• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    What's annoying me currently? The inability of seemingly all Americans to correctly pronounce such simple words as "pasta", "borough" and "Madagascar".

Try and get them to say Iraq or Iran.
    Now there's a challenge!

Well, who cares, it's all filled with the same stinky terrsssts on bloody 'merica Jihad.

English please.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    What's annoying me currently? The inability of seemingly all Americans to correctly pronounce such simple words as "pasta", "borough" and "Madagascar".

Now there's a challenge!

Before the recent (current?) war in Iraq I saw an interview with an American congressman whose Texan drawl produced a tremendous mauling of "We're going to go to Eye-rack and teach Saddam Hooooo-sain a lesson." Laugh? Cry? Who knows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    What's annoying me currently is that nearly all my wonderful aquarium fish died during my 18 days trip to England. It wasn't the lack of food that killed them, fish can survive 18 days hungry easily. It was the temperature. I thought it would get 13 C in my apartment with the heat shut off, but it was 7 C when I returned. What an idiot I am! Should have gotten someone to check on the fish while I was away. They've given me many fun moments, and now they're all littered on the bottom of my fish tanks. Very depressing, and am annoyed at myself for not having the central heating on during my vacation.

Peter sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote

Now there's a challenge!

Well, who cares, it's all filled with the same stinky terrsssts on bloody 'merica Jihad.

One tends to note that not being interested enough to properly pronounce the name of invaded territory does very little towards creating goodwill and endearing a local population...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    plindboe wrote
    What's annoying me currently is that nearly all my wonderful aquarium fish died during my 18 days trip to England.

Oh noeeeez! sad
    Sorry about that, Peter.
    Did you not factor in the rather steep drop in temperature these last few weeks?
    Or did you simply forget to set the thermostat?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    What's annoying me currently is that nearly all my wonderful aquarium fish died during my 18 days trip to England. It wasn't the lack of food that killed them, fish can survive 18 days hungry easily. It was the temperature. I thought it would get 13 C in my apartment with the heat shut off, but it was 7 C when I returned. What an idiot I am! Should have gotten someone to check on the fish while I was away. They've given me many fun moments, and now they're all littered on the bottom of my fish tanks. Very depressing, and am annoyed at myself for not having the central heating on during my vacation.

Peter sad

How horrible. Not a great welcome back. sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    What's annoying me currently is that nearly all my wonderful aquarium fish died during my 18 days trip to England.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. It's even worse than what's annoying me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    stinky terrsssts on bloody 'merica Jihad.

Y-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    Oh noeeeez! sad
    Sorry about that, Peter.
    Did you not factor in the rather steep drop in temperature these last few weeks?
    Or did you simply forget to set the thermostat?

Thanks Martijn, Tim and James.

I just though that it wouldn't get THAT cold in my apartment, even with the heating off, as people live below and above me. The aquariums had heaters, but only 50W, which wasn't enough at all. I foolishly thought that I might as well have the central heating off, and thereby safe some money. I ended up losing alot more money in fish. It was a stupid gamble, and my cute fishies ended up suffering because of it. Being an animal fan, that's the worst part of it.

Peter sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    stinky terrsssts on bloody 'merica Jihad.

Y-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s...

It would be funny if many Americans didn't actually talk like that wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sorry. I don't want to labour the point. But who could possibly look at the word "parmesan" and think it should be pronounced "parmy-john"? Idiots.
  1. Sorry to hear what happened, Peter.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Sorry. I don't want to labour the point. But who could possibly look at the word "parmesan" and think it should be pronounced "parmy-john"? Idiots.

LOL!
    Excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry sorry sorry for breaking the mood, Peter. It wasn't to be disrespectful,
    But parmy-john really made me laugh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm sorry for that too, Peter. There should be different threads for serious annoyances and less-serious ones!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, I struggled with that as well, actually (witness the last couple of weeks slant ).
    It's clear that this generally is more the "lighter" thread, encompassing generally no worse than some grouchy complaining, but evidently there is a need for a thread that's a little more serious.

Let me think about that.
    Not an easy one to create by any means.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thanks Alan. smile

Hehe, that's ok, Martijn and James. Laughter is the best medicine. This would be one very depressing thread, without the jokes and silliness.

Peter smile
  2. Now that the holiday season is over and done with I'm hoping that things are going to get back to normal. I received a couple of shipping notices from SAE just before and during the holiday period and as a result the packages are taking longer than usual.

And, obviously, I'm thinking that they have been lost forever rather than just taking a bit longer to travel because of all the extra post. That wouldn't be too bad but these two packages contain limited editions such as Freud, Innerspace and Last Rites.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I still haven't received Back to the Future - posted to me in November! I have a bad feeling about it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe it has been shipped back to the future?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Made me laugh. *needed that

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Maybe it has been shipped back to the future?

Had to be done. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It did. I contacted Intrada and they're going to send me a replacement package. Brilliant service!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, so I've just been diagnosed with tinnitus, early stage. FUCK!

You know, with all the shit that happened last year, this is really turning out to be tragi-comical. What is this? THE TRUMAN SHOW?

crazy
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yes, I struggled with that as well, actually (witness the last couple of weeks slant ).
    It's clear that this generally is more the "lighter" thread, encompassing generally no worse than some grouchy complaining, but evidently there is a need for a thread that's a little more serious.

Let me think about that.
    Not an easy one to create by any means.

A 'serious' thread does need creating and with an appropriate title, I have faith it'll be in good hands with you Martijn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

You know, with all the shit that happened last year, this is really turning out to be tragi-comical. What is this? THE TRUMAN SHOW?

crazy

Holy Jesus D big pants Batman!!!! shocked

That's a hell of a bummer Thor, 'tragi-comical'? I know what you mean, if you didn't laugh about it you'd end up crying and never stopping.

Seriously sorry to hear about that friend. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks, Tim. I'm sorry if my "outburst" was a bit too serious for this thread, though. I agree with everyone who says we need one for more serious issues, while this is more for "everyday nuissances".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thor wrote

crazy

shocked What the f...?!
    Sorry to hear that hon! Do you know what caused it? Hope you'll get better soon!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    Thor wrote

crazy

shocked What the f...?!
    Sorry to hear that hon! Do you know what caused it? Hope you'll get better soon!

Thanks. No, I don't know what caused it initially. I heard a ringing noise in my ear when I flew back from Turkey to Oslo in September. And then again when I flew from Poland in November. Inbetween and since then it's been on and off. Fortunately, the doctor said I could still fly (although it would most likely occur again when I did), but he said I shouldn't be scuba diving. I have never intended to do much of that anyway, so it's not a big loss.
    I am extremely serious.