• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It has been a few weeks since I ordered anything but it is towards the end of the ordering process so I can't see exactly where it is without actually ordering something (or at least going some ways down the process). But, there's a series of boxes along the top of the screen page that more or less says something like "you don't want to add a cost to the CD price plus p&p so if you choose this one then we won't replace anything lost". I think it is somewhere around when you see your final list of CDs you have ordered, with total costs and shipping costs.

I thought that you had to choose one of these options before the order was processed. Are you sure that your order was actually finalised? Might seem like a silly question but has the money for this order actually been taken out of your account (I had to ask)?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    Sae started doing crappy business? Oh, that's tough news indeed. I get my varese titles always from colosseum.de but well, for the rest it's a tough decision.......who else is good and trusted besides sae?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Might seem like a silly question but has the money for this order actually been taken out of your account (I had to ask)?

Yep.
    Payment, order and shipping all confirmed and done.
    Besides, I order roughly once every month from SAE, so I'm pretty familiar with their system (or so I thought anyway! I never (consciously) noted this option, though!).

Christodoulides wrote
    Sae started doing crappy business? Oh, that's tough news indeed. I get my varese titles always from colosseum.de but well, for the rest it's a tough decision.......who else is good and trusted besides sae?

Well, they're still good and trustworthy, of course!
    It's just not a business model I'm very comfortable with vis-a-vis the risk for potential damages and financial loss I, as a customer, incur!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. I want to say too that I don't have a bad word to say about SAE. They are a great outfit and I accept that, when the postal system goes belly-up (very rare in my experience), they have decided not to offer replacements free of charge.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    If I remember correctly, they had to start doing this because some people from Spain were profiting from their replacement package policy. Or too many orders got lost in suspicious circumstances, anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It's more about the business now. I am sure they will be just as friendly and helpful as they used to be but no more freebies. Maybe they were being stung by unscrupulous people claiming lost packages and they were just losing too many units in replacing peoples' lost items?

Maybe the closer links between SAE and FSM meant a more strict business model?

They are going through some really hard times that is my opinion. Did you notice the addition of the video? I've emailed Craig twice this month and have received no responses very unusual for him. The number of FSM releases is down compared to Kritzerland, La-La Land, and Intrada. Too many companies trying to capture a tiny market to begin with. Sales of digital downloads have also hurt sales I'm sure. You know the CD is not going to be too far behind the LP.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Another smoggy day, yuk.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    They are going through some really hard times that is my opinion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you nailed it, Tom.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011
    I mixed tea and coffee by accident this morning. It doesn't taste very good at all.
    Tom sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like poison Tom wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It was awful
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There's an option in the order form now at SAE that you can choose. When chosen they will add an amount to the cost of the package and this will cover any loss if it just happens to be mislaid.

I've avoided ordering from SAE since I noticed this and will continue to avoid them unless there's no alternative. Their shipping rates are already more than any of their competitors' and I'm not paying even more for this; and am not willing to take the risk of the parcel getting lost (and it has happened on several occasions to me - each time the retailer has willingly sent out a replacement).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011 edited
    Southall wrote
    it has happened on several occasions to me - each time the retailer has willingly sent out a replacement).

Yup.
    That, to my mind, is an essential part of creating customer loyalty.

I've been a very happy customer with SAE for ...well...over a decade I would think.
    Over the course of the years I have paid them many, many thousands of dollars.

But yeah, now I will start looking at alternatives before I order. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011
    I haven't ordered from SAE since this change either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011 edited
    We have a new prime minister! 6th in 5 years! One PM per year! So fresh! punk

rolleyes
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ssst, not in front of the Belgians! You're embarrassing them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ^LIKE! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011
    oh I didn't know what's happening there... shocked

I'd give them one of our still-fresh former PMs tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011
    My stroke foot is giving me a lot of trouble. It is swollen, covered with rash, and is quite numb. My neurologist has verified there is no clot but has little solution than what I'm doing. If I keep it elevated the swelling disappears.
  3. Do you have access to a vascular surgeon for a consult? It maybe something vascular or perhaps something like lymphedema at a guess?

Perhaps your calf muscle pump is being affected by your neurological problems meaning that fluid is not being cleared from your lower limb because of the inefficient work of the calf muscle. Raising your leg means that the fluid is draining away through gravity.
  4. The rash is probably a symptom of the inefficient cycling of either the blood or the lymphatics.
  5. Maybe you could contact these people for some advice:

http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/trau … ealing.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011
    thanks Alan. They're right down the street from me. If they accept Medicare I'll go for it.
    Tom
  6. If they don't surely they could point you in the direction of someone who does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What I'm more concerned with is the lack of feeling on the bottom of my foot.
    Tom
  7. sdtom wrote
    What I'm more concerned with is the lack of feeling on the bottom of my foot.
    Tom

Sound like neuropathy. Consider visit to diabetic clinic for advice. A lot of people find out they have diabetes by going to A&E with a nail in their foot that they haven't felt.

I am not suggesting you have diabetes but their experience with people who have neuropathy may help you and help prevent damage to your foot if you have no feeling. Last thing you want is an ulcer on your foot.

With no sensation in your foot you don't know if you are standing on something sharp, you don't know if you have ill-fitting shoes andv you don't know if you are standing on something that is too hot. All can lead to wounding of tissue and these wounds can be problematic to heal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm not diabetic there is permanent nerve damage caused from the stroke.
  8. I know that. I was highlighting that a diabetic clinic could give you useful advice to help with day to day care of your numb foot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    they sure can and I'll follow up
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The only thing more annoying than George Lucas making Darth Vader scream like a child while killing the Emperor is EVERY ****ING PERSON I KNOW POSTING ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK. It was OK when the first person mentioned it (Martijn!) yesterday or the day before or whenever. Now it's tiring. Just don't buy the ****ing product if you're that bothered, if nobody bought it then he would stop messing with it.