• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
    He, he...yes, I know. Appreciate it. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Preparing for a job interview tomorrow. 90-minute "behavioural interview" - I hate behavioural interviews. Absolutely useless at them.
  1. Just behave!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't even know what a behavioural interview is.... confused
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    I don't even know what a behavioural interview is.... confused

You're fired!

:pointy finger:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    Thor wrote
    Not 'annoying', perhaps, but slightly peculiar. Greatest anti-climax ever as I posted this thread at FSM about how enthusiastic I was about all the film music events happening around the world:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

...and then just get an indifferent shrug in return; basically the sound of this.

That was a bit embarassing. shame

Typical FSM I'm afraid. They're an apathetic bunch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    I think there are a handful of reasons; those who are interested in concerts are only interested in the festivals/concerts that are near them (for FSM that's LA area), and I think a lot of people just don't care as much about hearing the film music live nor socializing outside of the board. Nothing wrong with that I guess, film music is not like pop/rock/... where you have a tour every year where you go punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013 edited
    True, there's that. Also I think most fans don't really care to 'meta comment' on their passion and interest. They just like to "live in it" with all that entails. I think that's unfortunate, but we can't all be wired that way.

Curiously, the topics that ARE "hot" usually don't interest me at all; I don't even click on them for the most part. I know I'm the odd man out on much of that (and that actually gives me some enjoyment too), but I find it hard to fathom how something like a friggin' film music event -- with concerts, seminars, meetings and so forth -- doesn't at least engage SOME enthusiasm beyond the 'oh...there's another event. Let's go to it' attitude.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013
    I'm an expert in procrastination. I'm supposed to be writing on my exam right now, but I keep surfing the net instead. And no one seems to be around. Procrastination without aim and function.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I currently have three project plans to revise, six check lists to update with actions and decisions, and a slew of formal documents to prepare.
    But it's only due for Friday morning, so I will have Thursday night to do all this (my day is full up already with emergency escalation meetings...).

So plenty of time.

Let's discuss gerbils.
    Or James Horner.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think Thor should listen to Skyfall and contemplate again
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    francis wrote
    I think there are a handful of reasons; those who are interested in concerts are only interested in the festivals/concerts that are near them (for FSM that's LA area), and I think a lot of people just don't care as much about hearing the film music live nor socializing outside of the board. Nothing wrong with that I guess, film music is not like pop/rock/... where you have a tour every year where you go punk

Rarely do smelly fat fanboys want to get out of their dungeons out in the sun and actually meet...real people.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    Demetris wrote
    Rarely do smelly fat fanboys want to get out of their dungeons out in the sun and actually meet...real people.

The sunlight might turn them to stone. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    beer
  3. Damn DRM files!!

I have some old downloads that are DRM-protected and I would like to be able to listen to them in iTunes. Does anyone have a reliable converter that they are willing to point me in the direction of?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    just a simple converter? i am not sure it removes drm though? anyway here it is, the best free format converter

http://www.filehippo.com/download_forma … 9b9b9f91c/
  4. Demetris wrote
    just a simple converter? i am not sure it removes drm though? anyway here it is, the best free format converter

http://www.filehippo.com/download_forma … 9b9b9f91c/

Thanks Demetris for the link. But the whole point of the request was for something that removed DRM and allowed me to convert to mp3/aac.

I gave it a go but I couldn't see if it could convert these DRM files.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013
    I went out last night to play in a pub quiz in town, we came 3rd but that's not what annoyed me. In fact being annoyed is putting it lightly, more like livid with impotent rage after bumping into an old 'pub' friend, when I say 'pub' friend I mean someone I only know from going out, someone I'll happily sit down with and have a decent conversation or a laugh with over a pint, anyway, he looked a serious MESS, busted nose, black eyes, cuts, bruises, swollen lips, a broken wrist and a broken rib, his crime was to get off a bus at the wrong place at the wrong time and get beaten to shit by a bunch of morons for no reason whatsoever ( was it his 'look'? He dresses goth/rock ), he wasn't robbed or anything, just mindlessly beaten up, thankfully some good spirited people came out of their houses and the thugs fled otherwise cripes knows how much more damage they'd have done.

Other than his music taste ( punk/goth/rock/indie ) he's one of us, a geek who is anal about sci-fi/books/comics etc etc, a real gentle person with not a violent bone in his body, I just find it so bloody senseless.

Mr Southall may find it unsurprising that this took place in the Southmead area of Bristol. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jesus f*cking Christ. slant

I know the UK gets a lot of flak generally for having CCTV all over the place, but I do so hope this was captured and that these little shits are caught up with.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The police are involved and I hope you're right.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013 edited
    Damn....I hate random violence like that (well, I hate all violence, but the random kind is particularly disturbing).
    I am extremely serious.
  5. this sick violence is getting more and more attention lately. There has been accounts like this in Belgium and Netherlands recently (I'm sure anywhere else too). Hope they can catch the fucks. And I don't mind putting them in a square, and let a 100 men punch the shit out of them in reverse. Just for the sake of how it actually feels angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It expect it happens more than we know, not a lot of it gets reported unless it has some media value.
  6. Timmer wrote
    It expect it happens more than we know, not a lot of it gets reported unless it has some media value.

or when it's filmed by a city camera (that's how I saw it on the news)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is UK really that shit when it comes to violence?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote

God yes, it can be, especially if you happen to be in the wrong place, a particular race or colour, dress code etc, thankfully these events are few and far between and only truly strike home when it's someone you know personally who has been attacked.

No different than most countries I suspect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

When you say 'UK' you make it sound like the whole country is one big fighting ring. It really isn't that at all. You can expect to go most places and not find yourself beaten up. But, like with anywhere I suppose, there are bad places at bad times.

I think what we have a problem with (amongst many other things) is binge drinking, and that causes a lot of violence.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

For that reason I haven't visited my city centre on a weekend for many years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The one thing you seem to have and other countries not so much, is juvenile criminals, kids carrying around knives in day and night and killing people.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    The one thing you seem to have and other countries not so much, is juvenile criminals, kids carrying around knives in day and night and killing people.

That's gang culture and it's a problem ( you forgot to mention guns ) but again it's mostly internal 'area' warfare. It's a shit situation that nobody has come up with right answers for.