• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Me and a couple of friends usually spend NYE somewhere else and we make a holiday of it (Berlin 2 years ago for example). This year looked good, until someone had the idea to go skiing. I'm not a fan of it, I don't want to be able to know how to ski, it's expensive and the idea of doing the same thing with the same apres ski stuff for a whole week, is not attractive.

Anyhow, my principles resulted in me being the only one of the usual group staying home! biggrin

But that's a bummer too. Need to find an alternative. slant
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe police car was showing only blue lights and jumped the red to get to what might turn out to be a minor incident. But led to a major accident. It has happened before.

Or maybe the police car was involved in something in which they were the innocent party.

I really don't know Alan, I may find out next week when I go to the same pub.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christ mate it could have ended way worse I am so relieved you are alright !

Thanks D.

If it wasn't for a telegraph pole being in the way the police car would have hit us.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe police car was showing only blue lights and jumped the red to get to what might turn out to be a minor incident. But led to a major accident. It has happened before.

Or maybe the police car was involved in something in which they were the innocent party.

Update : just found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-15233279
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ouch, hadn't read your story Tim! Madness!

I can imagine today was rather slow then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Me and a couple of friends usually spend NYE somewhere else and we make a holiday of it (Berlin 2 years ago for example). This year looked good, until someone had the idea to go skiing. I'm not a fan of it, I don't want to be able to know how to ski, it's expensive and the idea of doing the same thing with the same apres ski stuff for a whole week, is not attractive.

Anyhow, my principles resulted in me being the only one of the usual group staying home! biggrin

How about staying home and having a regular NYE celebration with friends (those that are left behind, anyway) in your own surroundings? wink

Haven't you done enough travelling for one year?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Crikey!
    Only read this just now.
    Glad you and Mel are OK, mate.
    Poor Gomez was almost an orphan! sad

Did you manage to get any sleep afterwards?
    With an adrenalin spike like that a sleepless night is well expected!

Bregt wrote

I just know it's gonna be fjøcking fjørds again... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Whötta is wrøng witl fjörður? uhm
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Nø pålmtrèëš.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Nø pålmtrèëš.

biggrin applause ( no surprise that I would choose Fjords too though wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Crikey!
    Only read this just now.
    Glad you and Mel are OK, mate.
    Poor Gomez was almost an orphan! sad

Did you manage to get any sleep afterwards?
    With an adrenalin spike like that a sleepless night is well expected!

Bregt wrote

I just know it's gonna be fjøcking fjørds again... slant

You're right about not being able to sleep for awhile afterwards. I walked past the site yesterday and realised I got it wrong, the cop car smashed through a bicycle lock-up stand, not a telegraph pole, whatever, it stopped any further progress. I've heard that it was the police who were at fault and I hope the driver of the other car will make a full recovery, 'stable' is still a serious condition.
  1. "...make a full recovery" and sue their ass!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Just returned from work. Oh yes, my office job 7-3. Well guess what! 6-9 as well because I'm doing the work of 3 people and a stupid chick messed it up for me! A work of month's worth lost because of a stupid mistake someone else did! angry I'm telling you 900 euros and dropping is not worth it! Oh and my brother is most probably immigrating to England in 2 months! Niceeeee!!!!
    Still,if everyone around is healthy I won't complain more than that. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    slant

Shouldn't you think about joining him?
    Or a similar change of/in life?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    Oh dear Stavi, that's damn frustrating. Hearing all the news from Greece is often impersonal, but your story gives it a real emotion.

Is the move of your brother because of the crisis?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    Yes Bregt. He is working for the public sector as well and his salary is 60% down for what it used to be a year ago. Mine is 40% down.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011 edited
    40%! shocked sad

That's terrible Stavi. I just can't imagine that. It's all so far away sometimes. I sincerely hope much better for you and your country.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    After nearly a year of waiting I'm to be fitted with my wireless device that will hopefully allow my foot to work somewhat normally. http://www.bioness.com/Home.php My initial fitting on Tuesday required the company to increase the amount of sensitivity and do some other minor adjustments. I'll keep all posted on how it works
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. sdtom wrote
    After nearly a year of waiting I'm to be fitted with my wireless device that will hopefully allow my foot to work somewhat normally. http://www.bioness.com/Home.php My initial fitting on Tuesday required the company to increase the amount of sensitivity and do some other minor adjustments. I'll keep all posted on how it works
    Tom

Looks good Tom. Hope that the technology works for you the way you want it to.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The unit is $7000 which is how I got paid to be in the study. It sure beats the brace. I'm hoping for the best. The drawback so far is that there has been further muscle/nerve damage so it's effectiveness could be somewhat diminished.
    Tom
  3. There's going to be some time tweaking the device to suit your own circumstances I suppose. If it doesn't work optimally for you at present you may be of more interest to Bioness so that they can improve their device even more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I met with Bioness on Tuesday and I certainly qualify as a prime guinea pig for them. I'm to meet with them for one hour per week till the end of the year. The hospital also wants me to talk to the patients at there recovery conference as to how effective it is. That would be in January of 2012.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sounds very interesting Tom!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It really is quite the device.
  4. sdtom wrote
    I met with Bioness on Tuesday and I certainly qualify as a prime guinea pig for them. I'm to meet with them for one hour per week till the end of the year. The hospital also wants me to talk to the patients at there recovery conference as to how effective it is. That would be in January of 2012.

Testimonials from patients who are actually using the devices are very powerful. If you were cynical you would say that it shifts product and boosts sales. And that is undoubtedly true. But they are of immense importance in getting patients to actually try them out - more so than any piece of company-generated literature or sales rep.

If you do plan to talk at the conference, your experience would be very valuable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    What a device! KGood luck Tom, and keep us updated. Like Martijn said, very interesting to see what will happen.
    Kazoo
  5. Getting slightly annoyed that 'A Symphony of Hope: The Haiti Project' continues to be unavailable in physical format. I'm thinking about cancelling my order at Amazon UK, and just go for the iTunes download. I'll make my own CD of it. Yes I'm very old-school I prefer to put the actual disc in the player and press PLAY.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So why not wait?
  6. It's done! I've been iTuned! I'm impatient! I deserve to be burned like a witch! A witch made out of wood!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure, duckie.