• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is gout?

It's ουρία.

Damn mate, how do you get this? alcohol and generally bad lifestyle? How does it go away? Hope it's not too serious my friend.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    If you want, I'd be happy to take all your alcohol from you? I know, I know... what could you possibly do to repay me? But you're in pain, and I want to help! Please, please, don't mention it.

I may have a problem.

...getting the alcohol off of me, YES! tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You can get mine. I have one unopened bottle of Otard cognac, two bottles of wine (one an expensive Amarone), one bottle of white wine and one small bottle of Bacardi.

It's no use to me anymore. But I might keep it as a "bar" for guests.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. My old boss has gout. One of the things he had to avoid (or that flared the gout) was red wine.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? How much of that did he use to drink? 'Cause i love red dry wine and it's my drink but i don't drink more than 4-5 glasses per week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    You can get mine. I have one unopened bottle of Otard cognac, two bottles of wine (one an expensive Amarone), one bottle of white wine and one small bottle of Bacardi.

It's no use to me anymore. But I might keep it as a "bar" for guests.

Can I come round yours?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Looking for symptoms on the web is not a good idea I think. Most people panic and look for symptoms and somehow find the worst option. It mostly will turn out to be something different!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    You tell me about it! Last year with my stress related symptoms! I googled them and got the worst! And of course as my doctor told me this made me feel even worse. rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Same with medicine books. They can give hypochondria.

I have heard about psychology students learning about mental illness and finding exactly every single symptoms in themselves...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looks like you'll be alright after all, Tim! (Bearing in mind you're reading all these comments on the internet.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011 edited
    Steven wrote
    Looks like you'll be alright after all, Tim! (Bearing in mind you're reading all these comments on the internet.)

I love you man! beer biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011
    biggrin tongue
    Kazoo
  3. Couldn't think of where else to put this...

This isn't really what I was hoping for when people said that digital downloads would give us access to much more music:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cassette-Forwar … mp;sr=1-84

rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What about the plain stupid topic. Goddamnit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Something for nostalgia buffs, I guess?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I just got my tax report and was shocked to learn that I got a BILL of about $1300 instead of getting the same amount in RETURN, which I had expected....Geez.

Come on, God!! You just keep givin' me the shit, dontcha?! That was the only thing that missed. 2011 has now officially eclipsed 2009 as my worst year ever (which I'm sure I'll wax on about, come New Year's).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    An almost $3000 difference between your and their calculation?
    Hm.
    That's only ever happened to me when I made a MASSIVE mistake in filling in the returns.
    I mean, it sounds a bit much to be just a clerical error.

What happened, Thor?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think it has something to do with the fact that they've valued my share of the apartment too high. It should be lower, and the debt should be higher -- which again would give me more deductibles(?) in the total tax calculation. It may be something I overlooked when I first got the pre-filled out tax return form.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But then you can appeal, yeah?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    But then you can appeal, yeah?

Yes, I've sent in a complaint. If it's something I overlooked back then, I don't think I have much of a case. If so, it's a massive mistake like the one you did.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    And now I have a terrible ache (an infection?) in my tinnitus ear just one day before I'm gonna fly to Belgium. (surely, airplane pressure can't be good for this). What a day, what a day!!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    And now I have a terrible ache (an infection?) in my tinnitus ear just one day before I'm gonna fly to Belgium. (surely, airplane pressure can't be good for this). What a day, what a day!!

Most people recommend that you should not fly with an ear infection but - like computing - I am no expert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Most people recommend that you should not fly with an ear infection but - like computing - I am no expert.

I know. I'm suddenly a bit nervous for the whole trip. I think I'll be going to the emergency hospital afterwards to get advice. It's disastrous if I can't go, since I can't get the hotel or airfare refunded. That means, with the whole tax thing, a loss of several thousand dollars in one day here!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What's this weekend! It's cursed!

Marcel had to cancel his week long trip through Belgium (I'll meet Jordi tonight, but it should have been with Marcel) and can only attend during the weekend because of work. Now your ear! We want you all here Thor!
    Kazoo
  5. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

I know. I'm suddenly a bit nervous for the whole trip. I think I'll be going to the emergency hospital afterwards to get advice. It's disastrous if I can't go, since I can't get the hotel or airfare refunded. That means, with the whole tax thing, a loss of several thousand dollars in one day here!

Although there are scare stories about the risk of ruptured eardrums if you fly with an infected ear I think that there is very little evidence from the profession that this occurs to any great degree.

Best thing to do is as you say, go see someone asap. In an ideal world you shouldn't fly but perhaps the risk is so low that - taking the loss of expense into account - it would be better to go.

Do you not have any travel insurance that covers you for any cancellations due to illness? If you do then a doctor's note saying that it would be against medical advice to fly should get you some compensation - if you have that cover.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The air pressure thing on board planes is a bit worrying Thor, get some advice quickly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Considering the distance it is a short flight, right?
  6. Thor, that blows man! Hoping your ear problem and taxes will all get sorted out soon.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I desperately want to go too, Bregt, but I won't if there's permanent damage to risk (on an ear that is already permanently damaged!). Then I'll have to work things out with my travel insurance instead. I must get hold of a doctor asap!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Considering the distance it is a short flight, right?

Quite short, the moment you pass over the north frontier of Belgium, count to ten and you'll know you have passed over the south frontier. West to east, is 12,8 seconds.

tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.