now need approval from a mod (which means providing a proper mail address).

Hey presto.

Bregt, do these please, great advice.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The second option is what I tried for trial period of three weeks. There are multiple registrations a day but that was when I didn't have the 'proove that you are human' question thing yet. I'll see what I can do with the first option.
    Kazoo
  6. Demetris wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Two simple solutions:

Hey presto.

Bregt, do these please, great advice.

Hi Demetris,

are you in Crete? Did you see your family back in Greece? How are matters? I hope you are well!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I will eventually go to Cyprus where my family is, in Orthodox Easter which is about a month away. In the meantime i am thinking of the Naked Merkel image in order to comfort my self wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    OH. MY. shocked dizzy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013 edited
    Damn....I clicked. She had a great body, though. No doubt about that.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Right. Now I confused Crete with Cyprus. shame

They were much more relaxed about nudism in Germany/East then they were in Germany/West (except for Sylt of course dizzy ). So the existence of this picture isn't that surprising.

It was their "little liberty". Since then it didn't change that much, though. Still large nudist areas at the beaches of the Baltic Sea.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013 edited
    |
    |
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013
  8. Those threat/ds below.

Edit: Oh ... gone. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013
    Couple of CDs came today.

Track on Jacob Groth's "Dead Man Down" called "Would You Go Out With Me" - which would seem to be an interrogative, but not punctuated as such.

Track on Hanan Townshend's "To the Wonder" called "Marinas Theme" - which I assume is the theme for either a person called Marina, or a posh area with boats in it, either way signifying a possessive in which case there should be an apostrophe.

There is literally NOTHING going on in the world today which is more demonstrative of pathetic, low moral standards than the misuse of punctuation on soundtrack albums. NOTHING.
  9. I had to ask Anne what an interrogative was. shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013 edited
    Not annoying but very saddening, a great writer... sad

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/book-n … iain-banks
  10. Timmer wrote
    Not annoying but very saddening, a great writer... sad

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/book-n … iain-banks

Terrible news!
    As a SF buff I have read all of his "Culture"-novels - a series, that has reached the heights of Asimov's "Foundtation", Heinlein's "Future History" and Herbert's "Dune".
    Very sad! sad
  11. So, the Dollars Trilogy box set I bought... is a re-recording. I'm pissed off. I had to unpack it to realize what it is, so I can't send it back to Amazon...
  12. Oh, I can. Just dealing with the formalities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013
    Southall wrote
    Couple of CDs came today.

Track on Jacob Groth's "Dead Man Down" called "Would You Go Out With Me" - which would seem to be an interrogative, but not punctuated as such.

Track on Hanan Townshend's "To the Wonder" called "Marinas Theme" - which I assume is the theme for either a person called Marina, or a posh area with boats in it, either way signifying a possessive in which case there should be an apostrophe.

There is literally NOTHING going on in the world today which is more demonstrative of pathetic, low moral standards than the misuse of punctuation on soundtrack albums. NOTHING.

I couldn't agree more?

Peter tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013
    Pawel,

indeed, Morricone re-recordings are nearly always terrible. It's curious how no one seems to be able to recreate the sound of Morricone's spaghetti westerns; not even Morricone himself can do it when he performs them live.

I recommend that you buy The good, the bad and the ugly separately, as this is a mighty fine release. You can then get the two others included on this sublime compilation album.

Peter cuba
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Pawel,

indeed, Morricone re-recordings are nearly always terrible. It's curious how no one seems to be able to recreate the sound of Morricone's spaghetti westerns; not even Morricone himself can do it when he performs them live.

I recommend that you buy The good, the bad and the ugly separately, as this is a mighty fine release. You can then get the two others included on this sublime compilation album.

Peter cuba

From Now Playing...

PawelStroinski wrote
    And this:

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Got the expanded edition (21 tracks) today (along Tree of Life and the botched Dollars Trilogy set, which I am returning tomorrow) today and I wonder if I ever listened to the complete thing. Of course, it's not that I was oblivious of this score - I've heard Ecstasy of Gold many, many times (including a live performance conducted by Morricone himself!) and of course the Main Title is legendary.

Nothing better than some Ennio brilliance for sure cool

wink

I 2nd your 2nd recommendation, Peter beer