• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014
    Nope.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I have a similar problem: I want to lose a bit of weight - well a lot - but all the things I need to cut out are the things I like to eat/drink.

I keep telling myself that, if I REALLY want to lose any weight then I would stop having the things I know I must cut out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Well, the doctor roasted me about this last week. And she is right of course. So, no sugar, no white flour, no beer, no fat. In theory it's easy. rolleyes
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Well, the doctor roasted me about this last week. And she is right of course. So, no sugar, no white flour, no beer, no fat. In theory it's easy. rolleyes

To me, that would be akin to someone telling me "Stop living! Now!".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I keep telling myself that, if I REALLY want to lose any weight then I would stop having the things I know I must cut out.

Weight loss is a bitch. Following fitness blogs (on tumblr for example) can sometimes help with motivation. Some can be very corny, but if it helps, it helps! Also, drink a shit load of water. Drink a glass before each meal if you can. It'll make you feel more full before you start eating.

Just look for encouragement wherever you can, and get yourself into healthy habits (like the water thing).

My Achilles' heel is the night time munchies. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and chocolate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    ...and chocolate.

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    ...and chocolate.

yeah

He get's some minus kudos points for not liking dark chocolate.

My weakness is late night biscuits and cheeses. Even better with some red wine or port.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't think I have to point out what my weakness is -- the only trouble is that I have too many of them.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. The day after I saw the docor my neighbour suffered a heart attack and the ambulance came in with blaring sirens and all. She is better now, fortunately. That sobered me up.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    ...and chocolate.

yeah

How anyone can like dark chocolate is beyond me. It tastes like ass!... and not even the good kind! Urgh.
  4. I think maybe it wasn't chocolate you were eating, Steven. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Dark chocolate is fine, but if given a choice, I'll always go for the milk kind.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I will try (and like) most things, but dark chocolate is something I physically cannot eat. I can bear it when it's small bits in vanilla ice cream, or mixed in with something sweeter, but on its own it makes me gag. Perhaps it genetic, or something like that? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Could be.

I think I'm genetically inclined to like all things sweet and candy, in addition to the potato chips obsession. Everyone in my family loves it, although I'm maybe a bit more extreme than them. I always want to stuff my face full of it untill I get nauseaus (or however you spell it).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm the same, although I really try not to buy anything like that because I know I'll just eat it as soon as I put it in my kitchen. I generally drink coffee when I get those urges, which helps... up to a point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've tried a gazillion alternatives, but nothing works. When Friday comes, I rush out to the store, buy a big bag of chips, return home and eat the whole thing IMMEDIATELY within just a few minutes. It's madness.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Indeed. In the supermaket I am in controll of myself. So i don't buy that stuff. It's the only thing that helps. If it's in my place ... not a chance. If I get ravenous it helps me to imagine the taste of what I am after. After some time the urge goes away. Someone told me once that you can trick your brain that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've tried that too. I'm simply not wired that way -- I have intense cravings for the stuff. It must be a biological mechanism, not just a matter of willpower.

It's a war with myself every time I go into a grocery store, especially because the chocolate and chips are placed near the counter. I usually end up with something -- today, for example, with a bar of marzipan chocolate and a box of strawberries (the 'healthy' alternative which became an addition, not an alternative).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    I've tried a gazillion alternatives, but nothing works. When Friday comes, I rush out to the store, buy a big bag of chips, return home and eat the whole thing IMMEDIATELY within just a few minutes. It's madness.

Hmm, that's tough. Maybe watch some "off putting" videos so you won't want to eat?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Now I want cheese doodles!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor! An illuminate being you are, nut just crude matter! Concentrate! Concentrate!! Don't give in to the craving. The Fat Side it is! Once you start down the fat path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    ...and chocolate.

yeah

How anyone can like dark chocolate is beyond me. It tastes like ass!... and not even the good kind! Urgh.

I love milk chocolate too but ( for me ) nothing beats this with a cup of tea in the morning. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Now I want cheese doodles!

What's stopping you? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I love milk chocolate too but ( for me ) nothing beats this with a cup of tea in the morning. cool

Orange milk chocolate is my favourite sort of chocolate. lick

And Lindt! Christ. That stuff is dangerous. Don't look at the calories. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    See, to me orange milk chocolate is too sickly. Still, we shall celebrate our differences. bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, fuck that. Milk chocolate fans UNITE! knight
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No! Join me! Come to the dark side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I like milk chocolate. I like dark chocolate.

I f---ing LOVE chocolate orange. If ever I go on Desert Island Discs then I'm going to screw taking any music with me and just take a few chocolate oranges. I would die happy.