• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2013
    Thanks.

I'm surprised why more people aren't getting sick after all these film music events with tons of boozing and whatnot.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Call yourself a Viking? Pah!! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2013 edited
    What do you mean?

beer --> For Odin! --> dizzy --> vomit --> sleep

Isn't that how it always goes?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where's the wenching? shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thor wrote
    Thanks.

I'm surprised why more people aren't getting sick after all these film music events with tons of boozing and whatnot.

I'm a bit sick now, but my regenerated resistance due to my 3 month cure seems to handle it better than expected

who's the viking now?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2013
    Get back to me when you're able to start drinking again and we'll talk! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hah! Good old in-fighting, do continue. In a nut shell that's exactly how you got youz asses whooped and booted out of 10th century Britain. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Only after we had whupped your ass first! tongue
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He who whups last whups hardest! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013
    The Norwegian government is going to INCREASE taxes on snus and alcohol.

So even though we have the steepest prices for alcohol in the world, it's going to get MORE expensive!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    The Norwegian government is going to INCREASE taxes on snus and alcohol.

So even though we have the steepest prices for alcohol in the world, it's going to get MORE expensive!

No outcry against this?

P.S. I'm curious, do lots of people still snus in Norway? And can I use snus as a verb? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, you can use snus every way you want! wink

Yeah, there are many people using snus in Norway. Up to 30% of the young population does it, and it has skyrocketed after public smoking was banned. So you can imagine there's an outcry -- both for this and the booze prices. But as usual, Norwegian government wants to 'nanny' their inhabitants. crazy
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Java script. What a stupid language. Grr. Gimme good ol' VBA any day of the week.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013 edited
    Not really 'annnoying', but the weekend that has just passed seems to be one of the most film music-heavy weekends in a long time. I've been watching on facebook....the guys over in the US had their Film Music Fans gathering with the concert and party at Chris Young's house, the guys in Ghent had another great WSA weekend (with breweries...BREWERIES!!). A bit envious of all of this.

Another slightly annoying thing is that I just started my lecture series at the Oslo Cinemateque (one week), where I use one hour to teach young media pupils about film music. That is of course a pleasure in itself, but it's always a bit disconcerting to see some pupils sleeping on the back row despite my rather accesible and enthusiastic teaching style with LOADS of clips. OK, it was early in the morning and not everyone is as enthused about film music as I, but still. I still keep taking these things personally. I know I can't do that when I'm aiming for a teaching job.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Synchrotones wrote
    Java script. What a stupid language. Grr. Gimme good ol' VBA any day of the week.

I will pretend I didn't read "what a stupid language" and "good ol' VBA". uhm
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013
    Thor wrote
    the guys in Ghent had another great WSA weekend (with breweries...BREWERIES!!). A bit envious of all of this.

We missed you! We can all do that again though. Worth it! smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    it's always a bit disconcerting to see some pupils sleeping on the back row despite my rather accesible and enthusiastic teaching style with LOADS of clips.

Harkening back a century or three to my own student days, I can fairly confidently state that it has very little to do with teaching style and everything with the night before (which I would assume would entail copious quantities of beer, dancing and sexual acrobatics*) rather than any meaningful kind of sleep).

In fact, the very fact that they managed to drag themselves out of bed to attend your class rather than pull a sickie speaks VOLUMES in favour of your classes!

*) Of course most of these tales came to me secondhand from friends and costudents who actually had al these experience. If you count laying awake, agonising about the lack of all of those for most of the night, I would definitely have been part of the rostrum again! wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    Harkening back a century or three to my own student days, I can fairly confidently state that it has very little to do with teaching style and everything with the night before (which I would assume would entail copious quantities of beer, dancing and sexual acrobatics*) rather than any meaningful kind of sleep).

Thor said that it was the students who were having trouble staying awake. Aren't you talking about Thor? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    wink

Yeah, there's obviously an element of that, although the classes were on an excursion to the Cinemateque, which should ideally make the surroundings more learnerfriendly (away from the classroom and all that).

I know it's a bit wrong to compare to my own days as a pupil in high school back in the old days, but all I can say is that if we had had a media program the way they do now (where they make films, do radio shows, online newspapers, graphic design etc.), I would have been ECSTATIC! At most, we were lucky if we got an incy wincy, tiny bit about film in our Norwegian classes inbetween all the literature, grammar etc.

But for some pupils, school will always be school, no matter how interesting it is or how you present it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Students love getting hammered. Whether a Friday, Saturday or Sunday the pubs around Bristol ( one of this country's main student cities ) are very busy with students and not just British either, there seems to be a big influx of Italian, Spanish and French around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Same here. Although I'd be surprised if these 15-year-olds were raving about in pubs! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Same here. Although I'd be surprised if these 15-year-olds were raving about in pubs! smile

biggrin

Pubs are far more strict on identity nowadays but a decade or two ago that wasn't uncommon, y'know, send the tallest/beardiest kid to the bar or the most well developed/mature looking girl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Reminds me how I'm always yawning and stretching and feeling and looking like I'm about to go into a coma 30 minutes into any lecture. But none of this is because I find it boring! This brain shut down just happens automatically, no matter if it's the best lecture I've ever heard or not. So keep in mind that you can't always judge correctly by body language.

Peter sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hopefully, yeah. I missed more information about pupils' body language when I took my pedagogy studies.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. If the fist is swinging towards you, it's time to dodge!

:grin: Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. No free WiFi in this proxy hotel sad
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    One would think a proxy hotel would have wi-fi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My internet........ stops worki...... at random...... noy the hell out...... restarting the router..... waiting a few mi...... usually solve......... I'd call my internet provi....... telephone queue..... ighmare...... stupid nerds..... lesser evil....... to not call...... penguin..... Anywa....... 's all....... rant over.

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Have you fired a warning shot?