• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013
    Thor wrote
    Dentists are insanely expensive in Norway. A regular check-up will cost you from 1000 NOK and upwards.

Holy crap! Why is that? Lack of competition, price fixing or something equally sinister?

I think a checkup in Denmark would probably be half that, and we actually do have very expensive dentists. Many danes go to Sweden when they need to get their teeth fixed, as it's rather cheaper there.

I wish it would be part of the public health service. There's obviously something wrong when prices can differ like that from country to country.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    I just tried to have a jog, but it eventually dwindled into a fast-paced walk as I -- once again -- thought I was gonna die every 2 minutes.

So this annoys me:

Why is the brain wired in such a way that everything that is painful, boring and tiresome (workout, healthy food etc.) is GOOD for you while everything that feels good (potato chips, beer, relaxing etc.) is BAD for you?

Doesn't make sense, dammit!

Because you're a soft civilised silky boy!

GIMME 10...

HUP.........1

HUP.........2

HUP.........3

HUP.....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Humanity is a stray bullet of evolution. Our hunter-and gatherer body does not fit the modern world. Upright walking is bad for you back.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In Valhalla the ancestors weep for Thor wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Dentists are insanely expensive in Norway. A regular check-up will cost you from 1000 NOK and upwards.

Holy crap! Why is that? Lack of competition, price fixing or something equally sinister?

I don't know. It's Norway. And dental care is not part of the public health system the same way as regular health care is (where you only pay a moderate amount and the state/taxes covers the rest).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    In Valhalla the ancestors weep for Thor wink

For Odin!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    In Valhalla, Thor's ancestors are rolling in their eternal holy graves because of the crappy avengers and Thor films! wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    In Valhalla, Thor's ancestors are rolling in their eternal holy graves because of the crappy avengers and Thor films! wink

Nope! They are watched on eternal loop while eternal fighting, whoring and mead drinking continues endlessly.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

Nope! They are watched on eternal loop while eternal fighting, whoring and mead drinking continues endlessly.

Mead is devious stuff. It got me the most terrible hangover I ever had.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's why you're not a Viking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I have no idea how much dentistry cost here in the UK? Alan? James? etc??

A regular checkup is £18. A filling / root canal is £49. (If on the NHS!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013 edited
    What's annoying me? The fact that I have to stay at God know until when to finish the soapbox assignment due on Friday for the M.Ed. and that I work tomorrow morning. I want to sleep! cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Is there no beginning to this pygmy brained moron's talent in his own lunchtime...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n … ve-1833646

What a pointless little twerp he is.

This.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Funny, but not entirely fair.
    As I hypothesised before: "She probably would have been a fan," (Anne stepsister) Schloss says. "Why not? He's a young man and she was a young girl, and she liked film stars and music. ..."

F*ck me. I'm doing it again.
    Siding with the Bieb.
    Somebody, quick! Find my pills!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not really fussed whether Anne Frank might have been a fan of Justin Fuckwit, the important thing is to make fun of that little twirp as much as possible. Let us never lose sight of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013 edited
    Steven wrote
    I'm not really fussed whether Anne Frank might have been a fan of Justin Fuckwit, the important thing is to make fun of that little twirp as much as possible. Let us never lose sight of this.

Quoted For Truth.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Quoted For Truth.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Quoted For Truth.

biggrin beer

He was let down by his PR, he could have said something much more positive that didn't sing the praises of his ego, if what he said was PR then he landed an own goal and was let down by his own team.
  3. Food poisoning.

No 'mass ejections' but the worst abdominal cramps/pains ever.

That was yesterday. Just stomach muscle aches today.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    Fuck, that's bad! How did you got it? What meds you take to fight something like? I really hope you're better today my friend.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Food poisoning.

No 'mass ejections' but the worst abdominal cramps/pains ever.

That was yesterday. Just stomach muscle aches today.

Ohhhh, sorry to hear that Alan, that's nasty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Fuck, that's bad! How did you got it? What meds you take to fight something like? I really hope you're better today my friend.

I don't think there's much you can do except ride it out and keep hydrated.
  4. I hope, you are better now, too, Alan.
    All the best!

Volker
  5. Thanks for the concern. The family went out on Thursday evening for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I had pigeon, steak & kidney pudding then creme bruleé. By about 3 am I was writhing in agony with horrible stomach doctor. It was so bad that I was at the out-of-hours doctor by 7 being injected with painkillers and anti-vomiting meds.

Yesterday was a complete non-day. And last night wasn't very settled as I have a bit of residual abdominal aching that is still distracting.

Though we did spend the day birding today. Year tick list now stands at 113.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That sounds pretty serious. I wonder what caused it? My money would be on the crème brulee
  6. I thought that too Tim. Thing was, it wasn't the best that I have ever tasted!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Did you file any complains ? Did anyone else eat that and got sick too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd also put kidney pudding in the suspect list.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote

Not if it's served piping hot and it's steak and kidney pudding.
  7. Demetris wrote

For everybody who was not born a British it's bound to work that dreadful way! wink